Nassau cops accidentally uncover gun deal

Full story: Newsday 55
A Nassau police officer who was on the lookout for robbery suspects early Wednesday morning happened upon a different crime -- an apparent gun deal in a Westbury parking lot. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Client number 9

Huntington Station, NY

#1 Mar 13, 2008
This is how guns get into poor areas. This is why we read about shootings in Roosevelt and Uniondale. Some jerk in a jaguar from Syosset supplies them.
Barney the Dinosaur

New York, NY

#2 Mar 13, 2008
Good call, to let the cops search your car, dude.
ChrisLI

New York, NY

#4 Mar 13, 2008
Dumb asX doing that type of transaction at 3am then letting him search his car. Twice a fool. If he would have denied the search cops would have brought a drug K9 which if I'm not mistaken cannot sniff guns. Any you cops out there wanna correct this please do.
bWOOD

Hicksville, NY

#5 Mar 13, 2008
ChrisLI wrote:
Dumb asX doing that type of transaction at 3am then letting him search his car. Twice a fool. If he would have denied the search cops would have brought a drug K9 which if I'm not mistaken cannot sniff guns. Any you cops out there wanna correct this please do.
Yes he's dumb for letting them search his car, but they would've searched anyway. It's called PROBABLE CAUSE, which they had from the two acting suspiciously then giving conflicting accounts as to what happened.
Brentwood

Hicksville, NY

#6 Mar 13, 2008
This is the result of the strict NYS gun laws. Reason to move to FL.
red white and blue

AOL

#7 Mar 13, 2008
You people must be gun nuts or just real ff-ing j-offs! Its 4 guns off the streets!
mr nice guy

East Longmeadow, MA

#8 Mar 13, 2008
NICE JOB NCP
ricky

United States

#9 Mar 13, 2008
So...what are you trying to say exactly?
Brentwood wrote:
This is the result of the strict NYS gun laws. Reason to move to FL.
Client Number 9

Baldwin, NY

#10 Mar 13, 2008
Are these they guys from the robberies. 2006 Jag, these guys must have been black ? usally newsday loves to report what color people are ?
Client Number 9

Baldwin, NY

#11 Mar 13, 2008
Finally NCPD got out of 7-11 and did some actuall police work. The three day a week job is too much for NCPD. Not too many people know they only work 3 days a week the Nassau Police
ricky

United States

#12 Mar 13, 2008
Hey dummy, go through one day without cops being around. I can only imagine the madness. We've all heard this one also - be more original next time.
Client Number 9 wrote:
Finally NCPD got out of 7-11 and did some actuall police work. The three day a week job is too much for NCPD. Not too many people know they only work 3 days a week the Nassau Police

Since: Jun 07

Copiague, NY

#13 Mar 13, 2008
Client Number 9 wrote:
So, who's the fool?
Richard E

Deer Park, NY

#14 Mar 13, 2008
I thought Nassau's Soviet handgun laws kept all illegal guns out of the county! You mean criminals break the law in order to obtain handguns? No way.

Good job NCPD. It's a shame there's not more focus on illegal handguns and less on LEGAL handguns.
street justice

United States

#15 Mar 13, 2008
Client Number 9 wrote:
5 8hour days or 3 12 hour days all adds up to the same hours at the end of the year
TLITLKITIS

Plainview, NY

#16 Mar 13, 2008
Client Number 9 wrote:
wah wah wah!!!
Confused

Shirley, NY

#17 Mar 13, 2008
Barney the Dinosaur wrote:
Good call, to let the cops search your car, dude.
Since when do the cops have to "get permission" to search your car? Does one has the right to say no to these things?
Brentwood Latino

Hicksville, NY

#18 Mar 13, 2008
ricky wrote:
So...what are you trying to say exactly?<quoted text>
Are you that slow? Law abiding US Citizens such as myself should be able to legally obtain a firearm for protection. NYS makes it just about impossible, whereas other states allow one to exercise our 2nd Amendment.
mlk

AOL

#19 Mar 13, 2008
They are simply undocumented guns. The should be given amnesty.
ricky

United States

#20 Mar 13, 2008
Oh, I get it. You're saying if the state makes it real easy to get a gun, then these nice fellows would not be forced to drive them around in their car illegally. Think about this. While you may be a trustworthy individual, who has respect for guns, there's many more nit-wits out there who'd love to have one. Ever drive on the parkway? You want those people to own guns?
Brentwood Latino wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that slow? Law abiding US Citizens such as myself should be able to legally obtain a firearm for protection. NYS makes it just about impossible, whereas other states allow one to exercise our 2nd Amendment.
Brentwood

Hicksville, NY

#22 Mar 13, 2008
ricky wrote:
Oh, I get it. You're saying if the state makes it real easy to get a gun, then these nice fellows would not be forced to drive them around in their car illegally. Think about this. While you may be a trustworthy individual, who has respect for guns, there's many more nit-wits out there who'd love to have one. Ever drive on the parkway? You want those people to own guns?<quoted text>
Strict gun laws (such as the ones in NYS), keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens while criminals will still manage to get their hands on them. That makes the rest of us helpless sitting ducks. Is that fair?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Syosset Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 9 hr Bruser 7,931
Levittown Orthodontist Secures Patent for Devic... Tue Gerald Vonberger 1
Lottery announces LI million-dollar winners (Dec '13) Tue Lawndell Washington 14
Mother loses custody of daughters over 'House o... (Apr '07) Dec 14 Democracy 7
Hempstead mayor wants housing board changes (Apr '13) Dec 12 sugar babies 2
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Dec 10 Bruser 2,362
Review: Maxy Nails (Jun '14) Dec 10 Gmeyer2309 7

Syosset News Video

Syosset Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Syosset People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Syosset News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Syosset

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:28 pm PST

ESPN 2:28PM
Revis: Rex's shaky status with Jets is 'sad'
Bleacher Report 3:02 PM
Michael Vick Reportedly Has Paid off Almost Entire $17.8M Debt Owed to Creditors
NBC Sports 4:27 PM
Revis heads back to MetLife Stadium as Jets' enemy - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 6:03 PM
New England Patriots vs. New York Jets Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
NBC Sports 9:10 PM
Lions claim Josh Thomas off waivers from the Jets