Dr. Richard Ledford resigns from Christian Heritage Church

There are 20 comments on the Dec 14, 2009, www.examiner.com story titled Dr. Richard Ledford resigns from Christian Heritage Church. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

On December 10, 2009, Dr. Richard Ledford the Senior Pastor of Christian Heritage Church in Tallahassee, FL quietly resigned.....

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
surprised

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Dec 15, 2009
Huh?
surprised

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Dec 15, 2009
who deleted the prior comments?
John

Chandlersville, OH

#3 Dec 16, 2009
what were they
Not surprised

Tallahassee, FL

#4 Dec 17, 2009
It was prophesied, over a year ago, that Ledford would leave in the night.People should go to the Leon County Clerk of Court website and look up Christian Heritage.
Saved

Chandlersville, OH

#5 Dec 17, 2009
Say what u want to about Paster Ledford but he saved thousands of lives while he Paster there.

He has a gift from God
Family

Sorrento, FL

#6 Dec 21, 2009
Saved wrote:
Say what u want to about Paster Ledford but he saved thousands of lives while he Paster there.
He has a gift from God
That's just it. We all have gifts from God. It's what we do with them and how we use them that ultimately make the difference. In the beginning, and in the end.
Informed

United States

#7 Dec 21, 2009
Saved wrote:
Say what u want to about Paster Ledford but he saved thousands of lives while he Paster there.
He has a gift from God
No, God saved the thousands through him. Please don't exhalt a man! For by man nothing is saved, but by God all are saved.
Temeasea Hall

Tallahassee, FL

#8 Dec 22, 2009
"There is no other name given under heaven whereby men can call on and be saved but the name of Jesus."

Salvation is given in the name of Jesus Christ alone. not any man. Be Blessed
The Truth Giver

Surprise, AZ

#9 Jan 2, 2010
Paster ledfor left the church..for a far more darker reason then we want to believe. make crude comments if you like but when muddy waters in raged you might just drown.people dont understand that when a man has a certain amount of power people always want to take it from you and maybe there was a secret of some sort that the church was hidden from the congragation its a old saying if you invite the devil in he wont want to leave it may have been about money or maybe he was approched by some people who offered him a better settlement or may have scared him off but who knows his reasoning for resigning its hard to understand the complecity of the situation at hand has anyone every noticed the symbols in the church there are pentagrams on the floors maybe pastor ledford found out some truth about what was happening in his own church.if you want to hide something hide it in plain site. and maybe he left because someone or something scared him and his family people are nieve to that facts at hand no one jst up leave with having a strong reason why..think about it
Gotta reply

Tallahassee, FL

#10 Jan 3, 2010
Good thoughts. Check your spelling.
The Truth Giver wrote:
Paster ledfor left the church..for a far more darker reason then we want to believe. make crude comments if you like but when muddy waters in raged you might just drown.people dont understand that when a man has a certain amount of power people always want to take it from you and maybe there was a secret of some sort that the church was hidden from the congragation its a old saying if you invite the devil in he wont want to leave it may have been about money or maybe he was approched by some people who offered him a better settlement or may have scared him off but who knows his reasoning for resigning its hard to understand the complecity of the situation at hand has anyone every noticed the symbols in the church there are pentagrams on the floors maybe pastor ledford found out some truth about what was happening in his own church.if you want to hide something hide it in plain site. and maybe he left because someone or something scared him and his family people are nieve to that facts at hand no one jst up leave with having a strong reason why..think about it
From the Heart

Washington, DC

#11 Jan 12, 2010
Bishop Ledford was truly a man of God (Yes, I called him Bishop). He lead thousands to Christ, encouraged people, and told the truth! He treated everyone the same - like children of God. I learned a lot from Bishop Ledford, and will always be grateful for his unwavering messages. Be careful what you say about men and women of God...you will reap a harvest of your seeds. Gossip is transgression. If you don't know, be quiet, and pray all is well with this man of God and his beautiful family. I pray that the Lord will continue to bless Bishop Ledford and his family, and protect them from evil seen and unseen (including gossip)ALWAYS, in Jesus'name.
loving my church CHC

Tallahassee, FL

#12 Jan 24, 2010
From the Heart wrote:
Bishop Ledford was truly a man of God (Yes, I called him Bishop). He lead thousands to Christ, encouraged people, and told the truth! He treated everyone the same - like children of God. I learned a lot from Bishop Ledford, and will always be grateful for his unwavering messages. Be careful what you say about men and women of God...you will reap a harvest of your seeds. Gossip is transgression. If you don't know, be quiet, and pray all is well with this man of God and his beautiful family. I pray that the Lord will continue to bless Bishop Ledford and his family, and protect them from evil seen and unseen (including gossip)ALWAYS, in Jesus'name.
Me and my family has been a memb of CHC for some yrs and i love my church. Pastor Richard Ledford is a mighty man of God. I have listen to many of his sermons and being under his wings has helped me to be the powerful woman of God i am today. WHATEVER the case may be for him leaving CHC he still remain a Mighty Man of God and I thank you for calling him Bishop Ledford because he is. Continue to pray for those who know not what they do.
Do Not Believe It

Tallahassee, FL

#13 Feb 10, 2010
I understand that he is a fraud and upside down on his luxurious home....not paying the mortgage or the second mortgage and in trouble with the bank.
Honesty

Tallahassee, FL

#14 Feb 15, 2010
You have got to be kidding me!!! Really...do you actully believe everything you are writing about. Boy are we really experiencing the end of times or what? Only the true believers...those who confess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and submitt all unto Him will walk in the light and not darkness as you so obviously are. I will pray for you that it will not be too late....
The Truth Giver wrote:
Paster ledfor left the church..for a far more darker reason then we want to believe. make crude comments if you like but when muddy waters in raged you might just drown.people dont understand that when a man has a certain amount of power people always want to take it from you and maybe there was a secret of some sort that the church was hidden from the congragation its a old saying if you invite the devil in he wont want to leave it may have been about money or maybe he was approched by some people who offered him a better settlement or may have scared him off but who knows his reasoning for resigning its hard to understand the complecity of the situation at hand has anyone every noticed the symbols in the church there are pentagrams on the floors maybe pastor ledford found out some truth about what was happening in his own church.if you want to hide something hide it in plain site. and maybe he left because someone or something scared him and his family people are nieve to that facts at hand no one jst up leave with having a strong reason why..think about it
Fabioso

Tallahassee, FL

#15 Feb 16, 2010
Mighty men of God don't slink away in shame from their flock.

There's more to this story.
check your inner man

Tallahassee, FL

#16 Feb 22, 2010
As a believer of God and filled with the Holy Spirit. many times in life I have asked myself, is that you Lord?? What has happen to the CHC family, I have asked myself is that you LORD? In my spirit I know Jesus is LOVE!!.... could anybody show me where the LOVE is in this?? As a member for many years.... I dont see the signature of God's Love and dont want to take part in this mess and the rest you all, need to stop and check with the Holy Spirit and dwells in each of us....that are born again.
Prophet Terald Baker

Quincy, FL

#17 Feb 22, 2010
I am Not a member of CHC and have never been I am not a close friend of Pastor Ledford but I will say this when a man is in his Position he come to realize one thing. what God Says is What He must do .their is a lot of talk out there and a Bunch of lies and Rumors but Gods No's the truth and who are we to Judge Everytime I ran into Pastor Ledford he was kind and Real Guwine I will say He treated my Wife and family like we were his members not knowing that we Pastored our own church but that did'nt matter. what I saw in him was a Man After Gods own Heart and that's what mattered his Flock I know he Loved and respected you all But that vice versal he deserves your Respect maybe there was no Secreats may be he may have had trouble paying some of his bill even if that true have you ever thought about how much a man of God Sows because of his beleif Jesus told the deciples bird have nest foxes have hole but the son of God has nowhere to lay his head and thats because he will give it all up to follow God I realize some of the congragation is hurt But God Still loves you and Pastor Ledford just had to follow Gods Voice just like we all have to do Some day so just let the Rumors Die and move on if CHC is not for you anymore than visit me at "New Kingdom Five Fold Ministries "Where Love is What Love Does" visit our web page www.ourchurch.com/member/n/NEWKINGDOM
MinisterBrittany

Tallahassee, FL

#18 Feb 23, 2010
I dont beleive it, the Ledfords are truly a christain family.
To all the fools

Washington, PA

#19 Mar 6, 2010
MinisterBrittany wrote:
I dont beleive it, the Ledfords are truly a christain family.
I have known Richard as a personal friend for many years even before he was a pastor.
To those who think he was upside down on his morgage I say you do not know what you are talking about. Richard was wealthy before he even went to bible school from a company he and his father owned making valves for nuclear companies. Since resigning he has been regularly hunting and was recently in Hawaii. If he was broke I guess he must be making money to do all the traveling. You fool!
Also I went to the court house website and the only thing I see is speeding tickets for his wife and Richard. Many of the filings do not have a middle initial so no one knows. CH has nothing negative liar!
Secondly, if he was doing poor financially he would have never left a church he took from 360 people to thousands. He was making more money than any of us have made and he walked away from it.
And to the moron who said he was not a christian you are violating biblical prinicpals in so many areas that I wont even start. You are just jealous because you call your self a minster and you have done nothing for the kingdom.
The thing is Richard will start another church and do even better and all of you complaing will still be complaining about someone. Complainers are always loosers in life!
questioner

Tallahassee, FL

#20 Mar 22, 2010
To all the fools wrote:
<quoted text>
I have known Richard as a personal friend for many years even before he was a pastor.
To those who think he was upside down on his morgage I say you do not know what you are talking about. Richard was wealthy before he even went to bible school from a company he and his father owned making valves for nuclear companies. Since resigning he has been regularly hunting and was recently in Hawaii. If he was broke I guess he must be making money to do all the traveling. You fool!
Also I went to the court house website and the only thing I see is speeding tickets for his wife and Richard. Many of the filings do not have a middle initial so no one knows. CH has nothing negative liar!
Secondly, if he was doing poor financially he would have never left a church he took from 360 people to thousands. He was making more money than any of us have made and he walked away from it.
And to the moron who said he was not a christian you are violating biblical prinicpals in so many areas that I wont even start. You are just jealous because you call your self a minster and you have done nothing for the kingdom.
The thing is Richard will start another church and do even better and all of you complaing will still be complaining about someone. Complainers are always loosers in life!
Not exactly. He said on numerous occasions that he had no intentions of leaving Tallahassee. He had also begun a teaching series and launched a small group initiative.
He probably did not walk away willingly, especially when you consider the fact that his extended family moved here to Tallahassee in recent years and purchased a home.
His second home was in foreclosure until 12/09, as the Leon County Clerk of Courts records indicate, and in his sermons he alluded to the fact that his home value has depreciated in light of the real estate crisis, and that he was trying to work out a difficult situation (business/legal/financial) situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tallahassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
19yo Man looking for a girl to talk to ages 16 ... 3 hr Krakenslayer9 1
News Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid (Mar '12) Sat Tazo 29,879
looking for family / lyndon riggs Fri searching 1
x mart forum (Jun '14) Apr 24 max 6
News Three Arrested for Abusing Vulnerable Adults at... (Sep '14) Apr 22 Cyrus 2
War on Education Attempts to Abolish Standardiz... Apr 22 Culture Auditor 1
Review: Executive Dancers Apr 21 MLLewis 1
More from around the web

Tallahassee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]