Innovative NY program picks up college tuition

Aug 22, 2013 Full story: The Wichita Eagle 17

In a Dec. 31, 2012, file photo President Barack Obama pauses as he speaks in the South Court Auditorium at the White House in Washington.

Full Story

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

#2 Aug 22, 2013
Obviously, Obama is now trying to buy the votes of the American students who pay about 100,000 to 200,000 dollars for fruitless education that will not give them any job after finishing college which means no way to pay for their super expensive tuition. Obama will give you more loans and grants paid by the hard working people in return for your vote but on the other hand, Obama will make sure through million executive orders, regulations and high taxes and especially the destructive and outrageous expensive Obamacare fees and taxes that you will have no job after four years in college. Obama lies to our young American fools who go to college to ‘burn time’ rather than start their career as was always the American dream that Obama killed.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#3 Aug 22, 2013
wrexas' governor perry's program for free tuition for illegals isn't burdening wrexas. Good to know.
factcheck

Mystic, CT

#5 Aug 22, 2013
The end game is to make all job candidates look the same. First everyone will have a "degree" from college. Having gone to college won't matter since the honor system will be used. Later on employers will not be permitted to:
interview candidates in person,
ask if they have a degree,
ask where/if they went to school,
ask about prior work experience or
ask the full name of the candidate.
Tom

Zephyrhills, FL

#6 Aug 22, 2013
The value of a college degree can now be compared to a high school diploma. Sorry Obama but its not a "right" it's for those who deserve it .

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#7 Aug 22, 2013
If money grows on trees why does tuition costs rise at double and triple the rate of the CPI?

Liberal mismanagement, waste and cronyism?

Endless supply of cheap funds... the next bubble to burst?

Could it be because you'll pay anything?

Get a plumbing license and a library card.
Dr Butler

Noblesville, IN

#8 Aug 22, 2013
tuition!!!!!! where is C529 fundo!!!;-000
dave rapoy

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Aug 23, 2013
Jeff Brightone wrote:
Obviously, Obama is now trying to buy the votes of the American students who pay about 100,000 to 200,000 dollars for fruitless education that will not give them any job after finishing college which means no way to pay for their super expensive tuition. Obama will give you more loans and grants paid by the hard working people in return for your vote but on the other hand, Obama will make sure through million executive orders, regulations and high taxes and especially the destructive and outrageous expensive Obamacare fees and taxes that you will have no job after four years in college. Obama lies to our young American fools who go to college to ‘burn time’ rather than start their career as was always the American dream thwhyat Obama killed.
why

Since: Mar 08

Buffalo, NY

#10 Aug 23, 2013
Typical American response to the problem - rate colleges on value so the degree in effect, may be given away. Like I said before, there is no value in something not earned, be it college degrees or welfare checks. US high school students in general are equivalent to grade school students in other countries. Here we keep lowering the bar while over there they keep raising it. Instead of looking at the job market before college to decide on a path to existing jobs, college students chase flying rainbow-shitting unicorns to fantasyland where they will get to do whatever makes them feel wonderful and pays them enormous sums of money.
wake up

Buffalo, NY

#11 Aug 23, 2013
...just more 'order anything you want, and someone else has to pay for it' liberal policy... Now responsible working people, who knew they couldn't afford college, will have to pay for everyone else's college education...
hand out nation

Buffalo, NY

#13 Aug 23, 2013
There you go, the totally irresponsible, bail-me-out generation. Most collage kids, like (oblama) never had to work for anything in their lives...

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Huntington, NY

#15 Aug 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
I know most of my kids friends are just not gonna pay there student loans. They said the rich and big business got bailed out why cant they not pay back there debt. I agree with them.
I hope they have fun in mom's basement. You guys will have to learn to free-load like tracey martin.
hello

Buffalo, NY

#17 Aug 23, 2013
College is liberal 'Big Business', they make billions brain laundering our youth

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Huntington, NY

#18 Aug 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why will they have to live in moms basement. Now if they tried to pay it back they would. That's the whole point they cant afford to pay it back and live. So most choose to live. I would and I am sure you would rather eat and have roof over head then live in box to pay loan back.
Employers won't hire people with judgements against them for defaulted loans. It's why George Zimmermann couldn't become a cop.

No landlord will rent an apt. to a deadbeat either, unless it's a welfare roach motel.

Please don't screw yourself for life with bad credit.

Get a plumbing license and a library card instead of pissing away multiple six figures on liberal brainwashing.

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Huntington, NY

#21 Aug 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Any employer who wont hire should be and will be sued and lose.
We need a new law banning credit checks for jobs. IT SHOULD BE AND IS AS FAR AS I THINK UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
Bad credit..........funny. When rich turds go bad they get bailed out. When common people go bad they don't and are called deadbeats..
FUNNY HOW YOU RICH AND RICH WORSHIPPERS HATE COMMON PEOPLE.
You obviously can't think very critically. Jon Corzine is a deadbeat in my book, and he's a billionaire.

That's the kind of thought that has driven businesses overseas. If the business owner can't turn a profit, he closes.

You're the reason why the voting age should be raised, and we add an IQ test to eligibility requirements.

Since: Mar 08

Buffalo, NY

#22 Aug 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a new law banning credit checks for jobs. IT SHOULD BE AND IS AS FAR AS I THINK UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
I think something that may work better is to require that all information provided by a credit reporting agency be verified and the agency be held liable for the accuracy of that information.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#25 Aug 23, 2013
Lacrosse Coachh wrote:
<quoted text>
It's alot less than Bush andCheney spent enriching Haliburton spilling American blood and making it easier for the worst kind of Islamic extremists to run Iraq
I read somewhere that Haliburton is still getting paid. And that Islamic extremism is a possibility for our Western future.
hello

Buffalo, NY

#26 Aug 23, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I read somewhere that Haliburton is still getting paid. And that Islamic extremism is a possibility for our Western future.
Why do you think the Dems want to take your gun rights away...??? So the violent drug kingpins and terrorists can move right in and set up shop...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Syracuse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Summit Cars Girl (May '14) 11 hr frank 3
Leslie Feinberg - A communist who revolutionise... 19 hr GUMPnf 2
Tina Belonge (Aug '13) Fri waiting in the wings 61
Male Con Artists Fri upstatetech 8
std Nov 18 anonymus 1
Where is the best place in Syracuse to pick up ... (Nov '09) Nov 16 420blazit 24
Utica and Herkimer Among Most Dangerous Cities ... Nov 14 Guns 8
Syracuse Dating
Find my Match

Syracuse People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Syracuse News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Syracuse

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:08 am PST