Oldmagick

United States

#1 Jun 15, 2007
Maybe someone out there will be able to help. A dear friend of mine lost her brother in law He died in Trapper Creek Alaska. He was a recluse and his brother(My friends husband) kept a checking account in both brothers name in our state. A native Alaskan women took care of him for a while, never even let the family here know he past on. BUt here comes the bad stuff, that women forged documents to gain a quick deed for the dead mans place and also transferred a sizable amount of money to Alaska , from the joint account. My friend has contacted the Alaska Attorney general's office but they all say she needs to hire an attorney THey want a minimum of $ 10 000 retainer money they can not afford both are retired, yet are not eligible for probono. This person that took all of the brothers money and property from a man with onset of alzheimers and was involved in an accident that left him helples by forgery and now my friend is in a health crisis over this. Does anybody have any suggestions. I woul like to help her so much. Thank you all
Tasha

Marlborough, CT

#2 Jul 24, 2007
It's So SAD when someone takes advantage of anyone esp. the Elderly,when they are in need of help,it's very upsetting.
I would think you can have the Person Arrested on Forgery Charges & mabey Theft as well,I Would. And You can take person to Small Claims Court,only thing there is one can only sue for upto 5,000.00.
Do U have an Info Line in UR area,they often have info on resources that can help U or at least point U in the right Dir. & mabey U can find a Lawer who would do A Pro Bono or a reduced fee.
And Call,Call,Write,to anyone that might be able to help you,mabey the Newspaper,News,ect. Elder Abuse is on the rise I think it needs to be in Headlines,please Don't give up.
I Wish You Well....
friend

Williamstown, VT

#3 Jan 25, 2010
is this tasha from millers market?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Talkeetna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Y Music Thread (Dec '13) Dec '17 Musikologist 10
Out of stater looking to become an Alaskan (May '15) May '15 kemo1968 1
News Spectators await the start of the 2014 Iditarod... (Feb '15) Feb '15 mush 1
News Animal instincts (Jan '15) Jan '15 Earthquake last nite 1
News 'It's A Wonderful Life' live theatrical and rad... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Earthquake 2day 1
News Round 2: Magnitude 4.9 earthquake strikes near ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Alaska 1
News Alaskan Cat Mayor Nearly Assassinated By Dog (Sep '13) Oct '13 Beverly 2

Talkeetna Jobs

Personal Finance

Talkeetna Mortgages