WYTM 105 IS Lincoln County

Posted in the Taft Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dan

Huntsville, AL

#1 Feb 17, 2013
I'm really disappointed with WYTM. I listened the other day and the afternoon show was pathetic and should be reported to the FCC. The "dj" played a selection of music that was 95 percent garbage, and he talked over every song. I can't decide if he's really a "dj" or a wanna-be talk show host. It seems like at least 50% of the three hour show is nothing more than him expressing his political views as well as doffing out Lincoln County. Excuse me, but WYTM is located in Lincoln County and 90% of the advertisers on this show are located in Lincoln County. Seems like a conflict to me.
Half of the junk he babbled about was useless and a good bit of it had underlying sexual innuendos.
A real "DJ" plays good music, recent music, mainstream music that is popular with the majority of the listeners.
This guy "The Rolling Home Show" has no clue. He'd be a lot better off embracing Lincoln County and the wonderful people in it. Instead all he wants to do is bad-mouth Lincoln IN Lincoln County and then run back to Alabama with a little money that he made in Lincoln County.
I wonder why he's not on a radio station in Alabama ? My guess is that he can't cut it down there. WDRM or WRSA, none of the radio stations in Alabama would give him 30 seconds of their air time.
My advice to Joe Young is this, take control of this show, or get it gone, because a lot of people in Lincoln County are tired of hearing this show do nothing but trash Lincoln County. We love Lincoln county, but obviously this guy doesn't. He's only here to get the money and run back South of the border with OUR money !
The people of Lincoln County are tired of it, and the listeners are going away. Listen up Joe Young. The Rolling Home Show is rolling Lincoln County away from WYTM Stereo.
Speedy

Winchester, TN

#5 Feb 18, 2013
I enjoy the radio station. It is different and unique. Keep up the good work.
Not Again

Jackson, TN

#6 Feb 19, 2013
I despise to listen to this show. He does talk continuously over the songs and makes outrageous comments and I've heard other people also complain about the same behavior. Whenever I do flip over there, which is rare, it's just to see what he'll do next.

Heath Jacks plays a lot of great oldies music from the 70's, 80's and 90's. Joe needs to check his demographics to see who is actually listening and adjust the content accordingly.
bill malone

Harvest, AL

#8 Feb 21, 2013
why don't you jerks get a life instead of worrying about my show..if you don't like it,,turn it off and keep it off!!!!why don't you put your names on your post?? i've dealt with jerks like y'all for over 50 years in radio..it continues to be amusing..by the way,,i made it in huntsville radio probably longer than y'all are old..on different stations and had the # 1 show according to arbitron..good night ""goofies" " y'all were good for a big laugh!!!
Fan

Knoxville, TN

#9 Feb 24, 2013
If you dont like the Bill Malone show turn it off, I for one like it he cracks me up. You must be some dope smoking liberal not to like him. Whats the matter does the truth hurt? I bet you have never spent a dime with WYTM and you want to go post this crap. Keep up the good work BM.
really

Fayetteville, TN

#10 Feb 24, 2013
Did Bill Malone really just enter that ridiculous, childish reply on here? That's all the proof anyone needs to know what kind of a person he is. What a joke!
cool kat daddy

Lewisburg, TN

#11 Mar 1, 2013
That cat on rolling home makes me laugh my ass off,
Dan

Huntsville, AL

#12 Mar 11, 2013
Anyone can call and contact the FCC using the link below. If there's anything offensive you hear, record it and document it. The FCC has ultimate ruling powers concerning anything deemed offensive on the airwaves. Perhaps if enough people are tired of hearing offensive and controversial comments on WYTM then something can be done. Contacting Joe Young directly would be an effective step as well.

http://www.fcc.gov/contact-us

By the way Bill, when was that #1 arbitron ranking, or should I have asked, what decade was it ?
Wat

Candler, NC

#13 Mar 12, 2013
WYTM is an awful station. The majority of folks under 50 are changing the station. I have tried over the years to tune in, but it always proves to be the same poor quality programming. I do not see why anyone would advertise with them.
Wat

Candler, NC

#14 Mar 12, 2013
Fan wrote:
If you dont like the Bill Malone show turn it off, I for one like it he cracks me up. You must be some dope smoking liberal not to like him. Whats the matter does the truth hurt? I bet you have never spent a dime with WYTM and you want to go post this crap. Keep up the good work BM.
Bless your heart!
Hmmmmm

Nashville, TN

#15 Mar 18, 2013
I turned on YTM today to hear the local weather. I couldn't understand a word Bill Malone said. There was absolutely no helpful information given. The only geographic references given were little known areas that very few people recognize. I've lived here all my life and know a lot about Lincoln County and surrounding counties. Many of the places mentioned were foreign to me. I just don't understand why Malone even has a job on radio.
listener

Phenix City, AL

#16 Apr 2, 2013
I listen to ytm every nite when I get home from work and have herd all the nite time djs. my favorite is rob, he's new to ytm and seems to have pretty good taste in music. id like to hear him more than just thursdays and fridays, the other djs are ok ,but alot off the music they play is ..well, kinda..sucky . keep up the good work Rob, we will keep listening
Fatboy Scuggs

Fayetteville, TN

#17 Apr 9, 2013
The only DJ I ever heard on WYTM worth listening to at all was that guy that used to be on Friday and Saturday nights. He played old-shcool rock and classic rock and all. He was kind of a Wolfman Jack wannabe, even called himself something corny like Wolfman or something. But he was good, probably the best they ever had. He's gone now though. I haven't heard him on there since last year sometime. Anyone know what happened to him? I wouldn't be surprised if he got bought out by a better station.
John

Toney, AL

#18 May 11, 2013
Hey Malone, do you really think Blake Shelton reads YOUR facebook ? LMAO.....always good for a laugh !!
Rhonda

Fayetteville, TN

#19 May 30, 2013
Bill Malone is horrible!! Why does the station allow him to talk over the songs? I refuse to listen to him because of that, I am amazed that people advertise on his show at all and the whispering woman is just creepy.....sadly I have FPU cable and this is the background on the listings channel..my mute button gets a real workout when these 2 are on!
bill malone

Anonymous Proxy

#20 Jun 4, 2013
hey rhonda,,MUTE THIS !!!!!!!!!!
Big D

Fayetteville, TN

#21 Jun 7, 2013
Well, one can tell that "DAN" don't have a fuggin' clue! WDRM is one truly suck ass station! All clear channel radio stations suck ass. They are corporate radio, and they play the same 40 songs all week long, I can't stand any of em. Bill plays music you will never hear on any corporate station, and I love it. I also don't ever hear him say anything bad about Lincoln Co., and I listen to him every day. Hell, listen to something else if you don't wanna listen to Bill, but quit hatin' on him.
Rickey Honey

Fayetteville, TN

#22 Jun 11, 2013
Just want to say Bill Malone always there for us when need announcements made. Plays great music but will admit he cant sing lol Don't always agree with him either but we do agree to disagree
Charles

Toney, AL

#23 Jun 23, 2013
Well this is quite the interesting thread.
To Big D & Rickey Honey; the only reason you hear that back woods, deliverance sounding, banjo twanging crap on the Rollin Home show is because any normal DJ worth his salt wouldn't be caught playing that CRAP !
Rhonda, you are correct, absolutely correct dear.
There's a reason wixc never succeeded and a reason why the "rollin' home show" barely exists as a miserable waste of three hrs of radio time.
Big D

Fayetteville, TN

#24 Jun 26, 2013
Charles wrote:
Well this is quite the interesting thread.
To Big D & Rickey Honey; the only reason you hear that back woods, deliverance sounding, banjo twanging crap on the Rollin Home show is because any normal DJ worth his salt wouldn't be caught playing that CRAP !
Rhonda, you are correct, absolutely correct dear.
There's a reason wixc never succeeded and a reason why the "rollin' home show" barely exists as a miserable waste of three hrs of radio time.
Well Charles, if you like listening to the same 40 songs over and over on corporate radio, by all means do so, you're entitled to your opinion. That bein' said, Thank God for Ipods, I don't/wouldn't listen to any corporate radio station ever, especially any owned by Clear Channel. The songs Bill plays on his show are the ones' on the albums that weren't promoted., and 90% of the time those were WAY more better songs than the "hits" that got pushed on us. How many bocephus songs does WDRM play? How many do they play that weren't "hits"? Bill has been playin' music since Johnny Cash sang rock n roll and Elvis only sang gospel, and is the only radio show I would consider listenin' to in this area during the time he is on. Fuck WDRM!!!!!! As for the haters such as yourself, your radio has a "tune" button, so push it ;o)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Taft Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
meth head girl 6 hr Judge What 33
Fayetteville fitness cleanliness Apr 18 GoneGirl 21
trying to find owner of a house Apr 15 aeh 3
Come on Randy Apr 14 sickened 1
Best local live music? (Feb '13) Apr 12 frogfart 4
wytm (Jan '13) Apr 12 frogfart 3
hungrey Apr 12 Phillip 17
More from around the web

Taft People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE