Gas prices keep going down

Gas prices keep going down

There are 7 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Nov 12, 2008, titled Gas prices keep going down. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Gas prices in Vallejo on Tuesday were down nearly a dollar per gallon from a month ago, according to the latest AAA Fuel Gauge Report.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

afterwit

United States

#1 Nov 12, 2008
Good news for consumes, bad news for the politicos in Sacramento who are bemoaning the loss of revenue from gasolline sales tax! You want motorists to use their vehicles sparingly, you pay the price. Sacramento, you live by the sword, you die by the sword. I'm really surprised that Barbara Boxer, D-Ca., hasn't held another hearing on this matter. It won't be long until the service stations begin their price wards and starting giving away prizes, glasses, and trading stamps.
WOW

Auburn, CA

#2 Nov 12, 2008
We need to get rid of those gas hogs, and ride horses.
Vallejo mom

San Jose, CA

#3 Nov 12, 2008
For what ever reason...I'm so VERY relieved.
Thank goodness.
Vallejo mom

San Jose, CA

#4 Nov 12, 2008
But, one good thing, was it forced auto makers to rethink their HUGE, gas-hogging, over-sized,over-priced, luxury SUVs and trucks. Sorry folks, we can't keep going on like this. Times are changing whether we want them to or not.
I hope this doesn't give people a false sense that they can or should go back to old bad habits of waste.
Gee3

Washington, DC

#5 Nov 12, 2008
So when are airfare prices going to go down too? They are quick to bump them up, but I haven't seen all the extra charges go down... On another note... even with gas prices down I still see gas companies making billions of dollars. But I bet we'll still hear them maoning about what little profits they made this last quarter! Whoa is me...
gasdrinker

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2008
Good new for me. My hummer have been park inside my garage. It's time to go Las Vegas man!!!
buckeye

Painesville, OH

#7 Nov 15, 2008
So you're trying to tell me that people are driving less than half as much as they were just 3 months ago, and that is why gas prices have dropped? Give me a break - let the manipulation of the market continue. We shouldn't be looking to alternate fuels and hybrid options only because of diminishing fossil fuels, but rather to also free ourselves from the big corporations and governments constant manipulation of the markets that we buy into.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tahoe City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stanford under pressure to reform sexual-assaul... Apr '15 Speakblogger 2
News Apr '15 Sam 1
News What you have to say about the Rolling Stones i... Mar '15 Dave 1
News Guest opinion: Keep calm and parent on Mar '15 humanspirit 2
News Charter school gains outpace district in study Mar '15 DEVIL on campus 3
News Downtown North Mar '15 ralph 1
News 134 mph wind gust over Sierra, power outages at... Feb '15 Pete 2
More from around the web

Tahoe City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE