Chase banker charged with taking $1M

Full story: Newsday 38
An East Meadow man will face charges for stealing approximately $1 million from his employer, Nassau police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
good grief

Denver, CO

#1 Jan 16, 2008
bank robbery, atm robbery, check cashing scams, credit card fraud should all be charged as federal offenses, and when caught the criminals should do time in a federal prision. no more slap on the wrists, it's getting to way out of hand with these robberies.
THE FRITO BANDITO

Bellport, NY

#2 Jan 16, 2008
Arrest-waste of time- Ms. DA Rice won't even make him promise before he's released because it's white collar crime
Looks like the county to commit crime. She's out in the next election.
Whodat

Bangkok, Thailand

#3 Jan 16, 2008
Hey at least he stole a lot,some use a gun get a couple of hundred dollars and 15/20 years.I would have taken more and disappeared to a tropical island like the one I lived at in Thailand.Gone without a trace.
WOODY FROM ST JAMES

AOL

#5 Jan 16, 2008
ALMOST PULLED IT OFF!!!!......BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!!!!!.....C YA IN THE POKEY!!!!
PR_Flack_In_Trai ning

Eaton Rapids, MI

#6 Jan 16, 2008
Chase is blanketing the area with new branches. It may be hard to get quality people.

I loudly rebuke any teller who attempts to "cross sell" me a credit card when I go in to make a deposit. I have a mortgage with them and they call me up to ask questions that they know the answers to, so maybe they could attempt to cross sell me something else.

I like the convenience of all the branches, with good hours, but I wonder how thier business model is going to work if people don't take the cross selling bait.
abc123

Mastic, NY

#7 Jan 16, 2008
Hang him high
A no good s**t Head

Since: Aug 07

High Point, NC

#8 Jan 16, 2008
Credit card companies screw their customers out of billions and it's called GOOD BUSINESS, but let just ONE guy take home a few free samples...........
Capital Beltway 495

Washington, DC

#9 Jan 16, 2008
Makes me feel my safe having my money with Chase
I remember when

United States

#11 Jan 16, 2008
i remmeber when they were Chase Manhattan Bank

not CHASE JP MORGAN Chemical....... yadayada
vito of corona

AOL

#12 Jan 16, 2008
Saw Sgt. Graziano on TV. All I can say is.... H O T.
She can arrest me anytime.
Islander fan

Commack, NY

#13 Jan 16, 2008
is this the same guy who was involved with STIC and had islander season tickets???
Paulie sez

United States

#14 Jan 16, 2008
what a dummy!
professor

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Jan 16, 2008
Rob a bodega, get caught, go away for ten to twenty. Rob with pen and paper (or computer), get caught, and do six months at Club Fed. How come poor folks always get the hard time? I got away from Chase as soon as a reasonable alternative (with really free checking) appeared. For Chase, free checking meant I had to keep $1000.00 in a low interest account. I remember when they were the Chase National Bank.
concerned

Newcomb, NY

#17 Jan 17, 2008
oh stop everyone will slap him on the wrist and send him on his way white collar crime big deal look at tim oleary from wantagh gave him a year in a posh jail what punishment is that
PIGGYBANK

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Jan 17, 2008
and that's why when you receive a bank statement snail mail or online..check it very closely..very very closely!!!!
Unbelievable

Teterboro, NJ

#19 Jan 17, 2008
To the Gallos for this guy!
paul

Saint James, NY

#20 Jan 17, 2008
Where were all the bank auditors while this very primitive scam was going on? Were they in on it? This is a very scary story for many people who believe in the traditional reputation of the banking industry as a model of honesty.
Art Feeny

United States

#21 Jan 17, 2008
Domain Name.......... mikemustgo.com
Creation Date........ 2000-12-14
Registration Date.... 2000-12-14
Expiry Date.......... 2008-12-14
Organisation Name.... william brahe
Organisation Address. EAST MEADOW, NY
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

I guess this is Bill the Islander fan. How's all the STIC boys doing, you are all quiet now that you are going to join Spano in jail HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - JERK!
Kokomo Joe

Columbus, OH

#22 Jan 17, 2008
What's with these people? Robs a million dollars, and doesn't leave the Isle of Long? Not to friggin' smart!
Jayskid

South Salem, NY

#23 Jan 17, 2008
Unbelievable wrote:
To the Gallos for this guy!
You want to send him to a couple of brothers who make wine?:) How about the gallows?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Syosset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 2 hr Bruser 2,317
Editorial: Re-elect Jack Martins in 7th Senate ... Thu Just Saying 1
Merry Christmas to Joe krupinski (Dec '13) Thu Joe Krupinski 8
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Thu Bruser 7,915
Review: Depalo & Sons Auto Body Inc (Nov '09) Thu Jack Oasis 17
Review: Sahdev Devinder (Dec '10) Oct 22 John 15
Village of Lindenhurst is Corrupt (Dec '09) Oct 22 concerned neighbor 45

Syosset News Video

Syosset Dating
Find my Match