Review: Basile Italian Delight Rstrnt
Resident

United States

#21 Sep 6, 2009
Tamaqua wrote:
Hey Resident, what the hell does John G. and his sibiling have to do with him sticking up for his employer??? Get a life! At least the kid works and trys to do good for himself unlike you who is probably sucking off the welfare system.. Grow the hell up! If you had a job and someone wrote on here about your employer you would probably do the same!
Actually Sir.
I have a very good job, but stopped going in there because of it's employees. I wouldn't trust that kid with a ten foot pole and neither should the owners. As a matter of fact Sir, she was warned about them. Now, you can grow up.
Lucky Waitress

Dallas, PA

#22 Sep 14, 2009
I love Basiles :) The owners are amazing and so are the ppl who are employed there.. The food is the best I have ever had.
Lucky Waitress

Dallas, PA

#23 Sep 14, 2009
I love Basiles. The two owners are amazing along with the food they serve. I would never change the place or tell anyone anything different. The place to be is Basiles. Everyone has there own opinion and you win some and lose some. That does not mean you should be blogging about how bad the restaurant is just because maybe they do not run the place the way you want it, but is that really your say on who they hire and how the run THEIR place. I think not.
ImTiredOf_It

Jersey Shore, PA

#24 Sep 14, 2009
I truly think this post should stop. If anyone wants to talk about bad businesses, begin with the large multi-nationals.
One of those multi's just happens to be VERRRRRRRY close to Basile's, and they are known to have a very good relationship with CHINA. They also coerce supplier to move there for dirt cheap labor, and are AGAINST FAIR and HONORABLE labor practices. In Washington, they have their own lobbies that are FIGHTING HARD TO WEAKEN LABOR LAWS because they despise the thought of people (US) getting paid a LIVING WAGE!
Basile's business is not controlling my life, the CORRUPT multi-nationals one are!

I hope the Basile's are as good as I hear they are, and will adapt their business practices to gain even more patronage. They are AMERICANS and they deserve to thrive.
Barb Still Creek

Selinsgrove, PA

#25 Feb 1, 2010
Yum wrote:
Why anyone would go anywhere BUT La Dolce Casa is beyond me. You can't beat their potions, prices or kindness.
La Dolce Casa is the only place to go if you want good food in Tamaqua!!
Ive lived in the Tamaqua area all my life. To be quite frank La Dolce food does not compare to Basiles. Basiles hoagies and pastas are better than any place in town, of course when you go to a italian restaurant eat Italian.
Barb Still Creek

Selinsgrove, PA

#26 Feb 1, 2010
Christine Christman wrote:
After carefully reviewing the menu, my father chose a sandwich called an Angel Steak, which appeared under the burger section. When the sandwich arrived, my father was surprised to see that the sandwich did not feature steak, but chicken. Concerned that he had received another patron’s meal, he asked the waitress if this was in fact what he ordered. She told him it was. Still not feeling right, and a bit mislead since he expected a sandwich with red meat, he asked a second time and requested a copy of the menu to review the description of what he had ordered. Another woman brought a copy of the menu to him, pointed out that there was no description of the item and assured him it most certainly was what he ordered. I later learned that this woman was Paula Basile, an owner of the restaurant. When we questioned why something would be called “steak” when it was in fact not steak at all, she curtly responded,“I’m not going stand around and argue with you. Can I get you something else?” Taken aback by her rude tone and feeling somewhat embarrassed and upset by the way he was treated, my father asked that they just bring him a carry out box as he was no longer hungry. He later told me that he also did not feel like waiting for them to bring him something else because it had taken quite a while for them to bring us our dishes in the first place.
Upon leaving, the cashier asked us if everything had been ok. My father tried to find polite words to use while still being honest. As he began to answer the cashier, Ms. Basile approached us again. She defensively stated that she had offered him another meal. At that point, I stepped in and offered my opinion – that the name of the dish was misleading and irresponsible as there are people out there with various food allergies and dietary issues. Of course, I could now see why she would want to call it “Angel Steak” since “three dry chicken fingers on a bun with a piece of lettuce” does not sound nearly as appetizing. Ms. Basile began to argue with me, telling me that “chicken of the sea” is not really chicken, either. Thinking that she might want business advice from someone more intelligent than Jessica Simpson, I suggested that she should add a description to the item so that people would know exactly what they were getting. She then raised her voice, telling me that she has many years of experience in the restaurant business and that she was not interested in my feedback. I’m not sure what capacity of business Ms. Basile operated in over her years of experience but her managerial skills could use some fostering. I told her that she just lost a customer, not because of the menu issue but because of her attitude. To that she retorted,“I really don’t need customers like you anyway!” Really? The last time I checked we were in a suffering economy. Ms. Basile should be appreciative of every person who steps through her door. The very day that she opened her business, the local newspaper ran a story about several area restaurants that had closed or were closing.
What incenses me most about this experience is the way in which Ms. Basile spoke to my father who is an elderly retired veteran. What ever happened to having courtesy and respect for others, especially your elders and customers? Ms. Basile never took any responsibility in her part of the misunderstanding, which alienated her customer. The only person who apologized to us was the waitress and this certainly was not her fault. There are many other places we could have chosen for lunch on a Saturday afternoon, such as La Dolce Casa or Two Kings, both of which offer similar menus. I have visited these places for lunch during my visits and the owners and staffs of these establishments have always been nothing but kind and gracious to me.

When going to an Italian restaurant eat Italian food. Everyone knows that an angel steak is chicken. Did you ever buy an angel steak at a store. DUH
Newbomb Turk

Shickshinny, PA

#28 Feb 3, 2010
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Sir.
I have a very good job, but stopped going in there because of it's employees. I wouldn't trust that kid with a ten foot pole and neither should the owners. As a matter of fact Sir, she was warned about them. Now, you can grow up.
Hey i agree, besides he was busted for selling drugs. Oh but I'm sure he was just another victim of the police setting him up.
YUMMEY

Sunbury, PA

#29 Feb 3, 2010
I have see this become an Itilian eatery review what about Lugie's On Broad st.? Small place, personal service fresh made food.

Since: Jan 10

Wilburton, PA

#30 Feb 5, 2010
I think if you combined Basile and Lugie's it would be verry good, but until then I wont go back to either place.
not confused

Lehighton, PA

#31 Feb 5, 2010
I've found it depends on who is working no matter which restaurant I go to. That includes atmosphere and food quality alike. I also like the food at Calabria's and Romano's, even though they are both a little more out of the way.
What a joke

Selinsgrove, PA

#32 Feb 6, 2010
I live in Hometown and will NEVER eat there. That scumbag,(BUCKY the rat) belongs next to his sister in the State prison! Drug addict!

Since: Jan 10

Wilburton, PA

#33 Feb 8, 2010
agree
Joann

AOL

#34 Mar 3, 2010
This restaurant is outstanding in every category. As an italian from New York myself you know we are the best food critics. After finding Basiles I frequently visit. The food, the atmosphere, the precise attention to detail of their cooking skills are superb. The staff are always pleasing to everyones personal preferences when ordering & when cleaning up. The couple who owns this fine establishment, Vito & Paolo deserve an applause from every aspect of the cooking world to every bit of dining with relaxation & ambiance. I thank them for coming into our area. It takes me approx. 40 min. to travel there & its worth every minute. They have also added a beautiful addition for parties & social functions that is out of this world. Everyone should give it a try, from pizza & wings to seafood, delicious meat entrees & mouth watering pasta dishes. Lets not forget about their "Oh so yummy dessserts" also. Don't let the small minded comments of the other reviews sway you not to try Basiles for surely it will be your loss.
Joann

AOL

#35 Mar 3, 2010
Food Angel

Kingston, PA

#36 Mar 3, 2010
Joann wrote:
This restaurant is outstanding in every category. As an italian from New York myself you know we are the best food critics. After finding Basiles I frequently visit. The food, the atmosphere, the precise attention to detail of their cooking skills are superb. The staff are always pleasing to everyones personal preferences when ordering & when cleaning up. The couple who owns this fine establishment, Vito & Paolo deserve an applause from every aspect of the cooking world to every bit of dining with relaxation & ambiance. I thank them for coming into our area. It takes me approx. 40 min. to travel there & its worth every minute. They have also added a beautiful addition for parties & social functions that is out of this world. Everyone should give it a try, from pizza & wings to seafood, delicious meat entrees & mouth watering pasta dishes. Lets not forget about their "Oh so yummy dessserts" also. Don't let the small minded comments of the other reviews sway you not to try Basiles for surely it will be your loss.
"I endorse this message, and it only cost me $5 to get her to post this shameless promotion".... Vito
Fat Albert

Selinsgrove, PA

#37 Mar 3, 2010
I personally prefer Basile's over DiMaggio's La Dolce Casa. As for Luigi's on E. Broad St, that place isn't even in the running. Luigi's service is poor and those working there are rude and unfriendly. Very few customers are there no matter what time of day I pass by. There is never a crowd in that place and I can see why. Luigi's, I predict, will close shop and move away.
My two cents:
In Hometown, Basile's food is outstanding and so is the atmosphere. DiMaggio's in Tamaqua has nice atmosphere too, good food, and is very friendly. Two Kings, in Hometown is barely acceptable. I was there a few days ago and they don't want to heat the place. It was very, very cold inside and I couldn't wait to finish my mediocre meal and go home.
In Tamaqua, DiMaggio's offers things like a roving accordionist - a classy touch. DiMaggio's pink vodka sauce is excellent. Comparing Basile's to DiMaggio's is difficult because each offers its own unique specialities, but overall I still prefer Basile's. Their attention to detail beats DiMaggio's hands down and their food just seems to be better prepared. Both places serve large portions. Basile's offer full bar service with a wide range of cocktails. DiMaggio's does not, although one can order beer or wine.
YUMMEY

Sunbury, PA

#38 Mar 3, 2010
Large portions at Basile's ? Never heard of it. I know I feltI should stop at Macks on the way home for a top off. The best comment I heard was Basile's was a good place to go if you wern't very hungery. Pitza was OK but for a pasta meal, big plate full center.
Fat Albert

Selinsgrove, PA

#39 Mar 5, 2010
YUMMEY wrote:
Large portions at Basile's ? Never heard of it. I know I feltI should stop at Macks on the way home for a top off. The best comment I heard was Basile's was a good place to go if you wern't very hungery. Pitza was OK but for a pasta meal, big plate full center.
Never heard of it? This week I ordered lasagne takeout at Basile's. I got 3 meals out of it. There now you've heard of it.
And this is coming from Fat Albert.
My 2 cents

Sunbury, PA

#40 Mar 5, 2010
I prefer DiMaggios.
Alfie would NEVER allow the waitstaff to wolf down a meal in front of customers.
For some reason, the waitresses at Basile's are allowed to eat at the bar while waiting for a customers food to be made. Something wrong about the waitstaff eating while I am starving.
Also, the waitresses at Basile's complain openly about ustomers in public areas. I feel DiMaggios trains the waitstaff very well. I like the way that I am treated there.
get a life

Bath, PA

#41 Mar 9, 2010
what i think is people in this area are jealous of a new business's succecs so they come on these sites and talk stuff about other people lets face it these areas are harsh you go to cities and people are more open minded and dont mind all of this pety stuff there are more serious problems in the world that need to be addressed why dont people raise hell about what our government is doing to this counrty not about who eats where and anyone that knows a waitress or has ever been one will know that they hustle and hustle sometimes for a measly dollar i know times are tough but waitresses also have to pay bills and have familys to support and basiles might have there defects but other local businesses also have theirs, there are restaurants in this areas that look like then havent been cleaned since the first day they opened i can honestly say that basiles is extremely clean and there are businesses that dont pay there bills and leave people hanging and dont pay there taxes maybe we should talk bout them let these people alone and get on with your own lives help the poor clean your communities do something useful with your time insted of slandering your local businesses who pay taxes to help support all the local welfare in this area

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tamaqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police resume search for Jesse Farber 1 hr Seth The Meth Mus... 95
Freddie's pub fugitives 1 hr Seth The Meth Mus... 1
News Tamaqua park getting upgrade 1 hr Seth The Meth Mus... 1
Jesse Farber Mystery (Dec '15) 23 hr Jess 99
News Tamaqua man will face trial for alleged... Mar 23 fistfucker 2
Roomies in Tamaqua! Mar 23 Mister Fister 8
News Man charged with selling fentanyl to woman who ... Mar 23 carmen miranda 1

Tamaqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance