Micah Gursky, Tamaqua Council Preside...

Micah Gursky, Tamaqua Council President, A LIAR!!

Posted in the Tamaqua Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
omg

Selinsgrove, PA

#1 Dec 16, 2009
Gursky, Tamaqua Council President, at December 15th meeting was QUOTED; COUNCIL is not INCHARGE of the Chief/MAYOR! This is very confusing and the citizens at the meeting went NUTS! A very smart lady stood up in front of borough council on Tuesday night and had a complaint about our police department. Micah asked if she had contacted the Police Chief and she replied that she was not able to see him at that time. So she brought the subject to Tamaqua Borough Council were Mr. Micah said that they were not in charge of The police chief and the department as well as the MAYOR. REALLY?? Didn't Borough Council just interfere with The Mayor trying to do his job? And aren't they the ones who just put a huge bill in front of the citizens! Micah Gursky is the one who went up on the stand and worked against the Mayor! Micah you are disgusting as well as the rest of them! You want him gone because you don't want him to interfere with your special interest! You are a disgrace and should not be the Borough Council President and shouldn't even represent me or the rest of the citizens of this great town of Tamaqua! You tried to destroy him with Dave Argall Jerry Knowles and yourself and your plan didn't work! If people can't see the corruption I don't know what else will wake you up! We need to stand up against this monster! Oh and he plans to raise your taxes as well! So you support him! Go ahead but when you can't afford to live in Tamaqua anymore DON'T COMPLAIN!
ImTiredOf_It

Wilburton, PA

#2 Dec 16, 2009
omg wrote:
Gursky, Tamaqua Council President, at December 15th meeting was QUOTED; COUNCIL is not INCHARGE of the Chief/MAYOR! This is very confusing and the citizens at the meeting went NUTS! A very smart lady stood up in front of borough council on Tuesday night and had a complaint about our police department. Micah asked if she had contacted the Police Chief and she replied that she was not able to see him at that time. So she brought the subject to Tamaqua Borough Council were Mr. Micah said that they were not in charge of The police chief and the department as well as the MAYOR. REALLY?? Didn't Borough Council just interfere with The Mayor trying to do his job? And aren't they the ones who just put a huge bill in front of the citizens! Micah Gursky is the one who went up on the stand and worked against the Mayor! Micah you are disgusting as well as the rest of them! You want him gone because you don't want him to interfere with your special interest! You are a disgrace and should not be the Borough Council President and shouldn't even represent me or the rest of the citizens of this great town of Tamaqua! You tried to destroy him with Dave Argall Jerry Knowles and yourself and your plan didn't work! If people can't see the corruption I don't know what else will wake you up! We need to stand up against this monster! Oh and he plans to raise your taxes as well! So you support him! Go ahead but when you can't afford to live in Tamaqua anymore DON'T COMPLAIN!
Regardless of our differences, thank you for telling us what happened and making your feelings public.
ImTiredOf_It

Wilburton, PA

#3 Dec 16, 2009
P.S.: Please tell people about this forum so word gets out.
welfare county

Woolrich, PA

#4 Dec 16, 2009
hmmmm looks like someone finally sees that this town is corrupt and it is not limited to just council
ImTiredOf_It

Wilburton, PA

#5 Dec 16, 2009
If you have been reading the things I write, it should come as no surprise that I see (legal) corruption everywhere.
I was never in Gursky's, or anyone else's back pocket.
When you say "not just council" what are you talking about? The mayor? Elaborate.
hometown ruled

Stroudsburg, PA

#6 Dec 17, 2009
ImTiredOf_It wrote:
If you have been reading the things I write, it should come as no surprise that I see (legal) corruption everywhere.
I was never in Gursky's, or anyone else's back pocket.
When you say "not just council" what are you talking about? The mayor? Elaborate.
He means the police remember? We're all corrupt!
SickofthebullN

Catawissa, PA

#7 Dec 17, 2009
Not refering to Tamaqua,but lots of cops are corrupt.Look at Shenandoah,Lansford years ago.Frace from Mahoning Valley will lie to the magistrate.The list can go on and on. Half the cops are wannabees any more . they all have their shaved heads like they are Special Forces Rangers or something .I lost my respect for cops years ago when one lied at a hearing I had for a traffic stop.Most will lie at a hearing. I found that out by talking to alot of people. Now the cops need to Earn my respect,because most are just a bunch of assholes.Henry doesn't fall into this category by the way.
omg

Selinsgrove, PA

#8 Dec 17, 2009
this is not about the cops it is about how sneaky our borough council is, and we keep electing these dicks why? well i am not voting for them but the majority of Tamaqua is. and now they plan to raise your taxes, all but one voted for it, and the lonley no vote was Miorelli. people please wake up, and i agree henry is a good natured police officer
ImTiredOf_It

Wilburton, PA

#9 Dec 17, 2009
omg wrote:
this is not about the cops it is about how sneaky our borough council is, and we keep electing these dicks why? well i am not voting for them but the majority of Tamaqua is. and now they plan to raise your taxes, all but one voted for it, and the lonley no vote was Miorelli. people please wake up, and i agree henry is a good natured police officer
I'm glad to keep hearing good words about one of our finest, and I completely agree, even when he disagrees with me.

Oh yes, I tend to agree that the problems are with the leadership--Council primarily. Certainly, the lack of public backlash is making them more confident and arrogant. So long as there is no significant backlash, guaranteed, there will be more frequent tax/fee increases with hardly any accountability, much less transparency.
What I have found is people are not buying the newspaper anymore, so many don't even know there's been a tax hike. Council IS counting on this. That's why we have to get the word out on sites like this because many (maybe most) people now have a computer.
Go Away

Milford, PA

#10 Dec 17, 2009
Yah Hooray for Cathy Miorelli..........

