The truth about Cyprus

The truth about Cyprus

There are 20 comments on the Toledo Blade story from May 5, 2010, titled The truth about Cyprus. In it, Toledo Blade reports that:

Although I am pleased that you have drawn attention to the important issue of Cyprus, your May 1 editorial "Cyprus' divided hopes" is factually flawed in numerous ways.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Toledo Blade.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#2 May 5, 2010
True?
You must be joking,Problems in Cyprus didnt start at 1974, Cyprus problem started 1963, when Greeks try to exterminate Turkish Cypriots, for the name of ENOSIS.
get your facts right bello GAVUR
Democracy United States

United States

#3 May 5, 2010
In 1963 wrong you made up that excuse.

Location hidden

#4 May 5, 2010
Democracy United States wrote:
'
Archbishop Makarios, robed and bearded cleric who serves as President of Cyprus, has Byzantine talent for equitation .... His government deliberately provoked the clashes and is bent upon the extermination of Turkish population.
Robert H. Estabrooh Washington Post
16 - 2 - 1964

Location hidden

#5 May 5, 2010
Cyprus,the fanatic Greeks are gradually approaching to ethnic genocide of Turkish Cypriots
The Washington Post
17-02-1964

"There is no place in Cyprus for anyone who is not Greek, who does not think Greek and who does not constantly feel Greek" it was an indication of the evil awaiting the Turkish Cypriots.
Polykarpos Yorkadjis
Minister of Interior
Democracy United States

United States

#6 May 5, 2010
You twist and lie at the same time.
Milisg

Nicosia, Cyprus

#7 May 6, 2010
Poor Turkish-Cypriots...you get every possible help and right from the Government of the Republic of Cyprus, that at the same time you don't like, you want the turkish troops within your country and at the same time you claim working for a solution (?), for a peaceful (?) discussion and negotiation...
Amazing how people manage to leave aside the facts and start believing in partial "truths"! 100% inconsistency between words and actions...what can i say...i wish Cyprus politicians were as good to me as they are to you. I also wish we understand at some point that leaving together in a country means to respect same rules and democracy..we are people...we are not groups...
Anyway, good luck to all of us.
The Cypriot

United States

#8 May 6, 2010
Emir Soler wrote:
<quoted text>
'
Archbishop Makarios, robed and bearded cleric who serves as President of Cyprus, has Byzantine talent for equitation .... His government deliberately provoked the clashes and is bent upon the extermination of Turkish population.
Robert H. Estabrooh Washington Post
16 - 2 - 1964
You have deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep psychological paranoia with a touch of disturbed twisted information that contributes to your overall unstable character and misery.
You can get help for that.
I know it's hard to make that phone call...but you must if you are ever going to have PEACE for the rest of your very short life.
zak

Lefkosía, Cyprus

#9 May 7, 2010
Well Emir My friend!!
You turks know all about genocide of course
You are the masters!!

Since: Sep 09

ISTANBUL

#10 May 7, 2010
Ahhh If the dogs's wishes and prayers were granted by the god there would be Bone showers in Greece and Armania&southern Cyprus:))).
Unfortunately there are very sunny and the tempratures are 29degrees celsius.
no bone raining dogs:))
lucozade

London, UK

#12 May 8, 2010
Democracy United States wrote:
OMG it is true that you are utterly clueless.
If this is how the greeks treat history, how can anything past of greek origin be trusted as truth.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm20...

It is thought that a family of seven Turks who disappeared from the village may be buried there. Their house was found burnt, and grenades had been dropped through the roof. Shallow graves had apparently been hurriedly scooped by a bulldozer. The bodies appeared to have been piled in two or three deep. All had been shot.

One man had his arms still tied behind his legs in a crouching position and had been shot through the head. A stomach injury indicated that a grenade may have been thrown into his lap..."

(Extract from a report in Daily Telegraph 14 January 1964.)

THEY ARE TURK-HUNTING

"Discussions start in London; in Cyprus, the terror continues. Right now we are witnessing the exodus of the Turks from their villages. Thousands of people abandoning homes, lands, herds; Greek terrorism is relentless. This time, the rhetoric of the Hellenes and the busts of Plato do not suffice to cover up barbaric and ferocious behaviours. At four o'clock in the afternoon, curfew is imposed on the Turkish villages. Threats, shootings and attempts of arson start as soon as it becomes dark. After the massacre of Christmas that spared neither women, nor children, it is difficult to put up any resistance. British vehicles are shuttling back and forth between the villages and Turkish Cypriot "ghettos". In Nicosia, an office for the more than 5,000 refugees is operating. On the walls of its rooms hang images depicting Turkish renaissance: a woman draped in a flag, Kemal Atatu­rk at the head of his victorious troops; and the families of peasants are arriving who require lodgings and food."

(Extract from a report by Giorgio Bocca, Il Giorno, 14 January 1964.)

You sir are truly retarded & a redneck inbred to boot.
lucozade

London, UK

#13 May 8, 2010
zak wrote:
Well Emir My friend!!
You turks know all about genocide of course
You are the masters!!
I'll take that as an admittion that you have conducted your own Genocide decades after the Armenian "genocide", which occurred in a time when life had much less meaning.Since then the most " civilized " cultures have conducted their own, Including the US & UK ,Spain France & Germany.
Only a complete and Utter C**T like you would overlook the massacre of 6 million + Jews.
lucozade

London, UK

#14 May 8, 2010
The Cypriot wrote:
<quoted text>
You have deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep psychological paranoia with a touch of disturbed twisted information that contributes to your overall unstable character and misery.
You can get help for that.
I know it's hard to make that phone call...but you must if you are ever going to have PEACE for the rest of your very short life.
The only thing i see is you trying to divert attention away from fact's with insult's.
Fail.
lucozade

London, UK

#15 May 8, 2010
ALL THE PERFUMES OF CYPRUS SHALL NEVER CLEANSE THOSE HANDS

"There are two kinds of assassin. The first, kills alone. His hands are red, therefore he is easily recognized. "Beast" they call him and he is led, somewhat rudely, to the guillotine or to forced labour. The second, remains aloof and watches people assassinate each other. He touches nothing, his hands are clean. Let one indignant witness speak of halting the carnage and white hands will look at him and say, severely, "Look after your own affairs". And he will put out his foot to trip him up. Only this second kind of assassination is worthy of consideration as a fine art.

Monsignor Makarios is a great artist. Each time that I see him on TV or in a newspaper, I admire his fine hands made for benediction and for prayer, his handsome looks sheltered by tabernacle-like eyelids barely allow the penetration of suave insensibility. Monsignor Makarios belongs more to the "Heavens" than to the earth, that is clearly visible. That is why he permits the Greeks to carry on the butchery in Cyprus. NATO wants to stop the bloodshed? "Halt. I am against it. In the holy name of our independence". The United Nations, then. "I agree, but be patient. We have time". Is not one master in his own home? And it is after all, a few corpses gained.

Mark you, Monsignor Makarios is Greek and Christian. The Greeks are fighting the Turks, 10 against one. In simple arithmetic, this must add up to nine corpses of infidels—men, women, children, it matters little—for one chosen of the good cause. Hence, the holy gaiety, at times irrepressible, of Monsignor. Last Saturday he was seen receiving journalists and laughing his head off during a whole minute. That day the corpses of the massacred Turks were piled up at the other edge of the Island.

Journalists know well the customs. They saluted Monsignor Makarios according to orthodoxy as "Your Beatitude". His Beatitude, sanctimoniously, was beaming. Here is a man who attains Paradise in all sweetness. He will arrive with his hands pure. And yet all the perfumes of Cyprus... yes, yes, all the perfumes of Cyprus shall never clean those hands".

(Extract (translation) from Le Canard Enchaine, Paris, 19 February 1964.)

"The Greeks are fighting the Turks, 10 against one"
lucozade

London, UK

#16 May 8, 2010
(Report of the UN Secretary-General, S/6569, 29 July 1965)

However, the "doctrine of necessity" cannot in law be relied upon to justify "the laws" of a "government" which had itself dismantled the Constitution, violated international agreements, and wrecked the bi-communal constitution, as a result of which an exclusively Greek Cypriot administration came into being. In 1964, in order to stop the violence, the UN Security Council was under pressure to introduce a UN force. To do so it treated the Greek Cypriot Government as if it was the constitutional government of Cyprus. This was a tragic error. Other states followed the UN in recognizing this illegitimate and illegal government. The human and political rights of the Turkish Cypriots, recognized in the 1960 treaties, have been ignored by the international community and must be restored if justice is to be done. International treatment of the Greek Cypriot administration as the legitimate Government of Cyprus for 40 years in complete disregard of facts and the rule of law is the only reason why a settlement has eluded Cyprus.

"Illegitimate & illegal government."

& they were not talking about the North.
mutual

Birmingham, UK

#17 May 10, 2010
y r u greeks in denial??? y dont u just admit starting all the troubles in cyprus which led to turkeys intervention?? if u did not start no shit, there would be no shit!!
The Cypriot

United States

#18 May 10, 2010
mutual wrote:
y r u greeks in denial??? y dont u just admit starting all the troubles in cyprus which led to turkeys intervention?? if u did not start no shit, there would be no shit!!
That is your standard answer to reflect responsibility.
Turkey has been planning an invasion for a long long long time....
Rhe stupid and criminal junta gave them the excuse.
It was all a plan......the only people that did not know anything of these plan were the Cypriots.
I believe GC are to take some responsibility....as well as the TC....The majority of the responsibility lies with Turkey and Greece.
mutual

Birmingham, UK

#19 Jun 3, 2010
there u go again living in denial and trying to point the finger of blame at someone else wen eoka and the greek goverment started all the troubles in cyprus!! if the greek people and greek goverment except and appolagies for the mass murders and ethnic clensing they commited on tcs from 1960 to 1974. only then some sort of solution will be reached in cyprus!! wen makarios took over as the president off cyprus in 1960, there was NEVER any peace for turkish cypriots, and greeks alike....but since the turks interveind in july 1974, there has bin peace for 36 years on the island and there presents there is assurance for everyone that there will always be peace, as long as they are there!!! and as i said before, if the greeks did not start no shit then there would be no shit!! dont mess with the turks cos they take no shit!!
John

Nicosia, Cyprus

#20 Jun 4, 2010
Emir Soler wrote:
Cyprus,the fanatic Greeks are gradually approaching to ethnic genocide of Turkish Cypriots
The Washington Post
17-02-1964
"There is no place in Cyprus for anyone who is not Greek, who does not think Greek and who does not constantly feel Greek" it was an indication of the evil awaiting the Turkish Cypriots.
Polykarpos Yorkadjis
Minister of Interior
Yes, heavily armed Turkish Cypriots, with the help of the Turkish military and British intelligence were being exterminated.

You people had more guns and the most advatangeous parts of the island and murdered and terrorised Cyprus, but you were being exterminated.

You killed many. This old story does not cut it any more.
Democracy United States

United States

#21 Jun 4, 2010
You Muslims in Cyprus are a minority there. Your a visitor there.

You wanted territory in Cyprus so you started your propaganda game slandering Cyprus and Greece left and right to cover up your dastardly actions of ethnic cleasing the Greek cypriots and taking their homes.

When your in a foreign country you respect the country your in.

Britain didn't have any right to draw up the constitution of Cyprus. It is illegal and a void document.

There will be war in Cyprus. Remember what I say -------

to give justice to the Hellenic Cypriots.
mutual

Birmingham, UK

#22 Jun 13, 2010
dont talk rubbish john!!!!!!!!! learn the facts and actual history from 1960 till 1974 intervention!!! dont get brainwashed by ur goverment and greek properganda!! open ur eyes and see the real truth like ur fellow countryman antonis angastionis!! theres pictures and video evidence to back up turkish storys of attrocities and ethnic clensing committed by greeks on turks!! greeks have NO evidence, just bullshit lies and twisted propoganda of supposidly turkish attrocities!!........in war men kill men and thats just the way it is but u greeks(greek army with eoka) use to walk into unarmed turkish cypriot villages and kill the men, old people, women and children of all ages!! thousands of tcs in mass graves found this way, again pics and video evidence to back these claims up and all in the presence of journalists from at least 15 countrys of the world!! and now greeks want cyprus to go back to being wot it was before 74??? so u can try and finish off wot u started?? u must be joking!!! since the arrival of turkish troops in 1974 theres bin peace on the island for everyone!!! greeks started all the troubles in cyprus and got SLAPPED all the way back to south cyprus in 74!! dont start no shit theyll be no shit!! next time greece or gcs start somthing, youll be crammin ur 1 million population into limassol!! dont mess with the turks and except facts and get on with ur lives and everything will be fine!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sylvania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary clinton IRS investigation 1 hr Norman VN 1
News Northwood's own 'Bridezilla': TV series feature... (Aug '08) Jul 17 Brandy Croak 95
if you like nafta.... Jul 12 El MayoZambada 2
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Toledo (May '15) Jul 11 Kaytlin 26
Nude kk Jul 11 MattT 1
Husbands on the DL Jul 8 Jason young 2
News Islam shares long tradition in Toledo area Jul 5 jim logan 3

Sylvania Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sylvania Mortgages