Old buildings (Tasty Treat)

Old buildings (Tasty Treat)

Posted in the Tallapoosa Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Tallapoosa Resident

United States

#1 Feb 2, 2013
Why are buildings like the former Tasty Treat still an eyesore in our area? It has been closed down for years and its such an eyesore to our town.
tfreddy42

Dalton, GA

#3 Feb 2, 2013
U can thank the state for that

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#4 Feb 3, 2013
I have asked that question and was give the normal canned answer that the city has to do A to get to B to get to C etc. I call a slight BS on that. Surely this city has in place an ordinance that deals with property that falls into this type state of repairs be it either a business or residence. Declare it danger to the public, a public nuisance, a health issue etc and give the registered owners notice that the city gives them 30 days to respond and/or make the needed repairs. In the same letter let them know that after that 30 day period the city will demolish said buiding(s) and add the cost to the tax bill of the owner. Look at Wrights Army Store on the corner of Head Avenue, or the house at the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and East Mill Street that is falling in and looks like a jungle. Look at the house on the left side of GA 100 North about 2-3 homes back from the red light traveling North towards Cedartown. The damn thing is about to fall down, there are sections of the roof falling in and folks still live there. That is not right and safe for the inhabitants. I know the City of Kennesaw where once worked actually condemmed a HOTEL as a public nuisance because of all the calls we were answering there over and over again. It is all about the elected officials having the back bone to do something about the issue. I do not see it being manifested as of this date.
oh well

Villa Rica, GA

#5 Feb 3, 2013
Blair why don't you run for council or mayor and make a change, instead of always running the city down?
Tina

Carrollton, GA

#6 Feb 3, 2013
Why in the hell do you and a lot of other idiots in this area insist on shooting anybody down that has an opinion and has the balls to voice it? Everyone has a right to their own opinion and Topix is a place where surely you don't think everybody is going to agree on everything. I'll put in a different way so maybe even you can understand. A good friend once told me that, and I quote, "Opinions are like ASSHOLES. Everyone has one. And that means you, and you, and you, so don't get your panties in such a wad when someone has an opinion that differs from your own. Just remember, your ASSHOLE resides in those panties. Point taken?? Hope so!!
oh well wrote:
Blair why don't you run for council or mayor and make a change, instead of always running the city down?
on the rocks

Carrollton, GA

#7 Feb 4, 2013
If someone ownes something as long as taxes are being paid on it, its NOBODYS business what they do with said property.Maybe the owner likes it like that. If you want to change the looks of anything, BUY IT and you can do whatever you want with it.
tfreddy42

Dalton, GA

#8 Feb 4, 2013
on the rocks wrote:
If someone ownes something as long as taxes are being paid on it, its NOBODYS business what they do with said property.Maybe the owner likes it like that. If you want to change the looks of anything, BUY IT and you can do whatever you want with it.
well if someone wants to buy it they can do so by buying it from the state of Georgia

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#9 Feb 4, 2013
oh well wrote:
Blair why don't you run for council or mayor and make a change, instead of always running the city down?
Not running the city down. All I have to do is point out facts and it will tell the story itself.

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#10 Feb 4, 2013
on the rocks wrote:
If someone ownes something as long as taxes are being paid on it, its NOBODYS business what they do with said property.Maybe the owner likes it like that. If you want to change the looks of anything, BUY IT and you can do whatever you want with it.
I disagree. Most cities and counties have ordinances in place to deal with property that is allowed to run down and become a nuisance, health or safety risk to the public etc. The places I mention are only a few that are present in Tallapoosa. There are more. So when the property meets the criteria of public safety etc it is the business of the citizens of the city to have their elected officals enforce those ordinances and get the property back to a condition that is not a damn eyesore to all passing through or presents danger to the public. Remember you only have one chance to make a first impression. What first impressions are the places I mentioned making to those who pass through our town the first time??

“it is what it is”

Since: Sep 12

tallapoosa

#11 Feb 4, 2013
lol.... records says that the tt property is in effie davis name, not state of ga, also interestingly enough the house just south of the traffic light at broad st and 100 is either being torn down or repaired. noticed alot of work being done there.
Beaver

United States

#12 Feb 4, 2013
Leave the tasty treat alone, that's where our homeless sleep!!!
tfreddy42

Dalton, GA

#13 Feb 4, 2013
speakin of facts wrote:
lol.... records says that the tt property is in effie davis name, not state of ga, also interestingly enough the house just south of the traffic light at broad st and 100 is either being torn down or repaired. noticed alot of work being done there.
well then u need to check your facts again because the IRS took it from Charles Davis for not paying taxes to the IRS because I asked him myself because he is now working for the Ridley brothers
lashanka

Carrollton, GA

#14 Feb 5, 2013
wonder how much taxes the homeless pay?it should be taken from them also.

“it is what it is”

Since: Sep 12

tallapoosa

#15 Feb 5, 2013
dude......... lol,did you not see the lol.....geez!, although for the record, as far as county property records go its not in the irs name...l8tr
pancho gracious

Carrollton, GA

#16 Feb 5, 2013
I doubt the owner of the building gives a damn about YOUR impression

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#17 Feb 5, 2013
speakin of facts wrote:
lol.... records says that the tt property is in effie davis name, not state of ga, also interestingly enough the house just south of the traffic light at broad st and 100 is either being torn down or repaired. noticed alot of work being done there.
Thanks for the update.

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#18 Feb 5, 2013
So he had the IRS seize it for taxes. OK fine. So that means the City can not do anything about this eyesore and public nuisance that poses a danger to the community by being a breeding ground for rats etc? Yeah a wonderful sight for those passing through the town the first time to see. That should be a real draw to get folks to move to town. So then what was the issue with blaming the State of Georgia?? They got a lien on it too for tax issues??
pancho gracious

Buford, GA

#19 Feb 5, 2013
Owner Name DAVIS EFFIE W Today's Date February 5, 2013
Mailing Address 280 GA HWY 120 Parcel Number TA11 0059
TALLAPOOSA, GA 30176 Tax District TALLAPOOSA (District 04)
Location Address 42 W BANKHEAD HWY 2012 Millage Rate 35.415
Legal Description LOTS#13,14 & COMM BLDG BLK#51 Acres 0.37

“it is what it is”

Since: Sep 12

tallapoosa

#20 Feb 5, 2013
So then what was the issue with blaming the State of Georgia?? They got a lien on it too for tax issues??........exactly
tfreddy42

Dalton, GA

#21 Feb 5, 2013
pancho gracious wrote:
Owner Name DAVIS EFFIE W Today's Date February 5, 2013
Mailing Address 280 GA HWY 120 Parcel Number TA11 0059
TALLAPOOSA, GA 30176 Tax District TALLAPOOSA (District 04)
Location Address 42 W BANKHEAD HWY 2012 Millage Rate 35.415
Legal Description LOTS#13,14 & COMM BLDG BLK#51 Acres 0.37
so what is this did u not see that the IRS has a Lein on that building

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tallapoosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr WhoaBuddy 82,915
News Interviews for DAPC president ongoing Mon Elmer is satin 7
Parking Lot Sun Bremen Redneck 1
SOS Polk Schools thread deleted Jul 23 Denial 10
News Bremen man indicted for $7M in fraud (May '09) Jul 22 Betty 262
Have you?? Jul 22 Rod 3
Bremen Walmart (Apr '14) Jul 21 DumBum666 47

Tallapoosa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tallapoosa Mortgages