She wants to spend money on an ice rink. Can she talk out of two sides of her mouth or what? No taxes, but lets spend money for ice. LOL

Smart Lady complaining about the police? She does not even live in the borough from what I'm told, sour grapes over a fender bender? Really

Exactly why people do not pay attention to this site

Sounds like the mayor likes to orchestrate a meeting with all of his minions and pre-coaching.
ImTiredOf_It

Wilburton, PA

#11 Dec 17, 2009
Hold on.... We have a council member who does not live in the borough??????????

Ice rink? Inform us and give all of the specs, not selected ones to make Miorelli look bad.
Go Away

Milford, PA

#12 Dec 18, 2009
The smart woman that omg referred to was not a Council person, she was from Tuscarora I beleive.

As for the Ice rink, that is the point, she wants to have one but from my knowledge she gave no specs, priceinfo etc. Just flood the courts that are there that do not hold water and will crack exisiting courts.

That is all I know at this point. Will try and find out more
challenger99

Shreveport, LA

#13 Dec 18, 2009
Go Away wrote:
The smart woman that omg referred to was not a Council person, she was from Tuscarora I beleive.
As for the Ice rink, that is the point, she wants to have one but from my knowledge she gave no specs, priceinfo etc. Just flood the courts that are there that do not hold water and will crack exisiting courts.
That is all I know at this point. Will try and find out more
Years ago there were several basketball courts around town that had "lips" built around them, when the temperature was cold enough the fire dept would take a couple of pumpers and fill the courts with a couple inches of water to skate on. The Bungalow was the biggest and a lot of towns people would go there. The only only place to skate in the town was Kellners Dam.
stop

Selinsgrove, PA

#14 Dec 18, 2009
stop changing the subject...and really water from the hydrant is free and a liner is about 300 dollars not a 2 mill tax increase. DUH! don't loose sight of how corupption has you gripped around the neck to agree with the newspaper and mr. gursky himself! and she lives in owl creek! and supports and loves the citizens of this town...so back off! open your eyes and ears! and watch! when you can't afford to live here anymore. micah should pay back that 10,000 dollars he iws the one who spent it!
welfare county

Woolrich, PA

#15 Dec 18, 2009
stop wrote:
stop changing the subject...and really water from the hydrant is free and a liner is about 300 dollars not a 2 mill tax increase. DUH! don't loose sight of how corupption has you gripped around the neck to agree with the newspaper and mr. gursky himself! and she lives in owl creek! and supports and loves the citizens of this town...so back off! open your eyes and ears! and watch! when you can't afford to live here anymore. micah should pay back that 10,000 dollars he iws the one who spent it!
not to cover for the borough but the water from the hydrants is not free as the borough still needs to pay to have it filtered, if you didn't know the water that comes out of fire hydrants is the same that comes out of your tap (unless you have a well), and what do you need a liner for when it is being put on macadom and as it was said already most have lips so there isn't a reason to spend money for a liner, your not gonna loose that much before it freezes

supports and loves the citizens of town or owl creek? town is broke while own creek has all the money
ImTiredOf_It

Wilburton, PA

#16 Dec 18, 2009
I take it there is a way to line a basketball court and fill it with water for an ice rink that I feel would be a very CHEAP way of offering a winter rec activity.
Regarding the water, there is NO reason why there sould be a cost factor since homeowners already over pay in water fees.
Do you realize how many people use a measly 2000 gallons/qtr yet pay for 5000? The tier system was created TO BENEFIT people who waste water and do not want to restrict their usage, NOT to encourage water conservation.
WATER: ALREADY PAID FOR BY HOMEOWNERS!
challenger99

Shreveport, LA

#17 Dec 19, 2009
ImTiredOf_It wrote:
I take it there is a way to line a basketball court and fill it with water for an ice rink that I feel would be a very CHEAP way of offering a winter rec activity.
Regarding the water, there is NO reason why there sould be a cost factor since homeowners already over pay in water fees.
Do you realize how many people use a measly 2000 gallons/qtr yet pay for 5000? The tier system was created TO BENEFIT people who waste water and do not want to restrict their usage, NOT to encourage water conservation.
WATER: ALREADY PAID FOR BY HOMEOWNERS!
A normal full size basketball court is approx 84'X50' filled to 5 or 6 " equates to approx 11,000 gal of water. I would think that the incremental cost of processing the water is very small even in these economic times.
hometown ruled

Stroudsburg, PA

#18 Dec 19, 2009
We used to go to Kellners Dam or Tuscarora to skate when I was a kid. I remember huge hockey games at Kellners.
challenger99

Shreveport, LA

#19 Dec 19, 2009
hometown ruled wrote:
We used to go to Kellners Dam or Tuscarora to skate when I was a kid. I remember huge hockey games at Kellners.
Remember it well, I lived on Pitt Street.
In the summer remember the family picnics at Hangmans Grove and the Table Rock.
Yo-Yo-Yo

Wyoming, PA

#20 Dec 19, 2009
They used to fill the courts at Dutch Hill (Union ST. and the courts at the ball field) and we would have some nasty ice hockey games wearing figure skates. You think the NHL is rough? Try gettin' a puck to the shin protected by long johns under jeans!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tamaqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leiby's 8 hr assfister 3
Mayor Bachert 9 hr Tom Von Chew 10
News 19 year old wins GOP primary for mayor in Penns... 10 hr NAMBLA 2
News 19 Year Old Wins Republican Ticket for Mayor's ... 18 hr LGBT GOP 7
Any word on Tamaqua bus driver thrown from bus Sun Nancy Reagan 8
Review: Daisy May Valentine's slit Sat assfister 5
News Diners Flock To Leiby's Restaurant After It Reo... May 19 Leibys 1

Tamaqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance