Crews Battle Tahoe City Fire

Crews Battle Tahoe City Fire

There are 6 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Aug 18, 2007, titled Crews Battle Tahoe City Fire. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

Authorities report at least one structure burned and evacuations were ordered as fire crews battled a wildfire near Tahoe City Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

Realtor Laurie

Jackson, CA

#2 Aug 18, 2007
Fire appearently started at Sequioa and Washoe Way as a house fire spreading to neighboring properties.
The wind is blowing the fire toward the lake at Sunnyside restaraunt and north in the direction of town.
Let us all pray for a quick containment.
flax

United States

#4 Aug 18, 2007
We're in the north eastern foothills and it's been quite breezy here all day. I sincerely hope this fire is contained very quickly. My thoughts to everyone in Tahoe City!
melissa

North Highlands, CA

#5 Aug 18, 2007
When I first heard about this fire, i was concerned because i have a cabin,just one street away from Washoe Way. I started to call my Mom, Dad, and my friends who lived there. I hope that nobody was seriously injured, and that all the peoples homes that were destroyed will have somwhere to stay until they get a new home. I give my prayers to god that the people have a nice home to go to for a while.

Amen
Mick

Carmichael, CA

#6 Aug 18, 2007
This just makes me sick. My old family home was at corner of Sequoia Avenue and Woodland Way. I sure hope it and all the others aren't threatened. The problem as always in Tahoe is defensible space. You can clear your land until it's pristine, but if your neighbors don't, it can make your efforts useless.
college student

Auburn, CA

#7 Aug 18, 2007
I heard that it was started by a family BBQ cookout thing at a house >.> I wonder if they're feeling bad...
Sierra Nystrom

Sacramento, CA

#9 Aug 19, 2007
People who live in the foothills, Sierras & the the rural outskirts of Sacramento should know that a defensible space in your property is your best bet. Having said that as a paramedic for Sac metro fire (5 years) Ive seen, respond to numerous house fire and land fires that claims homes in the process. Yes it is tragic but we must remember it is absolutely avoidable. We urge people to do just that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tahoe City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Lake Tahoe recreation update (Sep '08) Nov '16 Sierra_Girl 5
News engineers set record for capturing and storing ... Nov '16 KO Kannacaca 2
News The sharing economy has a serious racism proble... Nov '16 Speed Racer 1
Re-Elect Judge Aaron Persky! (Jun '16) Sep '16 Big Lumber 8
News Incentives key to China's effort to upgrade hig... Aug '16 PAK RISWANDI 1
News Complex view of Islam found in poetry of Iran, ... (Jul '16) Jul '16 The Proclaimer 1
News Palo Alto: Zero net energy house being assemble... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Solarman 1

Tahoe City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tahoe City Mortgages