Tax payer

Talihina, OK

#1 Dec 10, 2012
So this week they finish painting on the new water tower. But I don't remeber voting on what the picture should be. They spend tax payer money but we got no say so in what it should be. Why not paint "Gateway to Talimena Drive" or even somethng else. The people should have a right to decide these think not just the City Board.
OMG

Talihina, OK

#2 Dec 10, 2012
I wonder what would happen if ALL the whiners that get on here and gripe endlessly about anything and everything got together and put their negative energy towards doing something good I bet we would be amazed at the positive things that could get done. Instead, though, you will continue to get on here and run the people down that do try to do good things. What is the old saying? "Change starts with YOU!"
Well I Be

United States

#3 Dec 10, 2012
What a great improvement for the town of Talihina, doesnt matter what color or what is painted on it as long as it is professional.
Good comment OMG!!!
Geez Tax Payer lets be proud of the improvements the town is getting.
Tali mom

United States

#4 Dec 10, 2012
I love the new water tower, and we are tigers I love it represents our town, our children and our community and I'm proud to be in T Town
Rhonda

Coweta, OK

#5 Dec 10, 2012
It was discussed at the city council meeting and those in attendance had the opportunity to voice their opinion. Can you image if we had to get the vote of the people on every decision that was made?? We would never get anything accomplished. Think of this, every election we have cost the city around $1500. Our city budget would get eaten up fast and I bet we wouldn't get but a handful of people to come vote.

FYI- white was the cheapest color to paint the tower and we were able to pay for the dbl. T within the tower painting budget.
Kathy

Muskogee, OK

#6 Dec 14, 2012
I think it is very poorly planned and executed, the words are not even straight and whoever thought up the idea that the background on the words should be black is just ignorant. Since the tower itself is white the background should have obviously been white as well. But that would make to much sense, guess who shouldn't have expected anymore as we see what the town is capable of deciding.
SkyWatcher

Tulsa, OK

#7 Dec 14, 2012
Whats been done is done, but some good points have been made by Kathy and tax payer. Preferably some community input should have occurred. Simply doing a news article in the local newspaper with a number, email or snail-mail listed for suggestions would have been great for involving the community... The smaller the decision group, the larger the backlash.
right

United States

#8 Dec 14, 2012
Good job. The tower looks great. Not everyone will agree on all things. Most likely if asked none would have any idea on how it should have been painted.
Main point is like wow said it is a great improvement for the town and its people.
Rosemary

Checotah, OK

#9 Dec 17, 2012
I like the tower. It reminds me of a Google Pin!
Good job

United States

#10 Dec 17, 2012
The new tower looks great you can see it from any direction you enter town from.Great choice on the paint scheme.
really

Talihina, OK

#11 Dec 18, 2012
I'd like to know where you are standing at in this town becuase from my point of view you either have to be right by the tower or on the outskirts of town to see it.
Good job

United States

#12 Dec 18, 2012
really wrote:
I'd like to know where you are standing at in this town becuase from my point of view you either have to be right by the tower or on the outskirts of town to see it.
Key word in this is " enter"
Fair

United States

#14 Jan 31, 2013
The tower looks great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Talihina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any house rentals? 2 hr Lissanshawn 1
Talihina Clayton and Antlers Funeral Home 20 hr now what 3
Are there hate groups living in Smithville? Sat Free one 1
"Big John" Fri Wondering 2
City Council at it again. Illegal activity Sep 20 nobody 7
Who do you think should run for City Council & ... Sep 19 Trump Voter 3
Tushka murderer (Dec '11) Sep 16 Unknown 55

Talihina Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance