School district uses blog to reach pa...

School district uses blog to reach parents

There are 3 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 20, 2007, titled School district uses blog to reach parents. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

SYRACUSE, Ind. - When parents want to know the latest update in the Wawasee School District, they don't have to wait for a school newsletter or ask their kids about the announcements - they can read the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Indy Res

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Feb 20, 2007
I commend the superintendent for his mission to keeping the parents informed, but this isn't new or unique. Wayne Township has a wonderful web site which also posts school closings/delays, parents can read the daily announcements along with a tickler of important announcements or upcoming events. Keeping parents informed and involved is a critical issue.
indy blogger

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Feb 20, 2007
The application and context is unique and newsworthy. How many school superintendents have the ability to update their school's website in a matter of seconds from any internet-enabled PC? I'd say very few.

This is an excellent way to connect parents to someone in their school system who knows what is going on and has the power to make immediate decisions on what info needs to get out to the public.
Jason Bean

Frankfort, IL

#5 Feb 20, 2007
Excellent point Indy Blogger. There is a huge difference between the functionality a blog structured site provides and those usually developed by schools and districts. I commend Mark on his efforts and wish him the best. It's too bad news like this isn't coming out of Perry Township as well.
www.wesupportwilliams.com | www.takebackperryschools.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Syracuse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to cromwell Jun 15 Knights 1
Fatty aka Allen walter Mar '17 Just Wondering 1
Wawasee High School (Feb '13) Oct '16 Concerned Parent 3
News Woman admits to slaying boyfriend (Dec '06) Sep '16 GenerationX 99
trump is the only one (Apr '16) Jul '16 Pander 3
Local Politics Do you approve of Stephanie A. Miner as Mayor? (Jul '16) Jul '16 Joseph Bisslessi 1
News Ethanol plant may drop plans (Mar '07) Jun '16 duh 29

Syracuse Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Syracuse Mortgages