Crist: No timetable on Broward sheriff

Crist: No timetable on Broward sheriff

There are 39 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 3, 2007, titled Crist: No timetable on Broward sheriff. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Gov. Charlie Crist on Wednesday said he has no timetable, but expects to name a new Broward sheriff "sooner rather than later." "A lot of very good people are interested," Crist said, adding that interim BSO ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
joe

AOL

#23 Oct 3, 2007
LAMBERTI HAS BEEN THERE 29 YEARS SINCE THE STACK DAYS,THIS DEPARTMENT STILL HAS CORRUPTION AL LAMBERTI HAS BEEN THERE TO LONG ,THERE IS NO WAY HE COULD BE OBJECTIVE,AL CAPONE LAMBERTI IS A SLICK POLITICIAN WHO PRETENDS HE IS NON POLITICAL,WHEN HE WORKED WITH DICK BRICKMAN IN HOLLYWOOD ,THEY BECAME GOOD FRIENDS.IT IS A SHAME THAT NO ADMINSTRATOR HAD THE GUTS TO HELP THE DEPUTIES DURING THE NUMBERS SCANDAL,THEY WORRIED ABOUT THEIR OWN HIDES,THE ADMINSTRATORS WATCHED WHILE JENNE WAS PULLING THIS OFF.THANK GOODNESS FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OR THESE JELLY FISH WOULD STILL BE WORKING FOR JENNE .LETS START WITH A NEW LEADER
joe

AOL

#24 Oct 3, 2007
OMG wrote:
If this is a sample appointments Al will make I don't want him as Sheriff..PC at it's best!
quote=
"I can tell you that his appointment of Danny Wright as the head of law enforcement has a lot of deputies scratching their heads"
THE BUDDY SYSTEM.GOOD OLE BOYS
Al you can doit

Hollywood, FL

#25 Oct 3, 2007
uncle bob wrote:
Lamberti has my vote too! We dont need another lyer in charge of the big green machine.
here/here
Al will do it

Hollywood, FL

#26 Oct 3, 2007
Richard S wrote:
Scott Israel ppppppplease! Well qualified, highly educated,outside all the foolisness that been going on & owes nothing to BSO core, great family man,youthful in nature and will do a great job for all concerned.
Did you *ssholes give us Ron Cockring from Ft.Ld, No thanks we want FLPD in the "family", but like a mother inlaw.LOL
MIKE

AOL

#27 Oct 3, 2007
Its an Easy Pick wrote:
LAMBERTI for the Job as Sheriff
YES IF YOU WANT THE STATIS QUE
MIKE

AOL

#28 Oct 3, 2007
Broward Citizen wrote:
Lamberti has my vote
THATS GREAT BUT IT IS A GOVENORS APPOINTMENT
Who

AOL

#29 Oct 3, 2007
Solution time wrote:
Scott Israel is a leader. Scott Israel has the experience and track record. Look closely at all the candidates. Scott Israel is the only logical fit. Broward County NEEDS Scott Israel!!!
Who is Scott Isreal?
Not the First Time

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#30 Oct 3, 2007
Greg wrote:
It will take Christ a while to find someone totally unqualified, but likes to kiss a.s.s. Why don't we try putting a real cop in there for a change; you know, someone that actually understands law enforcement. Nah! I gotta be dreaming.
What does Jesus have to do with this? I didn't know the Son of God was making the decision.

Gov. CRIST please leave things the way they are. NO MORE LAWYERS, JUDGES OR HALF A BRAINS. Law enforcement officer is needed in this position for the position to work!!!!! BSO doesn't need anymore outside don't know what the hell they are doing people in this position.
jesse

AOL

#31 Oct 4, 2007
Not the First Time wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Jesus have to do with this? I didn't know the Son of God was making the decision.
Gov. CRIST please leave things the way they are. NO MORE LAWYERS, JUDGES OR HALF A BRAINS. Law enforcement officer is needed in this position for the position to work!!!!! BSO doesn't need anymore outside don't know what the hell they are doing people in this position.
yes govenor keep this joker lamberti,keep Danny wright,yes keep Dick Brickman.keep the same losers who did nothing.The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT started the ball rolling,now lets complete the job and get rid of the hacks.Gov enor give the sheriffs office back to the people and be realistic about this.
so far the same hacks have more power,yes no politics with this adminstration.I am sure the deputies are thrilled with Wrigt running road patrol hahahaha
JUSTICE

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#32 Oct 4, 2007
WOW !! 11 people trying to get the job. I guess it's a good the the PBA gave Lamberti their endorsement on his second day being the interm Sheriff. Looks like the PBA goofed again. How can you endorse someone if you have not interviewed the other 10 ? What if someone else is better ?
Time for a Change

Hollywood, FL

#33 Oct 4, 2007
Scott Israel is the right person for the job. As an outsider, he will not play favorites or be caught up in the ways of BSO's past. The agency needs a leader who is strong, experienced and will NOT repeat past mistakes. Israel is that person.
BSO Dep

United States

#34 Oct 6, 2007
Speak for yourself I would love to merge with Ft. Lauderdale.!!!!
Al will do it wrote:
<quoted text>Did you *ssholes give us Ron Cockring from Ft.Ld, No thanks we want FLPD in the "family", but like a mother inlaw.LOL
Shak for Sheriff

United States

#35 Oct 9, 2007
Shak is the only qualified guy for the job!

http://www.shakforsheriff.com
WE ALL REMEMBER

Miami, FL

#36 Oct 16, 2007
unique wrote:
It sure would be nice to see nick Navarro back in his old possition.
YES SLEEPING
KING FISH

Miami, FL

#37 Oct 16, 2007
Shak for Sheriff wrote:
Shak is the only qualified guy for the job!
http://www.shakforsheriff.com
WILL HE GET THE WHITE MANS WATTA.I KNOW ELIAJH WILLIAMS DONT,&WONT
HUEGO CASTRO

Miami, FL

#38 Oct 16, 2007
John wrote:
Hey ! I thought Shaq was looking to be Sheriff of Broward County. C'mon Shaq, Speak Up !
NICK 2 BZ EATING RIC AND BEANS ALL THE TIME
Yeah Right

Miami, FL

#39 Nov 19, 2007
KING FISH wrote:
<quoted text>WILL HE GET THE WHITE MANS WATTA.I KNOW ELIAJH WILLIAMS DONT,&WONT
You'll be gettin his watta pal...
Business Owner

Hollywood, FL

#40 Mar 15, 2008
Anyone who knows anything about the inner workings of BSO will tell you that Sheriff Jenne was drunk with power and no one from the inside had the power or ability to challenge him. This recent nonsense about laying blame upon our new Sheriff Al Lamberti is nothing but partisan political garbage promulgated by those in Jenne's own political party who seek the position for themselves. Sheriff Lamberti's record is unblemished. He is the only law enforcement professional to have risen up through the ranks to become Sheriff. He proudly wore the BSO uniform for over 30 years. No one currently in this race can make that claim. Our Sheriff needs more than a few months to clean up the years of Jenne corruption. Lamberti has never run for any political office, and is NOT a politician. Our Sheriff's office is now in the hands of a law enforcement professional. Give him the opportunity to continue restoring the trust of the people and our men and women in uniform.
Business Owner

Hollywood, FL

#41 Mar 15, 2008
Keep Al Lamberti of Sheriff - PLEASE! NO MORE POLITICIANS, LIARS AND LACKIES!!!

I read the BIO of Sheriff Lamberti at: www.lambertiforsheriff.com and am convinced that no one in this race is more qualified.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tallahassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leaked NSA doc highlights deep flaws in US elec... Jun 11 spud 105
News Leaked NSA doc highlights deep flaws in US elec... Jun 9 spud 11
News Leaked NSA document highlights deep flaws in U.... Jun 7 Cordwainer Trout 4
tallahassee sucks (Apr '14) Jun 2 audioslave74 24
Tallahassee Facebook Yard Sale (Over 1400 Members) (Mar '12) Jun 1 cmdavis1225 18
Looking for a house or rent to own move immedia... May '17 Jennjenn2828 1
Review: Mays-Munroe Inc (Aug '08) May '17 lisa 18

Tallahassee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tallahassee Mortgages