Residents Defend Superintendent at Sy...

Residents Defend Superintendent at Syosset Board of Education Meeting

There are 6 comments on the Syosset Jericho Tribune story from Mar 11, 2011, titled Residents Defend Superintendent at Syosset Board of Education Meeting. In it, Syosset Jericho Tribune reports that:

At the March 7 Syosset Central School District Board of Education Meeting, a palpable sense of pride and appreciation permeated the South Woods Middle School Auditorium.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Syosset Jericho Tribune.

PolLeadersDeserv eMore

Hamilton, NY

#1 Mar 11, 2011
There’s a town on Long Island called Syosset
Some folks there have lots of doh in their pockets
Most homes are grand and they had strong command
Over the school district their children attended.
They developed a district to admire
And paid for the leadership required
But Governor said to she “an educational leader shouldn’t make more than me!”
And said - her salary should be cut by about three.
The school quickly dumbed down
When the superintendent left town
And to the townspeople’s dismay
Their excellent school went away
The Governor’s happy though
Now he makes more doh
And to hell with Syosset kid’s education!
Marc

Hackensack, NJ

#2 Mar 12, 2011
You have got to be kidding? Her salary is outrageous! The school district is not longer "Blue Ribbon". Wake up Syosset no one wants to buy your home because of the school taxes. Your values are down 25%. Keep paying the big salary!
Marc

Hackensack, NJ

#3 Mar 12, 2011
Please disregard the typo in "not"- of course meant "no". Seriously people you really need to get a grip on the school budget passed and the salaries paid. Her salary is so ridiculous that it is stupid. Do you really think if her salary is lowered the district will "quickly dumped down"? The homes within the Syosset School District have dropped 25%. A home is more then likely your largest investment. Are you really OK with this? It's your money! Better think about what you vote for!
JOHN

Rockville Centre, NY

#4 Jun 7, 2011
Over 5.5% of the community is fleeing the area yearly due to the school tax.

Add, the home values are quite deplorable.
With a school budget of over $183,000,000 for the amount of students, it borders on highway robbery.

Add, the school superintendent earns $550,000. This is almost 5x's what the average homeowner earns, a good reason to flee the neighborhood.

Governor,please help.
Simply Me

Rockville Centre, NY

#5 Jun 7, 2011
What do you expect! Only 3800 people even show up to vote.

The darn school board has school employees on it. So if you want patronage,you found it.

“Black Lies Matter”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#6 Jun 7, 2011
I graduated high school 20 years ago. Very few of my alumni still live on LI. When I find out my friends pay a year what I do a month in taxes it makes me want to puke. As the restaurants in Raleigh, Denver and charleston improve, and the taxes here rise, the equation becomes ever more glaring. $400,000 is criminal. She should be jailed and her pension appropriated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Syosset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) 13 hr Bruser 2,483
News Fire commissioner candidate accused of harassment (Dec '07) 14 hr Milton Bowe 12
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Carle Place (Nov '13) 23 hr kjx2007 19
do anybody know the fortunato's (Mar '09) Thu chi town 25
Review: 240 Auto Body Inc (Jan '11) Sep 1 JDL 18
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Aug 30 Bruser 8,020
News Ten years later, brothers to testify in mother'... (Mar '07) Aug 28 eric 43
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Syosset Mortgages