50 NY school supers earn more than $250K; top figure in area is $230K

Feb 7, 2011 Full story: Business Review 24

Fifty school superintendents across New York -- all with Downstate districts -- receive salaries of $250,000 or more, according to budget reports filed with the New York State Education Department.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TwoFiftyAyear

New York, NY

#1 Feb 12, 2011
Nice $250,000 a year and they get school district cars, big expence accounts, these supers do Zero how about a pay cut and save the district some coin.
zeldo

Middleburgh, NY

#2 Feb 12, 2011
if you had their credentials maybe you would be making big bucks too.

go back to school and graduate then maybe you can be somebody.......

maybe they should earn $ 25 k each year......
Overpaid

New York, NY

#3 Feb 12, 2011
credentials are that about the same as a secretary how many incompetent Supers are in schools. Lots. They are way over paid.

“Carpe diem”

Since: Oct 09

Albany, NY

#4 Feb 13, 2011
That's a lot of cash for sweeping up tator tots off the cafeteria floor.
Zeldos gay prostitute

Albany, NY

#5 Feb 13, 2011
My goodness... do I actually have to agree with Zeldo's opinion for once?

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#6 Feb 14, 2011
When the teachers, cops and firemen lose their pensions in the coming bankruptcy, they can thank this guy.
zeldo

Middleburgh, NY

#7 Feb 14, 2011
Zeldos gay prostitute wrote:
we tell the truth, that is why you agree with us.

other than that, you are a pee brain........
joe smith

Schenectady, NY

#9 Mar 23, 2011
hey zeldo most doctors dont make that my grandmother retired school teacher had a phd and made less then a third . and btw the president only makes 400k a year as an elected official so this guy deserves more than half the president makes???
zeldo

Middleburgh, NY

#10 Mar 23, 2011
Zeldos gay prostitute wrote:
are yu stil whoring on lower central ave.?????
zeldo

Middleburgh, NY

#11 Mar 23, 2011
paganbirdkeeper666 wrote:
That's a lot of cash for sweeping up tator tots off the cafeteria floor.
any babies yet ????????
In the know

Poughkeepsie, NY

#12 Mar 23, 2011
Now wait these poor-not financially-Superintnedents work very hard for their money of Course Commissioner David Steiner earns $300K for the entire state. And you wonder why people agree with the Governor-HE IS RIGHT. The Senior Deputy Commissioner doesn't earn that much either. Check NYCOSS.ORG here you can read the little whinning bastards complain. Education in this state is a mess Rick Mills and his cronies have f*cked us hard and left our children in the cold. If standards were any lower we would have had to look under the trash can. Rick didn't have a good rep from Vermont why the hell he got hired is beyond me. The new team is outstaning and things will improve but not before we get control of the FAT ASS GUTTED Superintendents that think they are all taht and more decent wage for a decent days work. nothing more or less. Talk about the rent being too damn high.
zeldo

Middleburgh, NY

#14 Mar 24, 2011
joe smith wrote:
hey zeldo most doctors dont make that my grandmother retired school teacher had a phd and made less then a third . and btw the president only makes 400k a year as an elected official so this guy deserves more than half the president makes???
it is what it is, we didn't make it that way.....
Rob

Hauppauge, NY

#15 Mar 24, 2011
TwoFiftyAyear wrote:
Nice $250,000 a year and they get school district cars, big expence accounts, these supers do Zero how about a pay cut and save the district some coin.
A pay cut is useless. OK, cut $150K off their pay, that would save tax payers about $1-$2 each, big deal. What they need to do is fire all of them (along with their staffs)and hire the best one to run all the schools in the county.

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#17 Mar 24, 2011
These s(umbags are as much an enemy of America as Al Qaeda. The kids get dumber and they get richer.
Tripoli

Schenectady, NY

#18 Mar 24, 2011
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
A pay cut is useless. OK, cut $150K off their pay, that would save tax payers about $1-$2 each, big deal. What they need to do is fire all of them (along with their staffs)and hire the best one to run all the schools in the county.
It's not just their pay that is at issue.

If you cap the superintendant's pay, you must, by extension, cap their assitants...this can mean big savings to larger school districts.
Wilbur

Jericho, NY

#19 Mar 24, 2011
Why would the Super at the schools make so much money for mopping up hallways and making sure the heat is on. This is crazy.

I go to school at night to get my master degree so I can make up to 100K and the school pays supers 200K+.

Doesn't that mean i'm paying this crazy salary in my taxes?

ell, I'm not reporting my cash income on April 15 then cuz this really makes me mad.
Really

Chicago, IL

#20 Mar 31, 2011
Who are the real culprits
skoal

Schenectady, NY

#21 Apr 6, 2011
I guess we are the morons not being politicaly active we allow this to happen. I do belive A good teacher deserves good money. For instance if this super was responsible for sending 100 s of kids to school to make similar money and was there for the kids and the money was just bonus Id be fine with that but I dont think they are produceing on a level thats appropriate with there salary. just sayin
unhappy voter

Beaver Dams, NY

#22 Apr 7, 2011
Support the salary cap on all Superintendents and staff. The Governor is aware because I spoke to his staff then they quoted me in the release. It's time we get our schools straightened out. This group portends to be ensuring student success but not only is that not true but its all about the good old boys and taking care of themselves and everyone but the student. Does your school welcome you as a parent or even expect you to participate in school during the day. Usually the fist sign is visitors must report to the office. I understand it as a safety issues BUT no where does a sign exist and say Parents welcome, expected and needed. PARENTS ARE NOT VISITORS, they pay for the school district, their children attend the school-obviously and lastly we live in the community. This just explains the philosophy, Visitors my ass, maybe a btter sign would be. Everyone here expected to learn, parents welcome please feel welcome! But not in this state, its seems to be the school distritc belongs to the school administration.
Boca Facelift

Pompano Beach, FL

#23 Apr 7, 2011
unhappy voter wrote:
Support the salary cap on all Superintendents and staff. The Governor is aware because I spoke to his staff then they quoted me in the release. It's time we get our schools straightened out. This group portends to be ensuring student success but not only is that not true but its all about the good old boys and taking care of themselves and everyone but the student. Does your school welcome you as a parent or even expect you to participate in school during the day. Usually the fist sign is visitors must report to the office. I understand it as a safety issues BUT no where does a sign exist and say Parents welcome, expected and needed. PARENTS ARE NOT VISITORS, they pay for the school district, their children attend the school-obviously and lastly we live in the community. This just explains the philosophy, Visitors my ass, maybe a btter sign would be. Everyone here expected to learn, parents welcome please feel welcome! But not in this state, its seems to be the school distritc belongs to the school administration.
You are the biggest bullshyter here..."The Governor is aware because..."...you spoke to his staff and then they quoted you in the release...Bwhahahahahahahahaha haha...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Syosset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Ha Ha 6,445
Garbage pail scavengers in levittown 19 hr Sambee 2
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 22 hr Bruser 7,887
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Sun Jimmy Rustle 676
FCGOA Pres Guy James SELLS-OUT 188 Securitas Of... (Apr '11) Sun anthony 2
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Sun truth 759
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Sun Bruser 2,293
•••

Syosset News Video

•••
•••

Syosset Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Syosset People Search