Operation does well, but bookings lag

Operation does well, but bookings lag

There are 2 comments on the The News Tribune story from Apr 29, 2012, titled Operation does well, but bookings lag. In it, The News Tribune reports that:

The Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center is well-maintained, well-priced, spic-and-span, useful.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News Tribune.

larry zarelli

Lakewood, WA

#1 Apr 29, 2012
A fox in the conv. Center hen house.... where are the 2k rooms we needed to make this thing pencil out?.. as a travel cons. For Midwest conventions, plans to come to Tacoma were always turned down by K. Of C. And others for lack rooms within walking distance of center. The Food Network and others were to send 5k people here for West Coast chef demonstrations.... but no hotel rooms. We need a 1k room headquarters monster to feed the smaller hotels, like the Murano and Marriott. Who will that be??.. I have tried for 5 years to block rooms for larger events... It never happens. No local cooperation at any end of the proceedings. Long Beach,Spokane, Bellevue and others always are ready and willing to take care of 2 or 3,000 guests. I feel like Tacoma is still a one horse town, with one hotel, calling all the shots...and blocking any progress... they are only hurting themselves and the whole city.
larry zarelli

Lakewood, WA

#2 Apr 29, 2012
[email protected] .... my email location

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tacoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Tacoma Jun 16 Cheyenne 9
suboxin wts or wtt Jun 6 Elise Gingerich 2
News 16 signs now alert drivers to pay new Tacoma Na... (Jan '08) Jun 5 photographerrn 315
News Man fatally shot at Puyallup gas station (Oct '07) May 28 Kwaman 69
News Cops: Teen Robber Shot Himself in the Groin May '16 wichita-rick 11
Anyone know where to find my girl Chrystal? May '16 Reyna 1
Tacoma stays consistent and sucks again. (Apr '11) Apr '16 Kingco 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tacoma Mortgages