sam t

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2009

most of the time the pond is unkempt and smelly, but the picture is nice.
Baby face

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2009

I agree. The pond is an embarassment.
Mike D

Medford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2009

Judged:

If you dont like the pond stay out of it! For people who grew up in West Hempstead It holds fond memories of our childhood and still holds true for present and future generations.
Doctor B

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2009

Judged:

Your mom is a smelly embarrassment. Stay in Elmont and out of WH.
Deeboy

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

The pond was once connected to the Hempstead lake Freeport reservior water shead known as(Brooklyn city water supply)

There is an under ground stream that starts up in the Manhaset hills. Today it is buried under the backyards of houses. Today this stream is filled with E-coili bacteria from cesspools and lawn poisons weed controls and so forth.
Baby face

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2009

Mike D wrote:
If you dont like the pond stay out of it! For people who grew up in West Hempstead It holds fond memories of our childhood and still holds true for present and future generations.
my parents had fond memories growing up in east ny Brooklyn. But it's a shit hole now.
Lucia from Brazil

São Paulo, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2009

I'm the owner of the picture. I'm not a West Hempstead or US citizen...But this park is beautiful...and thats the reason I put this picture on!
Resident

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Lucia from Brazil wrote:
I'm the owner of the picture. I'm not a West Hempstead or US citizen...But this park is beautiful...and thats the reason I put this picture on!
Well good for you.
NY_Trailblazer

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2010

I have lived across the street from this park for over 40 years ... after every rain fall the runoff from the streets carries all the trash down the creek and into the pond ... it's really sad that the county doesn't make any effort to keep the water and the adjoining woods clean ... people who choose to throw stuff out of thier car windows are really the ones to blame ... it has never looked as bad as it does lately
balto

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2010

when r they going to clean it up?
NY_Trailblazer

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2010

I wish i knew exactly who to email the pics of all the garbage to
Sam ted

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Any thing that requires maintence needs to be maintained Nassau County. NYC takes better care of their parks. Nassau county, GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!!
Fred

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Has anyone seen the pond lately? It looks great!!! Keep up the good work Town Of Hempstead. Oh by the way those wood cut outs of dogs in the west Hempstead high school don't work. There is bird crap all over the place, I bet the county schools paid at least 100 dollars for each fake doggy. Good work Nassau county.
NY_Trailblazer

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Hall's Pond Park is Nassau County property ... it's not maintained by the Town of Hempstead

Also, if you tell them the pond looks great ... they might not catch the sarcasm ... and they might believe you ... lol

As for the bird crap ... not very easy to control mother nature ... any humane suggestions ?
Sam ted

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

I love the tattered flag waving in the air at the pond. It has that war of 1812 distressed look. What disgrace
Sam ted

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

New disgusting smells comming from the pond area. Check it out and bring the whole family.
WHRes

Freeport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

I think the civic assosciation is going to be cleaning it up soon, or something...
NY_Trailblazer

Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

If the weather is nice on wednesday I would like to do an Earth Day cleanup starting at 12pm ... can't wait for the bs paper pushers any longer ... if you want to help out bring some gloves ... and a desire to make a change for the better
~ T-man
dina

Freeport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

good luck with it!
mikey

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

does anyone remember when there was a large fish kill at the pond where like 1000's came to the surface one day and evening (we were hooking them with our treble hooks) and the next day they were all floating covering a lot of the surface of the pond. This had to be in the 60's sometime. Always wondered what caused it. I remember the pond was a great place to ice skate in winter...a lot of girls there...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Syosset News Video

•••
Syosset Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Syosset Jobs

•••
•••
•••