Man Dead After Shots Fired, Fire Brea...

Man Dead After Shots Fired, Fire Breaks Out In Talihina

There are 45 comments on the News9 Oklahoma City story from May 11, 2018, titled Man Dead After Shots Fired, Fire Breaks Out In Talihina. In it, News9 Oklahoma City reports that:

One man is dead after shots were fired at officers while they attempted to serve a warrant and a fire broke out in Talihina. Due to the man's criminal history, the Le Flore County sheriff's office asked for assistance when serving the warrant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News9 Oklahoma City.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Simple Question

United States

#1 May 20, 2018
Someone please explain how the serving of the warrant had to be done in the manner in which it was carried out.. I know, I know how "this is the way it's done" and "we do it this way all the time"! It is also the way 4 or 5 good cops could have been killed and how the town could have been burned down more than it was.

What's so important he couldn't have been served after returning from being out of the building? Same situation as Waco which could have been handled in such a way as to prevent loss of all those lives and burning it to the ground.

No one wants to take a common sense approach to doing such business. They'd rather do it the cowboy way with all guns blazing and lives lost. Do any of those in authority have any sense, common or otherwise? C'mon, give it a try. Please explain why safer methods (potentially life saving methods) can't be employed in such cases
still me

Fort Smith, AR

#2 May 20, 2018
Simple Question wrote:
Someone please explain how the serving of the warrant had to be done in the manner in which it was carried out.. I know, I know how "this is the way it's done" and "we do it this way all the time"! It is also the way 4 or 5 good cops could have been killed and how the town could have been burned down more than it was.

What's so important he couldn't have been served after returning from being out of the building? Same situation as Waco which could have been handled in such a way as to prevent loss of all those lives and burning it to the ground.

No one wants to take a common sense approach to doing such business. They'd rather do it the cowboy way with all guns blazing and lives lost. Do any of those in authority have any sense, common or otherwise? C'mon, give it a try. Please explain why safer methods (potentially life saving methods) can't be employed in such cases
This forum is increasingly the preferred method of communicating for the "we don't need no stinking facts or logic, inbred and can't get off the rumor mill wheel Deliverance people." Don't waste your time. I know that I am outta here. Next they will tell you, "you shore gotta perty mouth...squeal like a pig." Get out while you can!
Simple Question

United States

#3 May 20, 2018
Like I said, it's a simple question. Oughta be a simple answer. We just don't do it that way is NOT an intelligent answer. Could have very easily been 5 dead. If that's the only way to do it, just continue to do it that way. I thought "Blue Lives Matter"!

Must be a very complicated answer....something "normal" people wouldn't understand. Get a group of men together, someone yell charge and bust in to a store. Works well doesn't it?
Simple Question

United States

#4 May 21, 2018
"The major takeaway from Waco is to avoid making the situation worse by the unnecessary use of force" the study goes on to say ""It's likely that had Koresh been apprehended away from the compound, he could have been arrested (served in this case) and the entire seige (shootout & fire in this case) could have been avoided."

Excerpt from study - simply google"25 years after the event, what are the lessons of the Waco seige".

The truth of the matter is, with a bit of common sense downtown Talihina did not have to burn, there did not have to be a shootout, 1 person did not have to die, and 4 troopers did not have to get shot (and they were lucky they did not get killed).

Think about it folks and especially law enforcement that had to do it cowboy style! It is a simple question, perhaps too simple.
Used to be my home

United States

#5 May 21, 2018
Simple Question wrote:
"The major takeaway from Waco is to avoid making the situation worse by the unnecessary use of force" the study goes on to say ""It's likely that had Koresh been apprehended away from the compound, he could have been arrested (served in this case) and the entire seige (shootout & fire in this case) could have been avoided."

Excerpt from study - simply google"25 years after the event, what are the lessons of the Waco seige".

The truth of the matter is, with a bit of common sense downtown Talihina did not have to burn, there did not have to be a shootout, 1 person did not have to die, and 4 troopers did not have to get shot (and they were lucky they did not get killed).

Think about it folks and especially law enforcement that had to do it cowboy style! It is a simple question, perhaps too simple.
Fact remains - if he was so law abiding this would not have happened- I’m sure the reason it was done that way is Bc he was so dangerous ( as he proved) and if he were to be apprehended in some public place - what would have happened - how do you know he would not have had a concealed weapon and shot who knows how many people? The blame goes on him NOT—
Watchful Owl

San Diego, CA

#6 May 21, 2018
When you have such a small town, you cannot absorb other ways of thinking. If going full cowboy style and assaulting a peacefull man at 6 a.m. is acceptable in Talahina, you can assure that small town will stay that small and more inbred. If the town doesn't grow in size, ever, we must question why are people leaving? Because its crooked there
Simple Question

United States

#7 May 21, 2018
Used to be my home wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact remains - if he was so law abiding this would not have happened- I’m sure the reason it was done that way is Bc he was so dangerous ( as he proved) and if he were to be apprehended in some public place - what would have happened - how do you know he would not have had a concealed weapon and shot who knows how many people? The blame goes on him NOT—
wrong - the blame goes on Oklahoma Law Enforcement, which didn't learn a damn thing from what went on in Waco. Had the Troopers been killed (and thank God they were not), the Okies might have learned something.....might not.

You'd think Bob Ricks might have learned something at Waco and implemented common sense safety precautions in handling situations such as Talihina during his long tenure at the top of Oklahoma law enforcement.

Be careful troopers and other law enforcement officials. They think nothing of you guys and gals getting shot up or blown up or burned up. Let the one hollering charge go in first!!!!!
Think

United States

#8 May 21, 2018
Simple Question wrote:
<quoted text>

wrong - the blame goes on Oklahoma Law Enforcement, which didn't learn a damn thing from what went on in Waco. Had the Troopers been killed (and thank God they were not), the Okies might have learned something.....might not.

You'd think Bob Ricks might have learned something at Waco and implemented common sense safety precautions in handling situations such as Talihina during his long tenure at the top of Oklahoma law enforcement.

Be careful troopers and other law enforcement officials. They think nothing of you guys and gals getting shot up or blown up or burned up. Let the one hollering charge go in first!!!!!
Wrong Again!!! Law enforcement did what they are sworn to uphold!! Our safety, our freedom comes at a cost !! Thank you to the men that protect me and mine !! Back the Blue
Scuba Steve

Broken Bow, OK

#9 May 21, 2018
Think wrote:
<quoted text>

Wrong Again!!! Law enforcement did what they are sworn to uphold!! Our safety, our freedom comes at a cost !! Thank you to the men that protect me and mine !! Back the Blue
Pick up that can
guess

Fort Smith, AR

#10 May 22, 2018
Simple Question wrote:

People love to hate more than they love the truth and more than the effort that it takes to critically analyze the facts.
guess

Fort Smith, AR

#11 May 22, 2018
Scuba Steve wrote:
<quoted text>

Pick up that can
I didn't see much safety coming from that unnecessary, half-baked, poorly executed, based on questionable information terrorist style infringement on our town.
hootie

Fort Smith, AR

#12 May 22, 2018
Watchful Owl wrote:
When you have such a small town, you cannot absorb other ways of thinking. If going full cowboy style and assaulting a peacefull man at 6 a.m. is acceptable in Talahina, you can assure that small town will stay that small and more inbred. If the town doesn't grow in size, ever, we must question why are people leaving? Because its crooked there
Yesssss!
Whitey B

Broken Bow, OK

#13 May 22, 2018
Anyone see how they captured Whitey Bulger? A armed dangerous fugitive. No shots fired. No one hurt. No property damage. They did it with smarts.
Simple Question

United States

#14 May 22, 2018
Whitey B wrote:
Anyone see how they captured Whitey Bulger? A armed dangerous fugitive. No shots fired. No one hurt. No property damage. They did it with smarts.
I doubt if any of these people even know who Whitey Bulger was!

I too Back the Blue - ALL THE WAY! Could have been handled so much, much simpler with NO troopers being shot. No, no - CHARGE and do it the old fashioned way putting blue lives at risk!
Hater of Simple question

United States

#15 May 22, 2018
Simple Question wrote:
<quoted text>

I doubt if any of these people even know who Whitey Bulger was!

I too Back the Blue - ALL THE WAY! Could have been handled so much, much simpler with NO troopers being shot. No, no - CHARGE and do it the old fashioned way putting blue lives at risk!
Then back them fully !!!! Don't tell them how wrong they were ,,,, they were carrying out orders !! Don't condemn the ones who do what they were told ,, condemn the druggies for putting our officers in harm's way!!!
Simple Question

United States

#16 May 22, 2018
Hater of Simple question wrote:
<quoted text>

Then back them fully !!!! Don't tell them how wrong they were ,,,, they were carrying out orders !! Don't condemn the ones who do what they were told ,, condemn the druggies for putting our officers in harm's way!!!
Damn, you're dumb - it's the one's giving the orders I am bitching about. The Okie Law Enforcement Braintrust learned absolutely nothing from WACO and one of the top WACO culprits, Bob Ricks, was head of the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety for years. The Okie Law Enforcement Braintrust is precisely who put the troopers in harm's way. Get a clue, get a life - don't just follow aimlessly! Damn.
Hater of Simple question

United States

#17 May 22, 2018
Simple Question wrote:
<quoted text>

Damn, you're dumb - it's the one's giving the orders I am bitching about. The Okie Law Enforcement Braintrust learned absolutely nothing from WACO and one of the top WACO culprits, Bob Ricks, was head of the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety for years. The Okie Law Enforcement Braintrust is precisely who put the troopers in harm's way. Get a clue, get a life - don't just follow aimlessly! Damn.
Hey dumbass,,,, I said condemn the druggies!!!! I don't give a fu-- about you !

Since: May 18

Dallas, TX

#18 May 22, 2018
Thank god he is dead and all the cops made it! All of you who are upset over him dying need to realize he did it to himself ! Save us a lot of tax dollars this way!
Simple Question

United States

#19 May 23, 2018
Talihinasux wrote:
Thank god he is dead and all the cops made it! All of you who are upset over him dying need to realize he did it to himself ! Save us a lot of tax dollars this way!
I'm not upset over him dying - I'm upset that 4 good guys were shot and could be dead because of stupidity: the kind of stupidity exhibited by you and others of your ilk! Some of you are too ignorant to be on a computer.
Talihinasux

United States

#21 May 23, 2018
Used to be my home wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right!!! Back the blue!!! Blue lives matter not the dopeheads!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Talihina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where's Boatright 16 hr precarious 13
tweakers (Jan '15) 22 hr just wondering 17
Stephen Thomas Akin Mon Lynn 8
Autumn M.W. Mon Jay 4
Talihina Town Hall Sep 22 Resident 9
Red Oak (Aug '16) Sep 20 Old feathers 10
Mayor invokes force from police Sep 19 chickadee 22

Talihina Jobs

Personal Finance

Talihina Mortgages