Principals may get more money

Principals may get more money

There are 2 comments on the Times-Journal story from May 29, 2008, titled Principals may get more money. In it, Times-Journal reports that:

The DeKalb County Board of Education Tuesday proposed a 3-percent pay raise for principals and an increase in travel pay despite pending budget cuts from the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-Journal.

Fed Up With The Media

Rainsville, AL

#1 May 30, 2008
Here the media goes again trying to make the DeKalb County School System the bad guys. What people need to know is principals didn't get a pay raise when teachers did for adding 5 student days to the calendar. Also, assistant principals who are 10 month employees were cut 5 of their summer work days to cover these student days. They only have 15 days to wrap up the school year and prepare for the new one. There is no way they can complete all the reports required by the state and federal governments, inventory books, prepare for the upcoming school year, and take care of the countless other jobs that must be completed. I'll guarantee if any non-education person walked in their shoes for one week they'd be demanding a huge pay raises for administrators. That's not to mention that principals' workloads have more than tripled in last few years or what they put up with during the year from some of the parents who think their precious little darlings do no wrong.
Horace Wimp

Fyffe, AL

#2 Jun 3, 2008
As I've stated before, the media rarely tells the whole story. While they are good at raising an issue, never trust them to tell the whole story - we all must research these "news" reports and find the truth ourselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sylvania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
not only is Henagar heartless but are they raci... (Apr '10) Jul 30 Beckyboop 7
Lawson family in Pisgah Apr '17 hakatee 1
Tyler Wiginton Mar '17 been played 1
Dallas Burt dba Home Tamers (Nov '11) Mar '17 jjohn 18
News Subtle (very) 'gay moment' in new Disney film g... Mar '17 Edio 1
cash express Feb '17 jackson 1
Does anyone know Joyce BARTROM or Robert Parks? (Feb '17) Feb '17 mlorida130 1

Sylvania Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance