BREAKING NEWS: Two Dead In Oklahoma H...

BREAKING NEWS: Two Dead In Oklahoma Helicopter Crash

There are 258 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Oct 16, 2009, titled BREAKING NEWS: Two Dead In Oklahoma Helicopter Crash. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

Authorities are investigating a fatal helicopter crash near the Tahlequah airport Friday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Common Sense

Tucson, AZ

#1 Oct 16, 2009
Such a travesty I seen this guy fly before, he treated it like it was blinking your eyes or breathing, a real zeal for flying and an Ace at how to treat it as a natural action.
Common Sense

Tucson, AZ

#2 Oct 16, 2009
I thought kotv announced the names

they were Mark Mahaney, 26 - son of locally famous Dr. James Mahaney of Tahlequah

and

Darci Scraper - apparently she was reported missing yesterday at the Tahlequah Police Department according to tahlequahdailypress.com
unaswered questions

Collinsville, OK

#3 Oct 16, 2009
So tragic. My heart goes out to all who knew them.
Interesting

Tucson, AZ

#5 Oct 16, 2009
It appears that Darci Scraper - 20, had a missing person report filed on her.

What's more interesting is if you look at the pictures from KOTV and do a FAA search on the numbers 3234G, you will find that helicopter was registered to a Trevor Noble...Trevor Noble was killed in a helicopter crash in Tennessee in 2007.

Sounds like a deeper story in this to me...Considering that the Police Chief of Tahlequah is also a Mahaney.
Sky king

Tahlequah, OK

#6 Oct 16, 2009
I have seen this helicopter flying around Tahlequah over the past year or so, and many times was flying low and fast - Low & Fast is not the safest way to operate a helicopter. When this helicopter buzzed the high school football game a few weeks ago - I heard many in the crowd who knew the pilot say its just a matter of time until he crashed... sadly they were correct..
Interesting

Tucson, AZ

#7 Oct 16, 2009
Ok KOTV, it is owned by a person in Delaware, Trevor Noble who was killed in Tennessee in 2007.

What was this helicopter doing being flown for 3 years in Tahlequah with the registration under a deceased individual?

Isn't this federal fraud and could be considered stolen property by the deceased owners family (Noble) for the past 3 years?

Something like this in such a terrible way to go into the holidays will ruin this family of Mark Mahaney.
HMMM

Tulsa, OK

#8 Oct 16, 2009
I think there is more to this story.
FlyingAround

Tucson, AZ

#9 Oct 16, 2009
I confirm with Sky king, same thing happened at the balloonfest in Tahlequah in August. Every single person said the same thing, "He is going to kill himself in that thing" even the local pilots were saying that.

Sad when all it took was a little listening from everyone around you and it could have been prevented.

“Flying-safer than driving...”

Since: Apr 08

KTUL/KRVS

#10 Oct 16, 2009
Interesting, there are tons of aircraft that are registered in Delaware for tax reasons that belong to people that don't live there.

As far as being registered to Trever Noble, it was listed as a co-ownership, which could mean that the other owner never changed the registration because, technically, the estate of Trever Noble could still retain partial ownership.
Yes

Tahlequah, OK

#11 Oct 16, 2009
I am from Tahlequah and you are correct. This guy buzzed neighborhoods and landed in yards. He was complained on to FAA and they took no action.
FlyingAround

Tucson, AZ

#12 Oct 16, 2009
Iflyfast -

Still sounds like a lot more to the story than what we know now.
Austin Hamby

Miami, OK

#13 Oct 16, 2009
This is an awful event, Mark will be missed dearly by everyone. He was a great friend I have known Mark longer than I have known anyone. Mark and I grew up with each other in Tahlequah and did everything together including flying with his father who is a veteran fixed wing and helicopter pilot. Dr. Mahaney actually was the one who inspired Mark and I to become pilots. He will always be remembered as will Trevor Noble.
Austin Hamby
Libby

Owasso, OK

#14 Oct 16, 2009
I'm so sorry to hear about Mark. James, my heart goes out to you.

“Flying-safer than driving...”

Since: Apr 08

KTUL/KRVS

#15 Oct 16, 2009
FlyingAround wrote:
Iflyfast -
Still sounds like a lot more to the story than what we know now.
I'm saying either way.....yet. Just helping "Interesting" out a little.
Ashley

Collinsville, OK

#16 Oct 16, 2009
There was a missing persons report filed because the girl never came home and her parents were unable to get in touch with her--because unbeknownst to them at the time she had been in a helicopter crash and perished. Trevor Noble was a close friend of the family and actually one of the reasons Mark chose to become a pilot to begin with. No story there. Even if there were more to it, two human beings are deceased. May they rest in peace. Their families and friends are mourning. We all need to remember and respect that. My heart and prayers go out to James, Cole, and the rest of the family.
Interesting

Tucson, AZ

#17 Oct 16, 2009
Per Tulsa World,..."Court records show that Mahaney has had numerous runs-ins with the law over the years. He pleaded no contest to drug and drunken-driving charges in 2006 and received a two-year deferred sentence."

As well as -

"Most recently he was charged with driving with a suspended license on Sept. 8 and again on Sept. 24. "

He wouldn't be a legal licensed pilot then would he? Wouldn't that also reprimand his pilots license as well?
Interesting

Tucson, AZ

#18 Oct 16, 2009
and again I found this on Tulsa World

"Charges were pending against Mahaney for public intoxication and DUI, records show."

I grieve for the family for what they are about to go through with the deceased and this sad turn of events creating a perfect storm of unfortunate circumstances.
Tahlequah Native

Collinsville, OK

#19 Oct 16, 2009
He just received his license a couple of months ago. He had been working on it in OK and TN for the last couple of years. I'm sure all of us who knew Mark have a very good idea of who 'Interesting' is and why they are so interested in this story. It is a sick obession they have had for years. Never would leave the past where it belongs. A life consumed by a vendetta would not be one worth living to me. You haunted Mark until the day he died. At least have the decency to allow him to rest in peace. It is his family who suffers now.
Austin Hamby

Miami, OK

#20 Oct 16, 2009
Actually he did have his licensce for the record he was by best friend
Austin Hamby

Miami, OK

#21 Oct 16, 2009
Thank you Ashley for that comment thank u for settin everyone straight

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tahlequah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for this married woman (Oct '15) Mon Carol 3
Fun older woman ! (Jul '15) Aug 22 Sooner fan 23
2 year old boy taken from parents after being hurt Aug 2 Mark 1
Kendra Ross Dope Ho Jul 28 lmao 2
Max muthafuckin Travis Jul 27 Anonymous 2
Anyone dtf? Jul '16 Lightskindboi 1
Cakie lenard (Aug '12) Jul '16 Tah 22

Tahlequah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance