Truckee River 4th of July Alcohol Ban...

Truckee River 4th of July Alcohol Ban Approved

There are 11 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Apr 17, 2008, titled Truckee River 4th of July Alcohol Ban Approved. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

Placer County supervisors have approved an ordinance banning alcohol along a stretch of the Truckee River popular with rafters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

Julie R

Sacramento, CA

#1 Apr 18, 2008
WHy was it not already banned?
WTF

Auburn, CA

#2 Apr 18, 2008
thats a bunch of bull!
Peter

Marina, CA

#3 Jun 13, 2008
Yeah, I won't drink!
Peter

Marina, CA

#4 Jun 13, 2008
Julie R - Loosen up!
Felicity

Rocklin, CA

#6 Jun 29, 2008
Peter, you sit in the 9-1-1 dispatch center on the july 4th weekend in Lake Tahoe and take call after call regarding the drunks on the river and all of the fights that ensue. Not to mention the two fatalaties that occured last 4th of July when two twenty somethings got drunk and thought it would be fun to rope swing into the truckee which resulted in massive head injuries. There is a reason for the ban!
Danny

Reno, NV

#7 Jun 29, 2008
Then remove the rope swing that goes into 1 foot of water
johnny b

Greenville, SC

#8 Jul 1, 2008
that is bull. a couple of douche bags make stupid decisions and everyone else has to pay for it? i think it should be monitored closer by the sherriffs cause when it really comes down to it they are the one to blame. All this that happened last year could have been prevented by closer supervision. Alcohol isnt the problem!! Its the dumb ass that drinks too much. Just like guns dont kill people people kill people, same concept.
johnny b

Greenville, SC

#9 Jul 1, 2008
and i'm not from greenville. im from truckee...
likestohavefun

Redwood City, CA

#10 Jun 23, 2009
Ok so I was ther ein 2007 and it was a little boy like a 5 year old that drowned because of his parents neglect...that's my thoughts, although I don't know. That rope swing my friend went off and was fine, it did make me nervous though. But I have to agree, it is the stupid frat boys that die in colleges across this country from not knowing their limits, and having small penis' that make them want to show off...the rest of us, the other 95% of us, just want to have some fun in the sun with a little buzz...we will drink at home first, and then at the bar..and try to conceal on the river, but we won't get stupid...and that is probably like most of the people....
Sean

Brockton, MA

#11 Jul 2, 2009
It's true - people involved in traffic accidents involving alcohol goes up on the 4th... this is probably a good policy

http://www.economixt.com/2009/07/alcohol-and-...
B ride

Campbell, CA

#12 Jul 22, 2009
I pulled bo out of the river on july 4th 2007 after he fell from the rope swing to a foot of water the whole reason i ended up on this site is because 2 years later i would like some closer on that day i have never confirmed if he lived or died. all i can say is it sucks for those of use that can drink and have fun and be safe without someone telling us not to over do it (responsible drinkers) that we can not drink on the river but i guese if you saw what i saw wich a few of you did i know because i was not the only one ther that afternoon you might agree that although maybe not fair it is probably for the best that there is no alchohal on the river. because some people just cant drink responsible and remain safe while doing so yeah it ruins about 15 thousand other peoples independence day but really you cant put a price on life. sucks cause i love life in tahoe and look forward to a big bash on the river every fourth but that just cant happen any more due to neglegant people but i guese i can live with it. one reason being that i never want to float around a bend in the river on a buetiful afternoon so find two guys about to hit the rope swing number one goes no prob , number 2 goes and he slides 30 feet straight down to the rocks and now my day is ruined i am in the water pulling a dead man to the shore and trying to revive him. fuck that if you cant handle yourself you shouldnt leave your home but the sad truth is people who cant handle themselves leave there home all the time and sometimes they are right next to you just waiting to do something stupid to ruin everybody elses good time. please no disrespect to the man bo who i believe lost his life that day just think people need to think before they act evan when you have been drinking. when your life has left you its hard to get it back Thanks -Brian Elliff

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tahoe City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The most accurate climate change models are the... Dec 10 Jack Offandon 4
Stanford Cardinal football lost to San Diego St... Nov 26 Local 2
News Stanford professor files libel suit against sci... Nov '17 Gay Alto 3
News North Lake Tahoe recreation update (Sep '08) May '17 ORIN_G 6
Stanford Provost John W. Etchemendy dismantles ... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Toweringeggman 1
News South Lake Tahoe Cannabis Cup Festival Permit D... (Apr '14) May '14 AmsterdamTrips_com 2
Asphalt Sealcoating Residential Driveway (Apr '11) Dec '13 Sarah Karen 2

Tahoe City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tahoe City Mortgages