Old TB hospital (1959)

Posted in the Talihina Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
robert or bobby then

Yellowknife, Canada

#1 Dec 23, 2008
I was 9 years old,and a patient at the TB hospital in 1959 in Talihina .I am looking for a nurse named Geneva Kennedy, Her husband was a janitor there his name was John. they had two children my age. Geneva also had a sister who worked there. anyone with news as to where any of these people are ,I would like to here form them.I was from NE Oklahoma, 50 years is a long time and I hope I'm not to late,but I just wanted to tell Geneva how often I,ve though of her over the years. robert
Bobby Brown

Danville, IL

#2 Jan 3, 2009
Did not know them at all. But originally from Talihina, very interested in the old Sanitarium and would like to know more about it. Not much on the web concerning it. Side note - I built the electrical panel for the airport in Yellowknife, can send pics of both the hospital and the panel if your interested??

bbrown_contact@yahoo.com
robert or bobby then

Yellowknife, Canada

#3 Jan 3, 2009
Very interesting- appearently the old TB hospital is now a VA hospital I'll have some pictures sent your way robert
Katie

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Jan 6, 2009
The TB center is not the VA, plus we don't have a VA hospital, it is a Veterans Center, where all the vets live (kinda like a nursing home) I use to work at the VA. I think I know who you are talking about, and if I don't I can find out for you. my email address is mr_mrs1135@yahoo.com you can email me and I will email you some info cause I think I know who you are talking about. Good Luck. well I tried to put the phone number on here, but it wont let me, it said topix does not condone the posting of phone numbers, social security numbers, or other personal information into the forums.
robert or bobby then

Yellowknife, Canada

#5 Jan 8, 2009
Katie I have sent you an email as you posted it I will wait to here from you robert
country chick

Clayton, OK

#6 Mar 4, 2009
I work at the VA and have been a CMA for right at 9 years. I have very little good news about it. All I can say about it is that the only way you can get any where out there is SUCK ASS. We are always short staff and it dont help that the DON and Admin. need to get out for behind the desk and actually walk on the floors they would get a different idea about what is going on out there. I love my job and really care about the residents I just wish everybody did. The old TB building is still there and yah its pretty cool.
just a thought

Clayton, OK

#7 Mar 5, 2009
I see what goes on everyday at the VA. Most of the time the CMAs and CNAs have plenty of time to stand and lean against a wall or set at the desk, The DON and Adm. do know what is going on they try to get more workers but it seems like noone in this area wants to work, I guess things will have to be worse before people will respect their jobs and actually do them, Maybe look at yourselves and the way you do your job before saying someone else needs to do theirs. As far as the suck ass I wouldn't know, I guess you would have to have tried it to know it works.
just someone

Talala, OK

#8 Mar 5, 2009
I used to work there. As for wanting to work that is a joke, they prefer the ones who kiss their a** to the ones who actually give a sh*t. I was one who gave a sh*t and I had more write-ups than the person who sat on their a**. I know this because at my evaluations they always said "you care to much".
VA WORKER

Clayton, OK

#9 Mar 6, 2009
YOUR RIGHT IT IS A JOKE!! THE FEW THAT ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THERE JOB THEY TREAT THEM LIKE SHIT IT IS A FACT IF YOU DONT AGREE YOU MUST BE ARE HAVE BEEN ONE A SUCK ASS THERE YOURSELF! WE R SO UNDER STAFFED BECAUSE PEOPLE GET TIRED OF BEING TREATED LIKE SHIT AND GO TO BETTER PLACES TO WORK
Okie Dokie

AOL

#10 Mar 15, 2009
The person who started the post was looking for someone they knew that took good care of them, what is wrong with you people turning this into a mud sling, very unprofessional. Bobby I hope you find the person you are looking for.
robert or bobby then

Yellowknife, Canada

#11 Mar 15, 2009
Okie Dokie wrote:
The person who started the post was looking for someone they knew that took good care of them, what is wrong with you people turning this into a mud sling, very unprofessional. Bobby I hope you find the person you are looking for.
Thank you, I was just carrying on from another post--and I get an idea of some of the problems in that area
Johnny Ray

United States

#12 Mar 17, 2009
I know exactly what you people are talking about. My wife is a RN and worked there briefly. It paid a lot better than the Choctaw Nation, where she works now, but she is much happier at the Choctaw Nation. There are some good nurses and CNAs at the VA but some are worthless and want to play around. The administrator is a joke, a liar who wishes he was a politician. The more ass you kiss out there the more promotions you get. I know these people personally and my wife seen a lot. I guess she don't kiss ass cause she quit and went elsewhere.
amazed

