Diesel Fuel Plant
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
big a

Morristown, TN

#1 Mar 17, 2012
When ? and Where?
new development

Knoxville, TN

#2 Mar 19, 2012
Construction is already underway. It's in the industrial park between Morristown and White Pine just to the right of the interstate near the landfill. Trent Excavating has done all the site prep. Norfolk Southern is putting in a new railway spur. It's part of the reason why the Exit 8 interchange is being redone.
readyfortennesse e

United States

#3 Mar 21, 2012
do you know who's hiring for actual work on the building?
green

Morristown, TN

#4 May 3, 2012
new development wrote:
Construction is already underway. It's in the industrial park between Morristown and White Pine just to the right of the interstate near the landfill. Trent Excavating has done all the site prep. Norfolk Southern is putting in a new railway spur. It's part of the reason why the Exit 8 interchange is being redone.
drove out that way,no railway spur ?
lol

Sevierville, TN

#5 May 3, 2012
The city could have built a 100 acre solar farm out there. Not only would it have been able to power the entire school system. Left over clean electric generation could have been sold to help offset the increase in taxes. Think of all the empty roof tops out there on city and county buildings just waiting to produce clean electricity. Oops,, I forgot . That wouldn't make all the electric companies money. TVA would be a little ticked off to lose the entire city and county tax money sent to pay electric bills. Oh and just think of the poor coal miners who depend on us to burn all the coal we can to power our light bulbs. This entrie country is being fed a load of manure to keep money flowing to those who make carbon based fuels to pollute our environment.
duh

United States

#6 May 3, 2012
Where can i get some of these "free" solar panels and necessary hardware?
lol wrote:
The city could have built a 100 acre solar farm out there. Not only would it have been able to power the entire school system. Left over clean electric generation could have been sold to help offset the increase in taxes. Think of all the empty roof tops out there on city and county buildings just waiting to produce clean electricity. Oops,, I forgot . That wouldn't make all the electric companies money. TVA would be a little ticked off to lose the entire city and county tax money sent to pay electric bills. Oh and just think of the poor coal miners who depend on us to burn all the coal we can to power our light bulbs. This entrie country is being fed a load of manure to keep money flowing to those who make carbon based fuels to pollute our environment.
lol

Sevierville, TN

#7 May 3, 2012
What cost the taxpayers more, giving away 116 acres of land to a for profit company, putting in the sewer water and transformers and the envirnmental clean up over the next twenty years. Or Putting thier tax dollars to work lowering thier personal property tax and also providing clean electric for the next generation?
Oh and just google ' Green energy grants " Our gov is giving away billions for solar and wind generation . If thats not easy enough, Morristown has its own little shining star in' Terra Shares', look them up. They provide all materials, and pay for everything in exchange for a cut of the electric revenue generation. The world has change alot in three years. Dry cell battery storage for night time use and peak hour surges. There is also new L.E.D. light technology that uses less than a 1/10th the power we now use to light schools. Plus the bulbs don't burn out on L.E.D.. The future is coming , the city better wake up and join before they are left behind.
George

United States

#8 May 4, 2012
All these ideas are good BUT how much more tax money do we need to throw at the problem? Before you answer I have 4 panels on my roof and 4 batteries (all paid for by me). My pay back period, NEVER. but I wanted the system.
George

United States

#9 May 4, 2012
BTW: that dry cell battery thing for AC power would be worth more money than you could count.

Since: Apr 12

Morristown, TN

#10 May 4, 2012
wow did this go waaaaaay off topic
green

Morristown, TN

#11 May 4, 2012
lol wrote:
The city could have built a 100 acre solar farm out there. Not only would it have been able to power the entire school system. Left over clean electric generation could have been sold to help offset the increase in taxes. Think of all the empty roof tops out there on city and county buildings just waiting to produce clean electricity. Oops,, I forgot . That wouldn't make all the electric companies money. TVA would be a little ticked off to lose the entire city and county tax money sent to pay electric bills. Oh and just think of the poor coal miners who depend on us to burn all the coal we can to power our light bulbs. This entrie country is being fed a load of manure to keep money flowing to those who make carbon based fuels to pollute our environment.
what the hell ! we are talking about diesel plant not solar farm !
Taxer

Morristown, TN

#12 May 4, 2012
lol wrote:
Our gov is giving away billions for solar and wind...
That pretty much sums it up. These programs cost more than they produce in energy. They are not profitable. That is why no one will invest in them on their own.

“What divides people is wrong ”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#13 May 5, 2012
Taxer wrote:
<quoted text>
That pretty much sums it up. These programs cost more than they produce in energy. They are not profitable. That is why no one will invest in them on their own.
I own a small system and I think its great.With battery storage a small inverter and cfl bulbs it is capable of powering all the lighting in the home at night. The costs are coming down but the initial investment on a large system is still prohibitive.

Some panels now come with attached mini inverters making it possible to buy them a few at a time and sort of grow your system. These can be grid tied and allow you to bank energy in the grid during peak production time that you can draw back later offsetting your electric bill. If you grow your system large enough any surplus that you banked in the grid at the end of the year will get you a check from the electric company. Google "net metering" for details.I know appalachian electric was coupled to at least two of the systems.
LMAO

Sevierville, TN

#14 May 5, 2012
Mark Rice wrote:
<quoted text>
I own a small system and I think its great.With battery storage a small inverter and cfl bulbs it is capable of powering all the lighting in the home at night. The costs are coming down but the initial investment on a large system is still prohibitive.
Some panels now come with attached mini inverters making it possible to buy them a few at a time and sort of grow your system. These can be grid tied and allow you to bank energy in the grid during peak production time that you can draw back later offsetting your electric bill. If you grow your system large enough any surplus that you banked in the grid at the end of the year will get you a check from the electric company. Google "net metering" for details.I know appalachian electric was coupled to at least two of the systems.
Hi Mark. I think most folks still think of solar in terms of large solar panels and bulky converters and such.In the last three years alone there have been huge break thru's in solar tech. The big obstacle to making solar profitable to the average person is utility taxes. looks like about $45 of my $92 electric bill is utility taxes . They use to charge a fee to connect solar metering devices to the grid from a private home also. Even if your totally off the grid, if you still live in the home or on the property. Your still billed the base utility tax monthly. A few have tried to fight that here. They were dragged thru court with the fear of home condemnation via the courts and thru failed inspections. An inspecter can find any reason to fail your electrical system. Inspectors don't work for you. They also pay very little to purchase your excess power. Right off the top they take all kinds of fee's and services.
As far as Freedom Energy goes? Nobody knows. There is no information what so ever anywhere on them . I don't know for sure if its a scam, but it does have a fishy smell to it. They don't seem in any hurry to create local jobs for anyone. They didn't shop local for construction. It doesn't seem like anythings going on much out there.
Arty

Jefferson City, TN

#15 May 5, 2012
This is funniest post going.I have told you months back it is just a scam,scam,get it.There will be NO NO NO NO plant.LOL If it were true with the time frame that was given it would be finished.I hope the Purkey lady that was harrased for the property puts a curse on the whole thing.

“What divides people is wrong ”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#16 May 5, 2012
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Mark. I think most folks still think of solar in terms of large solar panels and bulky converters and such.In the last three years alone there have been huge break thru's in solar tech. The big obstacle to making solar profitable to the average person is utility taxes. looks like about $45 of my $92 electric bill is utility taxes . They use to charge a fee to connect solar metering devices to the grid from a private home also. Even if your totally off the grid, if you still live in the home or on the property. Your still billed the base utility tax monthly. A few have tried to fight that here. They were dragged thru court with the fear of home condemnation via the courts and thru failed inspections. An inspecter can find any reason to fail your electrical system. Inspectors don't work for you. They also pay very little to purchase your excess power. Right off the top they take all kinds of fee's and services.
As far as Freedom Energy goes? Nobody knows. There is no information what so ever anywhere on them . I don't know for sure if its a scam, but it does have a fishy smell to it. They don't seem in any hurry to create local jobs for anyone. They didn't shop local for construction. It doesn't seem like anythings going on much out there.
you know I've heard rumors that even a small system with an inverter and a transformer that bumps the output voltage a little higher than the line voltage of a home can force power into home wiring and if input is higher than use from the grid at the moment an analog meter will reverse direction. It would be a sort of even exchange.
green

Morristown, TN

#17 May 5, 2012
Mark Rice wrote:
<quoted text>
you know I've heard rumors that even a small system with an inverter and a transformer that bumps the output voltage a little higher than the line voltage of a home can force power into home wiring and if input is higher than use from the grid at the moment an analog meter will reverse direction. It would be a sort of even exchange.
dont care about solar farm ! this sight is about diesel !
Arty

Jefferson City, TN

#18 May 7, 2012
Diesel what diesel ?????
green

Morristown, TN

#19 May 10, 2012
Arty wrote:
Diesel what diesel ?????
drove out by there today.water lines going in.railroad spur in progress. looks good.
Arty

Jefferson City, TN

#20 May 11, 2012
Will check the dirt pile out today and give report.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Talbott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thank You Koch 12 min Rocky Top 13
Gary Cheney your thoughts 15 min Rocky Top 13
Murder on hater Drive 17 min Rocky Top 7
Krissy Mills 45 min Neil and bob 2
Graduation Favorites - It's Who You Know 57 min Tyrone Bluegums 18
Man needs spanking. 1 hr looking 1
latest gals on mobile patrol 1 hr looking 1

Talbott Jobs

Personal Finance

Talbott Mortgages