Joel Osteen Says Mormons Are Christians
preacher

United States

#41 Aug 20, 2012
its not about joel olsteen or morman or jew or greek or any other person other than Jesus Christ and he died and arose on the third day to save all that belive in him .

Since: Feb 09

Charlotte, NC

#42 Aug 20, 2012
hii wrote:
<quoted text> just because u disagree with faith believers it isnt funny or nice to constantly try to disapprove and/or make fun of them. spread love not hate!! no matter what ur faith is in!!
Please stop trying so hard to be martyrs. All i did was show my admiration for Gromit's post. I in no way tried to "make fun" . If i had been making fun it would have gone something like this. " why do the ladies love Jesus?"...."because dude was hung like this!" . Now then, do you see the difference?

“lets get autonomous!”

Since: Jul 08

nottingham

#43 Aug 20, 2012
thanks for pointing out yet another inconsistancy in the bible. matthew 6:5,6.

you really are helping me make my point.
Love God

Jefferson City, TN

#44 Aug 20, 2012
Gromit wrote:
thanks for pointing out yet another inconsistancy in the bible. matthew 6:5,6.
you really are helping me make my point.
What are those verses inconsistent with? Jesus was condemning lofty people who pray to be seen and have no humility.
Preacher Paul

Morristown, TN

#45 Aug 20, 2012
Truth Spreader wrote:
<quoted text> Ask them is Jesus is God.
you six
wellnow

Morristown, TN

#46 Aug 20, 2012
Truth Spreader wrote:
How can Joel Osteen say Mormons are Christians if they don't believe Jesus Christ is God?
Christianity was founded ~ 30 CE. Hinduism was founded ~ 1500 BCE. Chinese Folk Religion ~ 270 BCE. Buddhism ~ 523 BCE. Confucianism ~ 520 BCE. Jainism ~ 570 BCE. Zoroastrianism 600 to 6000 BCE. Taoism ~ 550 BCE. Wicca ~ 800 BCE. Relatively speaking, Christianity is the new kid on the block. Given that fact, I think you should ask yourself if you have chosen the correct religion and if you believe in the correct god?

“lets get autonomous!”

nottingham

#47 Aug 20, 2012
Love God wrote:
<quoted text>
What are those verses inconsistent with? Jesus was condemning lofty people who pray to be seen and have no humility.
how about quote chapter and verse there as well instead of paraphrasing to suit?

it not only is inconsistant with the verse you gave, but is also quite inconistant with the behavior being displayed here in this thread by these good, good christians..

“lets get autonomous!”

nottingham

#48 Aug 20, 2012
wellnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity was founded ~ 30 CE. Hinduism was founded ~ 1500 BCE. Chinese Folk Religion ~ 270 BCE. Buddhism ~ 523 BCE. Confucianism ~ 520 BCE. Jainism ~ 570 BCE. Zoroastrianism 600 to 6000 BCE. Taoism ~ 550 BCE. Wicca ~ 800 BCE. Relatively speaking, Christianity is the new kid on the block. Given that fact, I think you should ask yourself if you have chosen the correct religion and if you believe in the correct god?
im sorry, but this is a "discussion" of religion on the morristown topix forum, logic and reason, as well as fact, do not apply here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAA
lame

United States

#49 Aug 21, 2012
justsomedude wrote:
<quoted text> Please stop trying so hard to be martyrs. All i did was show my admiration for Gromit's post. I in no way tried to "make fun" . If i had been making fun it would have gone something like this. " why do the ladies love Jesus?"...."because dude was hung like this!" . Now then, do you see the difference?
your not even close to being funny. but maybe in your screwed up head you are and thats what matters. im not for any faith more than the other but ive read many of your posts on topix and you try Way... to hard to stand out be funny and be liked it comes off as , well pathetic

Since: Feb 09

Rathdrum, ID

#50 Aug 21, 2012
lame wrote:
<quoted text> your not even close to being funny. but maybe in your screwed up head you are and thats what matters. im not for any faith more than the other but ive read many of your posts on topix and you try Way... to hard to stand out be funny and be liked it comes off as , well pathetic
I think you'd better read another psychology book Dr Phil. If you think I expect to be liked by arguing with the church crowd then you are clearly in the wrong line of work. What do I care if the posters on here like me or not? Loved or hated I am what I am.

“lets get autonomous!”

nottingham

#51 Aug 21, 2012
justsomedude wrote:
<quoted text> Please stop trying so hard to be martyrs. All i did was show my admiration for Gromit's post. I in no way tried to "make fun" . If i had been making fun it would have gone something like this. " why do the ladies love Jesus?"...."because dude was hung like this!" . Now then, do you see the difference?
as you may have noticed, im quite unpopular with the religious crowd here on topix, so when you spoke your admiration for my post, what you effectively did, in the minds of those people who believe differently from myself, is to choose sides of a "debate" as they seem to view it as a matter of you are either with them or against them.

you are different, therefore you must be evil and of the debil.

“lets get autonomous!”

nottingham

#52 Aug 21, 2012
justsomedude wrote:
<quoted text> Loved or hated I am what I am.
well said.

“lets get autonomous!”

nottingham

#53 Aug 21, 2012
preacher wrote:
its not about joel olsteen or morman or jew or greek or any other person other than Jesus Christ and he died and arose on the third day to save all that belive in him .
yup, horace did do that., but you spelled his name wrong.
Love God

Jefferson City, TN

#54 Aug 21, 2012
Gromit wrote:
<quoted text>
well said.
If this was any other kind of topic, you two would seriously be funny..There is a quote from someone, I know not who, who could apply to the two of you and that is "Ignorance is blessed". I pity you, you just don't get it!
Love God

Jefferson City, TN

#55 Aug 21, 2012
Gromit wrote:
<quoted text>
yup, horace did do that., but you spelled his name wrong.
I cannot help but wonder, what has made you so bitter?

“lets get autonomous!”

nottingham

#56 Aug 21, 2012
Love God wrote:
<quoted text>
If this was any other kind of topic, you two would seriously be funny..There is a quote from someone, I know not who, who could apply to the two of you and that is "Ignorance is blessed". I pity you, you just don't get it!
its kinda funny you should say that, as its how i view those who suffer the yoke of religion. enslaved minds with no clue of their captivity.

“lets get autonomous!”

nottingham

#57 Aug 21, 2012
Love God wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot help but wonder, what has made you so bitter?
you are confused. that isnt bitter, thats a statement of historical fact.

and how, exactly, does my mention of the egyptian mythology, which predates christian mythology (althoug its the same story, funny that, dont you think), in any way translate to bitter?

is it that i pointed out the origins of the christian jesus myth?

or that i dared to point out the origins of the christian jesus myth?

“What divides people is wrong ”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#58 Aug 22, 2012
Love God wrote:
<quoted text>
In all of the verses, He is referrring to God, the Father, who is the first part of the Trinity. God the Father is the first part of the Trinity, and Jesus, the Son, is pointing the way to the Father, you have to read all of it, not just pick out some verses to try and confuse someone. Read further in John l0:30," I and my Father are one". You are someone who has read the Bible, obviously, but you are missing the one greatest point and that is: John 3:3," Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God". Once you are born again, the Holy Spirit, which is the third part of the Trinity, comes into your heart, and then you have the Holy Spirit, which is supernatural, to lead you, and guide you into all truth. You will see everything in a new light, and the truth will be revealed unto you. It is worth finding, you will never know until you find it.
The trinity was declared hundreds of years after the death of Jesus in 325, the First Council of Nicaea established the doctrine of the Trinity.

The trinity was literally decided by a committee of men.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

“What divides people is wrong ”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#59 Aug 22, 2012
Truth Spreader wrote:
How can Joel Osteen say Mormons are Christians if they don't believe Jesus Christ is God?
How about we just let the Mormons believe as they see fit? Their relationship with their conscience and their faith is their choice isn't it? I'm sure they have all the material they need to make their own decisions and as long as they aren't harming anyone I think we should let them be.
funny

United States

#60 Aug 22, 2012
justsomedude wrote:
<quoted text> I think you'd better read another psychology book Dr Phil. If you think I expect to be liked by arguing with the church crowd then you are clearly in the wrong line of work. What do I care if the posters on here like me or not? Loved or hated I am what I am.
you're definately not liked!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Talbott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women Should Not Speak At Church (Jan '11) 3 min Smh 704
any dirt on any employee at shell station on so... 8 min Bill 2
Asian Express 34 min Asian Mafia 7
Billy F 45 min lol 5
William massa lawyer 1 hr BIg Baller 3
What does everyone think about lac 2 hr Happyexemployee 5
Natures creek detailing 2 hr Charlie 2

Talbott Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance