How they voted on bailout plan

How they voted on bailout plan

There are 6 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 29, 2008, titled How they voted on bailout plan. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The 228-205 roll call Monday of the vote by which the House rejected a $700 billion emergency bailout for the nation's financial system.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

madashell

Edgemont, PA

#1 Sep 29, 2008
Thank God somebody has the courage to stand up and say NO!
All I ask from my lawmakers is leadership. Anybody can take the easy way out when they're spending somebody else's money. This will be hard, but we have been through too much to just hand our money over to lending institutions without oversight, promise of return, or any hope of receiving some sort of benefit.
mike

Dundalk, MD

#2 Sep 29, 2008
madashell wrote:
Thank God somebody has the courage to stand up and say NO!
All I ask from my lawmakers is leadership. Anybody can take the easy way out when they're spending somebody else's money. This will be hard, but we have been through too much to just hand our money over to lending institutions without oversight, promise of return, or any hope of receiving some sort of benefit.
exactly....maybe there is hope...
MMM

Baltimore, MD

#3 Sep 29, 2008
I guess you haven't been watching TV. The defeat of this bill today means you're all going to loose your jobs tomorrow.
Mr Bill

Hebei, China

#4 Sep 29, 2008
Well now, we can watch the World Series and have us a turkey come November. Next Pres is #44 and 4 is an Oriental unlucky number.
shy ted

United States

#6 Oct 3, 2008
Never in my wildest memory would I ever have considered that I would be on the same side as Republicans. I'm far left Liberal and don't see anything positive about this rescue for reaganism.

I'm switching from being a lifelong Democrat to an Independent.
an american

Manchester, NH

#7 Oct 3, 2008
shy ted wrote:
Never in my wildest memory would I ever have considered that I would be on the same side as Republicans. I'm far left Liberal and don't see anything positive about this rescue for reaganism.
I'm switching from being a lifelong Democrat to an Independent.
Smart move becoming an independant. It's really a one party system anyway. They bicker among themselves to give the illusion that we have choice, we don't.

Both of these criminal parties have us almost 10 Trillion dollars in debt.

I will never vote for another person from either party, unless it is Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich.

These two parties are killing OUR country, and are enslaving the American people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Talkeetna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Y Music Thread (Dec '13) May '16 Musikologist 8
Out of stater looking to become an Alaskan (May '15) May '15 kemo1968 1
News Spectators await the start of the 2014 Iditarod... (Feb '15) Feb '15 mush 1
News Animal instincts (Jan '15) Jan '15 Earthquake last nite 1
News 'It's A Wonderful Life' live theatrical and rad... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Earthquake 2day 1
News Round 2: Magnitude 4.9 earthquake strikes near ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Alaska 1
News Alaskan Cat Mayor Nearly Assassinated By Dog (Sep '13) Oct '13 Beverly 2

Talkeetna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Talkeetna Mortgages