Clayton, OK

#13 Mar 29, 2009
Johnny Ray wrote:
I know exactly what you people are talking about. My wife is a RN and worked there briefly. It paid a lot better than the Choctaw Nation, where she works now, but she is much happier at the Choctaw Nation. There are some good nurses and CNAs at the VA but some are worthless and want to play around. The administrator is a joke, a liar who wishes he was a politician. The more ass you kiss out there the more promotions you get. I know these people personally and my wife seen a lot. I guess she don't kiss ass cause she quit and went elsewhere.
I am amazed your wife worked at the veterans center only briefly and you know so much about the administrator his character and his aspirations in life. my grandfather was a patient there several years and I was visited him frequently at all hours of the day and night and he was consistently well cared for and the staff demonstrated a skillful caring attitude about their job. I was pleased with all aspects of his care and at all levels from administration to the housekeeping dept. before he was at the veterans center he was a private nursing home and I can tell you the veterans center is well run in all departments or it would show up in the quality of care the patients get. I hope the community reading this considers the sources of the information before judging those who work there.
amazed

Clayton, OK

#14 Mar 29, 2009
VA WORKER wrote:
YOUR RIGHT IT IS A JOKE!! THE FEW THAT ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THERE JOB THEY TREAT THEM LIKE SHIT IT IS A FACT IF YOU DONT AGREE YOU MUST BE ARE HAVE BEEN ONE A SUCK ASS THERE YOURSELF! WE R SO UNDER STAFFED BECAUSE PEOPLE GET TIRED OF BEING TREATED LIKE SHIT AND GO TO BETTER PLACES TO WORK
You work there and talk about the place like that? why are you still there? if its so bad quit and go else where, you poor thing. my grand father was a patient there and i was pleased with his care, evidently i didnt meet you, because everyone i encountered had a positive attitude.
just someone

Inola, OK

#15 Mar 30, 2009
Amazed
You saw the good side because u always visited, You should see the ones that are not visited,they got whats left over after they were done with your grandfather. The care that is given depends on the person and their family. I did quit because of the horrible care I saw given and nobody listening to me, you can only do so much before you give up.
VA WORKER

Clayton, OK

#16 Mar 31, 2009
I do agree with you. The place SUCKS and the only reason i am still there is the pay, and i care deeply for the patients. it looks so good when u visited because of the few who work there ass off takeing the slack for the ones who play around sucking ass. and to robert i hope you find her on day.

“Come on, I'm the THRILL.”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#17 Apr 1, 2009
Find a better hospital.

Probelm solved.
amazed

Clayton, OK

#18 Apr 2, 2009
just someone wrote:
Amazed
You saw the good side because u always visited, You should see the ones that are not visited,they got whats left over after they were done with your grandfather. The care that is given depends on the person and their family. I did quit because of the horrible care I saw given and nobody listening to me, you can only do so much before you give up.
i think i saw the overall care, and i visited with other family members who sometimes only visited a few times a year and they too shared my opinion that the place was a good place to have a loved one when the family could no longer care for them. i must not have met you because you seem like a bitter person..and everyone i encountered was caring and positive about their work...is it possible nobody listened to you because you didnt know how to present yourself and maybe all you did was complain? maybe YOU were part of the problem? look inside yourself.
amazed

Clayton, OK

#19 Apr 2, 2009
VA WORKER wrote:
I do agree with you. The place SUCKS and the only reason i am still there is the pay, and i care deeply for the patients. it looks so good when u visited because of the few who work there ass off takeing the slack for the ones who play around sucking ass. and to robert i hope you find her on day.
wow again i am amazed....only a handful of good workers take care of all those veterans by them selves. and you are one of the gifted ones, how fortunate for you. i bet you are a joy to work with with that attitude. its all about you! i am so glad i didnt encounter people like you or i may have been concerned about my grandfather.
S Bayl

Tulsa, OK

#20 Aug 15, 2009
If Robert or Bobby Then is still checking posts, please contact samiam1604@sbcglobal.net
I saw your post on Talihina American, but had no way to reply.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Talihina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lies, infedelity and a stabbing 3 hr idk 3
New Military Surplus Bait and Tackle shop in town 3 hr Jays Brother 1
Halloween (Oct '13) 8 hr curious 13
Lahoma Roebuck 21 hr Lahoma Roebuck 19
the new improved buffalo valley school system (Aug '09) Thu Wants a better BV... 31
talihina cheerleading Thu Gossip lady 14
Lies and destruction of evidence from city hall... Thu serously 12
Talihina Dating
Find my Match

Talihina Jobs

Talihina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Talihina News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Talihina

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]