Transplanted resident

Charlotte, NC

#123 Sep 17, 2012
When i moved here 6 years ago i didnt know about the troubles or the corruption accusations in this county and town. But every town has its share of problems. But a wheel tax or higher property tax to pay for something i will never use(the jail) and a town that seems to only care about one sport.( there's more to life than football). Instead of keeping things the same or refusing to grow because youre afraid of a little competition, lincoln county, eventually you will wither away and die. Ive seen it happen before. If something dosent change soon this little hole in the wall will be a ghost town. But maybe not if those old fogies in power die off and let the new blood in to make some serious changes.
Stranger

Smyrna, TN

#124 Sep 18, 2012
Tired of Fed-vulle wrote:
We move to "Fed-vulle" 10 yrs ago. What a joke. If you weren't born and raised in Lincoln county good luck fitting in, or finding friends. The Fayetteville natives are so into themselves it disgusting! I live in many areas of this nation and have yet to see one like this.
Been here 15 years and feel the same way !
born here

Charlotte, NC

#126 Sep 18, 2012
Glad to be a resident of Lincoln County.
jesse

Geneva, FL

#127 Oct 13, 2012
Mr B wrote:
First off anyone with a beautiful wife moving to this rat hole BEWARE!! The men in this town don't take hints very well like wedding bands! Second if your not born here or have money coming out of your ears your simply wasting your time. This town is NOT friendly in anyway shape way or form! And the judicial system needs to be evaluated by the federal dept. what kind of back woods town is this? The one at the top of the list? The police are crooked, the people are not friendly and, I'm sure if someone did a little digging they'd find out there's more crooks with badges than there are inmates in the local jail.
i agree 100% with you I moved there with my girlfriend we lived there for about a year and the men would come on to her right in front of me they acted like i was not even there at one point she was in the store when WILL WRIGHT pulled her pants down and all the store owner did was laugh because his last name is wright more then 2 couples tried to pull her in to a threesome if i spoke i got no more then a yea or oh i could hardly get them to look at me they feel any girl in that town is there's single or not if shes there she belongs to them and forget the outsider boyfriend there's a new girl in town for them to do what they will with she got a job at parslys market deli and Laundromat when she started there nothing about her pay checks added up hours were wrong money was short she was supposed to have 2 days a week off but she never got them she would be called in she once worked 30 days straight there if she told them she could not come in they would tell her she would be fired or treat her like garbage she would come home in tears because of it we could not even get our grocery or christmas shopping done because she had no free time I looked daily for a job and could not get hired anywhere even tho I am 25 in good shape and a hard worker they would not hire me because i was not local we tried to move closer to town at one point and no one would rent to us because we were not local they also have a major drug problem im from florida and i can honestly say Lincoln county is just as bad it got to the point where we could not take it anymore she quit her job and we came home I would advise anyone who is thinking of moving there to stay away as a matter of fact if your travailing go around it don't go threw it because if you are not a beautiful girl you will be treated like trash and men make sure you keep an eye on your girls because they will grope and touch against her will and as for the locals defending the place your part of the problem i can only assume your last name is wright or massie as your family's make the rules in that county.
jesse

Geneva, FL

#128 Oct 13, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> Do you think this guy is maybe not telling all the details?? This story is very shallow and lacks important things like all the facts.
as for this comment he is my father in law and hes telling you the truth the county even went as far as to edit the video from the dash cam you locals there are all the same your all just wrong and do not deserve to live in a place that is so beautiful
Dog

Newnan, GA

#129 Oct 20, 2012
Some of the things that people said are true. Like family names run this town but some of the police are not all bad.
samisfedup

Memphis, TN

#130 Feb 10, 2013
Hey Fayetteville Native - I don't live there - thank Heaven. But please tell me -if that town is so wonderful, how can it's honorable citizens can watch a man get run down in a parking lot and not come forward as witnesses? Can you please tell me why this police department that is supposed to help protect and to serve can justify not giving a ticket the person who did it? Explain how they can get away with lying on a police report? If you won't, then I will - it's because it's an incestuous piece of crap where everyone is related.
What

Charlotte, NC

#131 Feb 10, 2013
Sam what r u talking about ?
creeper

Duluth, GA

#132 Feb 10, 2013
Will Wright...there's a real winner for ya
Jennie

Oak Ridge, NC

#133 Feb 11, 2013
RC STILL,AN OR STEELMAN
?
lookin wrote:
i am wondering does anyone know of a deceaseed officer named rc stillman...i was told by my mother tht might be my father he was married at the time to a linda or lucy i believe and she passed andway this was in 1959...i might have a brother or sister i dunno but i would like to find out for sure i need to kno if anyone knows anything please inform me
curious

Liberty, TN

#134 Feb 20, 2013
Im moving here in a couple of months. My husband and I work in huntsville, but we want to have some land with horses. We have found a few houses for sale that we are interested in. Since everyone on here seems to know a lot about the area, where would you live? We are trying to decide between molino rd, teal hollow, or (our favorite) mimosa rd. Please help
ol george

Fayetteville, TN

#135 Feb 21, 2013
curious wrote:
Im moving here in a couple of months. My husband and I work in huntsville, but we want to have some land with horses. We have found a few houses for sale that we are interested in. Since everyone on here seems to know a lot about the area, where would you live? We are trying to decide between molino rd, teal hollow, or (our favorite) mimosa rd. Please help
All are good.
Stan

Kodak, TN

#136 Feb 24, 2013
Teal hollow stay away too close to the roughest bear joint in town.
Meister

Milton, FL

#138 Mar 9, 2013
I believe Monsignor. I have encountered excellent, professional Fayettville police officers. I tip my hat to them and thank them for their service. However, I have also encountered ignorant, immature, irresponsible, and adolescent schoolyard bullies hiding behind the blue and the badge. Like all bullies, they are cowards.
knowing

Manchester, IA

#139 Mar 28, 2013
lookin wrote:
i am wondering does anyone know of a deceaseed officer named rc stillman...i was told by my mother tht might be my father he was married at the time to a linda or lucy i believe and she passed andway this was in 1959...i might have a brother or sister i dunno but i would like to find out for sure i need to kno if anyone knows anything please inform me
I know of R C Steelman. My son was married to his grandaughter. His son Nickey has passed also in the last few years.There are 3 children born to R C ' son Nickey
knowing

Manchester, IA

#141 Mar 29, 2013
Jennie wrote:
RC STILL,AN OR STEELMAN
?
<quoted text>
i know of rc steelman.my son was married to his grandaughter.her father was named nickey rc's son.nickey has 3 children.sadly nickey has passed away in the last 5 yrs or so.
Resident

Antioch, TN

#142 Mar 30, 2013
Maybe if the local law enforcement officers spent less time hanging out parked side by side with each other or flirting with other people's wives the crime rate wouldn't be so bad. And when you're sitting on the side of the road trying to catch speeders maybe look for other infractions like tailgating. Yesterday I drove past two police cars sitting side by side with a teenage girl texting on her phone so close behind me i couldn't see her tailights. I thought for sure one of them would pull her over but no, too much work. Next time you are sitting at red light count the number of people going by you on their phones. i would much rather the police pull them over then someone doing 10 miles over the speed limit. Our local law enforcement are too busy picking the low hanging fruit when they should be working to find the bad element. Ticketing a 65 year old woman for speeding does not make this community safer. I'm pretty sure she is not shooting people in the face and leaving them in a field.
Steve

Lynchburg, TN

#143 May 18, 2013
Rebelle wrote:
I disagree! The police here are very serious about the speed limit, but if you don't speed it's not an issue. I have found the officers here to be very polite and reasonable. I actually just went to court for a traffic ticket, my fault, I could not find my proof of insurance when I was pulled over. The judge let me off with a $75.00 fine, paid to Juniors House, a children's charity, and it was not applied to my record, so my insurance rates will not be affected. This was not just me, but almost everyone who showed up for court was given the same opportunity as long as they had insurance upon coming to court.
Now, most of the court house employees are unintelligent nasty jerks,however the law enforcement have given me no reason to feel ill-will towards them.
But then I am a law abiding citizen, except for speeding occasionally. It's hard to determine if the people here are actually not smart, or just don't want to be bothered.
The worst thing you have to worry about is the law enforcement running over you as they exceed the speed limit, I am currently talking videos of all these folks that think they are above the law, yesterday I witnessed a state trooper driving down hwy 64 at a height rate of speed in a 45, a few minutes later I saw the car at a restaurant. No one is above the law. What about cell phones I witness officers on their phone while driving all the time.
Steve

Lynchburg, TN

#144 May 18, 2013
TNzoot wrote:
New commers to Lincoln Co. need to know that you will not be considered above a worm unless you have more money than God! We have been here 11 1/2 years and still cannot get things done from local businesses. Contractors will say they will do the work but never call back or show up. The car dealerships think every thing they have is worth more than it would cost in Nashville, and thats just a few examples. One of the worse businesses is Johnny Church Auto Sales. We bought one of the sheds he sells, paid cash, it was placed wrong and he has yet to see that it is moved to where it needs to be after over 2 months. I even offered to pay to have it moved. He has gotten so rude that I will not talk to him anymore, and had two young men with a rope and a truck take 10 min. to move the building.
We had only been here 3 weeks when we were told by a local minister, that if we did not join a church we would not fit in. We did join a church because thats how we live anyway and we still do not fit in. We have lived in West Virginia and it is not as clanish as this place. Lincoln Co. needs to grow up!
It is not new comers, it is the same with every one here. I have lived here all my life and always use contractors from Nashville or Huntsville . You came from a place the had excellent contractors, you can not even get top of the line materials or building supplies, Pendergrass and Lincoln country supply are the best but they can not compete with large chains. In short the best contractors in Lincoln county are always busy.
say what

Smyrna, TN

#145 May 18, 2013
I think the same is true with car mechanics. I think I have tried every one here in town and have either been ripped off or they couldn't fix it. I don't think they understand, if you do right by me I will always come back to you, with my car, my wife's car, my daughter's car, my son's car. I'll tell my friends what great service you give, then they will come to you with their family's car. Right now if someone asked me about a good mechanic here in town I could not recommend one of them. If anyone disagrees please let me know who I should go to, I would greatly appreciate it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Taft Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
meth head girl 12 hr Amanda 17
Pat and Bobby's (Nov '13) 14 hr Cleaver 9
High school dress code 17 hr Where 9
Auto Seat Covers in Fayetteville (Jul '13) 19 hr Question 5
traffic lights (Mar '13) 19 hr Wondering 9
Highlan Rim Winter Fest (Mar '14) Fri Winterfest 13
whitts bbq (Jun '12) Fri Jan Chapman 41
Taft Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Taft People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:30 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:30PM
2015 Atlanta Falcons Potential Draft Pick Profile: OL Ali Marpet
NFL 6:47 PM
Raiders expected to interview Mike Smith for DC
NBC Sports 7:57 PM
Report: Mike Smith expected to interview with Raiders
Bleacher Report 3:54 PM
2015 Falcons Draft Pick Profile: WR Phillip Dorsett
Bleacher Report 8:55 PM
Falcons Potential Draft Pick: LB Denzel Perryman