Name Released in Fatal Motorcycle Acc...

Name Released in Fatal Motorcycle Accident

There are 36 comments on the WCTV Tallahassee story from Sep 4, 2006, titled Name Released in Fatal Motorcycle Accident. In it, WCTV Tallahassee reports that:

Around noon Sunday afternoon, Wakulla County sheriff's deputies and Florida Highway Patrol troopers responded to a four-vehicle accident on Highway 98.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCTV Tallahassee.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
M Shad GWRRA

Tallulah, LA

#1 Sep 7, 2006
When will our drunk drivers be taken off the road FOREVER? Most Likely, Brenda Qualls has had several DUI's & bailed out of those too!! Those of us on Motorcycles are people who put safety first & foremost. Lock them up forever & throw away the keys. No license ever again. She is a murderer now & changed lives of these other fellow Gold Wingers forever. Marcia D. Shad
Ricky

Lexington, MA

#2 Sep 7, 2006
I'll miss you Sherry. God Speed.
Lori Crum

AOL

#3 Sep 9, 2006
My comment is to Marcia D. Shad. My mother is Brenda Qualls and I am furious at your comment!! Obviously you don't know my mother and have no right to comment on her being a "drunk driver". My mother is a good christian woman who was leaving church when this tragic ACCIDENT occurred. It is people like you who need to locked up and put away forever because obviously you have no love, compassion and forgiveness in your heart. My mother would never hurt ANYONE intentionally; or on purpose for that matter. Unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that 3 other families were affected by this devastating occurence. I want people to know that my mother WAS NOT driving drunk, nor did she have any kind of drugs in her body at the time of this ACCIDENT and although your opinion doesn't much matter to me, the families of the victims will remain in our thoughts and prayers forever. We are not bad people and my mother is not a bad person. YOU DISGUST ME!!!!!
Brenda Hunt

AOL

#4 Sep 9, 2006
Satan is seeking whom he can absorb and you Marcia D. Shad happen to be one of his. I have known Brenda for many years and how you can sit there and judge her so harshly is beyond me. Do not judge for you will be judged yourself. Brenda is a christian woman and would never hurt anyone, and as for you stating that she was drinking you are totally WRONG what I would like to know is where you got your information? Satan? There is a place for people like you I will use your quote "UNDER LOCK AND KEY"! I don't know who you think you are by referring to her as a murderer but I know what you are a vicious person and GOD have Mercy on your soul. I have to agree with my best friend YOU ARE DISGUSTING!
BARBARA FREEMAN

AOL

#5 Sep 9, 2006
MARCIA D. SHAD
IT SEEMS YOU ARE SO OBNOXIOS, THAT YOU WOULD WRITE AN ARTICLE LIKE YOU DID IN THE PAPER. I HAVE KNOWN BRENDA FOR YEARS. SHE DOES NOT DRINK AND IS SUCH A SWEET PERSON. SHE WOULD GIVE HER LIFE FORANYONE. SHE IS A GOD FEARING PERSON. YOU SHOULD BE ON YOUR KNEES PRAYING FOR EVERYONE. THIS IS A SAD TIME FOR EVERYONE ..IM ASKING GOG TO PUT YOU IN HIS HEART RIGHT NOW.
janet dailey

AOL

#6 Sep 9, 2006
M Shad GWRRA wrote:
When will our drunk drivers be taken off the road FOREVER? Most Likely, Brenda Qualls has had several DUI's & bailed out of those too!! Those of us on Motorcycles are people who put safety first & foremost. Lock them up forever & throw away the keys. No license ever again. She is a murderer now & changed lives of these other fellow Gold Wingers forever. Marcia D. Shad
Miss. M. Shad.
i understand your frustration and believe me, when it comes to drinking & driving, there should be stiff penalties that follow.
however!
You are a ignorant individual!
before you read or follow the news or hear from a friend that heard from a friend, get your facts straight.
WHEN i HEARD ABOUT THIS ACCIDENT, THERE WERE MANY RUMORS FLYING, AND HAD I BEEN A FELLOW INGNORANT CITIZEN I MYSELF WOULD HAVE MADE ESTIMATED GUESSES AT WHAT HAPPENED, BUT THAT IS WHERE MY IGNORANCE WOULD HAVE STOPPED, bUT NOT YOU MISS. SHAD, YOU PRINTED YOUR INGNORANT MISCONCEPTION OF THE TRUTH BEFORE TRYING TO ACTUALLY FIND OUT WHAT REALLY HAPPENED!
MY IDEA OF MOTORCYLIST AT ONE TIME WAS THAT THEY WERE ACTUALLY THE "DRUNKS", BUT AFTER MY MOTHER DECIDED TO OWN AND RUN A "HARLEY" I THEN KNEW MY JUDGMENT WAS HARSH AND MISGUIDED, BUT I NEVER PRINTED MY OPINION BECAUSE FRANKLY IT WAS A POOR ONE AND WOULD PROBALLY INFURIATE AND HURT PEOPLE, AND THAT MISS SHAD IS WHERE I'M TOTALLY PISSED AT YOU, YOU TOOK SOMEONE ELSES DEVASTATING FORTUNE AND ADDED YOUR OPINION, WHICH HAPPEN TO BE A BUNCH OF IDIOTIC IGNORANT LIES AND YOU SHOT OFF AT THE MOUTH !
YOU BETTER WATCH WHAT YOU SAY MISS SHAD, WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND, AND I PRAY YOU NEVER HAVE TO EXPERIENCE WHAT MY FAMILY EXPERIENCED THAT DAY!
BECAUSE MISS SHAD WHAT YOU DIDNT FAIL TO WRITE WAS THAT BRENDA M. QUALLS SWERVED INTO THAT SOUTHBOUND LANE TO AVOID A BICYCLIST IN HER NORTH BOUND LANE, HAD SHE HAVE SEEN THOSE BEUTIFUL WOMAN RIDING THOSE MOTORCYLES SHE WOULD HAVE HAD TO MAKE A DECISION TO HIT THAT BICYLIST. SHE NEVER SEEN THE LADIES DRIVING THE BIKE!
SO YOU GO AWAY, MISS SHAD, YOU ARE AND POOR EXCUSE FOR A (HUMAN) BEING!
SHAME ON YOU,
AND JUST FOR THE RECORD, BRENDA M. QUALLS IS MY STEP MAMA, AND I LOVE HER ,A ND YOUR OPINION MEANS SH*T TO HER, BUT I COULD NOT SIT BY AND LET IGNORACY PREVAIL!
GOOD DAY! SINCERLY,
JANET Y DAILEY
janet dailey

AOL

#7 Sep 9, 2006
THIS IS A CORRECTION ON MY PART, I SPELLED
IGNORANT WRONG!
AND JUST FOR THE RECORD BEAUTIFUL ALSO !
Rocky

Fort Myers, FL

#8 Sep 9, 2006
The part you are missing is that Sherry Reid is gone from this life that she loved. You can go on judging if the driver was drunk or not but this will not bring back my close friend of 7 years. Maybe the drive did no wrong, but some of us will mourn Sherry for a long time. I love you and will miss you my friend.
Allison

Brownsville, TX

#9 Sep 12, 2006
This is a tragedy and many people are taking it in different ways. All of you are being judgemental. People say things, true or not. But the only thing that matters is what is between you and God, so stop wasting your time being so judgemental of false claims and focus on rebuilding your lives. God knows what is true and what is not. You all are acting just as bad as the commentor with the false accusations. Stop throwing blame and cruel words about, Jesus wouldn't do that, he would turn his cheek. Love your enemies.
A Rider

Clearwater, FL

#10 Sep 15, 2006
Lori Crum wrote:
My comment is to Marcia D. Shad. My mother is Brenda Qualls and I am furious at your comment!! Obviously you don't know my mother and have no right to comment on her being a "drunk driver". My mother is a good christian woman who was leaving church when this tragic ACCIDENT occurred. It is people like you who need to locked up and put away forever because obviously you have no love, compassion and forgiveness in your heart. My mother would never hurt ANYONE intentionally; or on purpose for that matter. Unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that 3 other families were affected by this devastating occurence. I want people to know that my mother WAS NOT driving drunk, nor did she have any kind of drugs in her body at the time of this ACCIDENT and although your opinion doesn't much matter to me, the families of the victims will remain in our thoughts and prayers forever. We are not bad people and my mother is not a bad person. YOU DISGUST ME!!!!!
Interesting. I really liked the comment you made "the families of the victims will remain in our thoughts and prayers forever.". I guess they might be but I find it interesting that with all that Love and caring you and your family supposedly have, not you nor anyone else from your family (or church for that matter) came to visit, send a card or flowers to either of the other two women that were in the same hospital as your mother, one on the first floor and one on the 3rd. I doubt if any of you fine Christians attended the Memorial Service for Sherry Reid. She was the beautiful woman that your mother KILLED in the "ACCIDENT".
The issue is not whether your family and mother are bad people. It is about responsibility. Your mother not being impaired and a good Christian has nothing to do with it. Your mother is directly responsible for one death and crippling two other for life. One is a Deputy Sheriff and the other a professional Firefighter and Paramedic. Neither will be able to return to full duty ever again. Both were very close to retirement and now both may be denied that. Their hopes and dreams have been smashed as well as their bodies. And Sherry's future, dreams, and life were smashed and ended on the hood of the vehicle your mother was operating. The impact of what you casually refer to as the "ACCIDENT" goes on and on.
FHP is conducting a homicide investigation of the “ACCIDENT.” At its conclusion, your mother will be charged and arrested for manslaughter. It will be determined she is responsible. The court with a jury of her peers will find her guilty and she will then go to prison. You will have a luxury that we do not. You will get to visit her. We will never visit with Sherry again.
janet dailey

AOL

#11 Sep 17, 2006
Rocky wrote:
The part you are missing is that Sherry Reid is gone from this life that she loved. You can go on judging if the driver was drunk or not but this will not bring back my close friend of 7 years. Maybe the drive did no wrong, but some of us will mourn Sherry for a long time. I love you and will miss you my friend.
DEAREST ROCKY,
I AM JANET Y DAILEY OF TALLAHASSEE FLORIDA.
I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN FT. MYERS FLORIDA.
MY MOTHER IS GLORIA J. MCNEAR AND MY STEP MOM IS BRENDA . QUALLS.
1 WEEK BEFORE THE ACCIDENT THAT TOOK YOUR FRIEND AND LOVED ONES LIFE THERE WAS ANOTHER ACCIDENT IN MISSOURI.
MY AUNT WAS VACATIONING THERE WITH HER BROTHER, THEY WERE FROM FT. MYERS.
THEY DROVE THEIR TRIKES UP THERE FOR MY GREAT AUNTS 100 TH BIRTHDAY, AND WHILE SHE WAS THERE SHE WAS HIT FROM BEHIND BY A SEMI TRUCK, THROWN INTO A GUARD RAIL AND WAS NOT BREATHING WHEN PARAMEDICS GOT TO HER.
SHE WAS RUSHED TO A SMALL HOSPITAL , AND THEN TRANSFERED TO ST. LOUIS UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL WHERE SHE UNDER WENT EMERGENCY SURGERY.
SHE DIDNT MAKE IT THROUGH IT.
WE WERE DEVASTATED!
I KNOW YOUR ANGUISH!
WE WERE IRATE AT THE DRIVER, WANTED TO CHOKE THE SHIT OUT OF HIM, IM TRYING TO BE AS BLUNT AS I CAN, I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN AND IF I HAVE OFFENDED YOU I APOLOGIZE. BUT, MY STEP MOM BRENDA, THAT TOOK YOUR VERY DEAR FRIENDS LIFE, IS A GOD FEARING WOMAN AND TURNED HER LIFE OVER TO GOD 15 YRS. PRIOR WHEN MY DADDY WAS SHOT AND ALMOST KILLED IN AN ARMED ROBBERY AT HIS BUSINESS THAT HE OWNED BY DRUG DEALERS TRYING TO ROB HIM AND HIS CO OWNER.
HE ABOUT DIED THAT DAY 15 YRS. AGO, BUT HE AND MY STEPMOM HAVE LIVED FOR GOD EVER SINCE, AND THEY PRAY FOR US, THEYRE CHILDREN TO COME TO GOD EVERYDAY,
I HAVE OFTEN ASKED MYSELF WHY GOD LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOUR FRIENDS AND MY STEP MOM WHO HAS NEVER HURT ANYONE IN HER LIFE, BUT I HAVE ALSO ASKED ABOUT OUR AUNT WHO LOST HER LIFE 4 WEEKS AGO .
MR. ROCKY, I DONT KNOW.
I KNOW THAT OUR FAMILIES HEART BREAKS WHEN WE THINK ABOUT YA'LLS LOSS, AND GOD KNOWS WE WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO CHANGE THE TRAGIC EVENTS OF THAT DAY.
WE CANT THOUGH.
WE HAVENT CONTACTED THE FAMILY BECAUSE WE KNOW HOW WE FELT WHEN OUR AUNT WAS KILLED BY THAT TRUCKER, AND WE DIDNT WANT TO BE UNWANTED IN OUR SYMPATHY FOR THE FAMILY, THEYRE WILL COME A DAY WHEN WE CAN GRIEVE TOGETHER FOR THIS TRAGEDY, AND I HOPE THAT WE CAN BE A PART OF IT.
I AM SO SORRY.
OUR STEP MOM IS STILL RECOVERING FROM INJURIES SHE SUSTAINED BUT SHE ASKS ABOUT THE LADIES EVERYDAY, AND WE DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL HER.
I KNOW YOU DONT CARE ABOUT OUR STEP MOMS INJURIES AND I UNDERSTAND, BUT THERE IS ONE THING I KNOW, SHE NEVER WOULD HAVE LEFT THAT LANE IF SHE DIDNT HAVE TO, AND SHE CARES VERY MUCH ABOUT THE LIVES SHE HAS ALTERED IN THAT ONE MOMENT.
MR. ROCKY, MY HEART IS WITH YOUR LOVED ONES AND FRIENDS.
IF YOU NEED ME, OR NEED TO TALK, WRITE ME AT 46 TERRY LANE CRAWFORDVILLE FLORIDA. 32327
IT WOULD NOT LET ME POST MY PHONE NUMBER!
SINCERLY,
JANET Y DAILEY
janet dailey

AOL

#12 Sep 17, 2006
A Rider wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. I really liked the comment you made "the families of the victims will remain in our thoughts and prayers forever.". I guess they might be but I find it interesting that with all that Love and caring you and your family supposedly have, not you nor anyone else from your family (or church for that matter) came to visit, send a card or flowers to either of the other two women that were in the same hospital as your mother, one on the first floor and one on the 3rd. I doubt if any of you fine Christians attended the Memorial Service for Sherry Reid. She was the beautiful woman that your mother KILLED in the "ACCIDENT".
The issue is not whether your family and mother are bad people. It is about responsibility. Your mother not being impaired and a good Christian has nothing to do with it. Your mother is directly responsible for one death and crippling two other for life. One is a Deputy Sheriff and the other a professional Firefighter and Paramedic. Neither will be able to return to full duty ever again. Both were very close to retirement and now both may be denied that. Their hopes and dreams have been smashed as well as their bodies. And Sherry's future, dreams, and life were smashed and ended on the hood of the vehicle your mother was operating. The impact of what you casually refer to as the "ACCIDENT" goes on and on.
FHP is conducting a homicide investigation of the “ACCIDENT.” At its conclusion, your mother will be charged and arrested for manslaughter. It will be determined she is responsible. The court with a jury of her peers will find her guilty and she will then go to prison. You will have a luxury that we do not. You will get to visit her. We will never visit with Sherry again.
ARIDER
PLEASE SEE WHAT I WROTE TO A MR ROCKY.
I KNOW YOUR PAIN AND THIS ALL HAS TO STOP, WE LOVE OUR FAMILY AND WE STAND BESIDE OUR FAMILY, AND THAT IS WHAT FAMILY AND FRIENDS DO.
WE ARE THINKING OF YOU!
THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO!
I HOPE YOU FIND THE PEACE AND CLOSURE YOU NEED IN THE COMING YEARS AND I HOPE WE CAN FIND OURS!
JANET Y DAILEY
Don Newsome

Pensacola, FL

#13 Sep 18, 2006
I have recently moved from the Wakulla County area. While I did not know Ms. Qualls personaly, I do know many of her family members. I can assure you that this was not an intentional act by Ms. Qualls to sweve into the lane of traffic, causing this terrible accident. Having been a Law Enforcement Officer in Wakulla County, I know that FHP will make the right decision and make any applicable charges that may apply. To the writer calling Ms. Qualls a murdered, that comment is unedcuated and unfounded. As Ms, Qualls is clearly responsable for the end result of the crash, she is not a murderer. Some times we can not explain, no matter how hard we try, why these things happen. Some resolve things and feel better if they have a person to blame and others look to their faith for answers. In any case, making unfounded comments towards someone who by many accounts is a good person, does not help the situation. My heart goes out to the victim's families in this case.
Sherri Lynne McLendon

AOL

#14 Oct 28, 2006
As another family member of Brenda Qualls, I have read and reread what all of you had to say, and you people really NEED TO GET A LIFE.Instead of 'dogging' our family member who was so very unfortunate, why in GODS name don't you take the time and energy from your hatefulness and TRY as we do to educate people on the dangers of DRIVING -Period! It is NOT the fact that Brenda might have unintentionally KILLED YOUR LOVED ONE, but the FACT IS: Brenda will FOREVER have to live with that mistake, sure she could have taken the life of a bicyclist instead, but would that have been any better? You as a biker OR friend of a biker needs to remember some things ALSO....NEXT time YOU are on the interstate or back country roads - that 18 wheeler that YOU pull out in front of just might not see you either. You people REALLY need to experience LIFE in the cab of a BIG RIG, then you MIGHT understand just how this accident could have happened!If ya can't see from the cab of a BIG RIG, how do you expect a 4-wheeler to see somethings out there? No one has yet to say that Brenda Qualls is INNOCENT of anything nor will we, but we DO KNOW FOR A FACT that she is NOT a murderer as you all claim. Take the time to know this lady and you WILL SEE first hand just how much she has been left to deal with..You can all continue your damninr remarks, but as my cousins so plainly stated..."We Will CONTINUE to stand beside her 110%, and still continue to pray for those families that were also affected in this tragedy. Even from Dothan Alabama the support continues, and we will NOT let you destroy this lady anymore than she has been already.
ned

Palm Coast, FL

#15 Nov 4, 2006
The law says, that if you cause an accident, even if you are trying to avoid one, that you are at fault.

I moved to FL from CO, a state that gives bicycles equal rights on the roadways.(Funny that we don't try to run our pedestrians down there either but i digress.) In CO almost ALL drivers can, and do, pass between a bicycle on one side, and other vehicles on the other. The funny thing about bicycles is that they move so slowly that hitting one almost requires that you not be paying attention.

Motorcycles move faster. I have ridden one for 28 years.(Before you start, I have also ridden bicycles, and driven trucks, cars, busses, and even flown airplanes, all except the bicycle with licenses)With the exception of some sport bikes, which the dead and injured where not riding, motorcycles still move slowly enough to see, and prepare for.

Given the circumstances explained here, the non-drinking, god fearing, terrific parrent, grand parent, friend and all around great person, must just be a very poor driver.

My bible says "thou shalt not kill." She did.

Her family will have to live with it.

Unfortunately, so will her victems, and their families.

You might ask why I am writing. My good friend Sam McCall was killed in Tallahassee a few months ago, while on his motorcycle. The woman who killed him didn't feel a sense of responsible either. She said, " I saw him, I didn't think i would hit him," or something to that effect. In that case, just like in this one, someone died. There is NO justification that anyone of you can offer that makes this OK.
Karen Smith

United States

#16 Dec 14, 2006
Did you or your mom contact the people she hit why was she in a hurry she ruined peoples lives couldn't she at least say she was sorry or help them out a good Christion would
Karen Smith

United States

#17 Dec 14, 2006
For being a good Christion woman she could at least call the ones who are living to say she is sorry or give them a helping hand she ruined alot of lives with her carless driving to big a hurry
Mark Branson

United States

#18 Dec 14, 2006
We have all critized Brenda but know one has said how the motorcyclist were they excellant drivers did they drink were they experenced drivers how fast were they going don't put all the blame on Brenda
Mark Branson

United States

#19 Dec 15, 2006
bikers did you take the motorcycle safty course how come your driver got killed had no helmet
Mark Branson

Plano, TX

#22 Dec 17, 2006
LUCKY HARLEY RIDER wrote:
<quoted text>
Helmets are not required in Florida. Us riders have a choice. Beyond that, in an accident such as this, a helmet will not save life.
yes a helmet saved the other riders so helmets do save lives also a safty course helps

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tallahassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New owners close Tally's Grille after 8 years. (Aug '15) 7 hr Trump supporter 10
News Bill: Florida churches don't have to do same-se... Tue barry 29
Vanilla VISA gift card scam Apr 23 Guest 1
News Weird 14 mins ago 3:08 p.m.Tallahassee man char... Apr 22 Holy Guacamole 2
Tallahassee Facebook Yard Sale (Over 1400 Members) (Mar '12) Apr 11 Delusional 16
help our jewish brothers Apr 7 BUD PRESCOTT 1
Gulf 104 sucks (Jul '11) Mar '16 newsguy31 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tallahassee Mortgages