Couple held in connection with car bu...

Couple held in connection with car burglaries

There are 9 comments on the Mobile Register story from Mar 20, 2008, titled Couple held in connection with car burglaries. In it, Mobile Register reports that:

“After observing the vehicle occupants go into a ... business, they would smash (its) windows and steal items that were visible from the outside”

A Boaz couple being held in an Etowah County jail in connection with a rash of vehicle break-ins and thefts in that county is wanted in DeKalb County on similar charges. via Mobile Register

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mobile Register.

million

United States

#1 Mar 21, 2008
I wonder if they were the ones that broke into our car at Sarah's restaurant in Walnut Grove around Christmas time. If so I am glad they are caught they have been doing this for a while now. Sorta funny they didn't do it here in Marshall county they would have been caught alot sooner. We have an awesome police department. They live in Boaz and did all the robbing in Dekalb and Etowah County. I sure would like to have my stuff back. I hate a thief!
Mike

United States

#2 Mar 21, 2008
We do have great law enforcement. Did you read about the guys who got life in prison in Albertville for selling meth? It was in the paper this morning. I say that is good enough for them.
candice

United States

#3 Mar 21, 2008
Read this mornings sand mountain reporter. K mart in Albertville was robbed and no one even knew it 31,000 dollars worth of jewelry was stolen, tell me how that could happen? Everytime you go in there you can never get anyone to help you with anything there is usually only one register open and no one in electronics or the jewelry dept. The paper says Mike Rice is on the case. I like to shop there b/c they are usually not real busy like Walmart, they are a little higher but it is faster than going to Walmart if you just want to pick up a few things.
million

United States

#4 Mar 26, 2008
Yes, well that is how they got away with it. NO ONE WAS WATCHING... For real, someone should always be watching the JEWELRY... Mike is on the case so you know it will be solved.
candice

United States

#5 Mar 27, 2008
I went in there today, the jewelry case was full. Do you think they may have recovered the "JEWEL'S"? The boxes looked pretty battered.
someone_elses_op inion

Fort Payne, AL

#6 Apr 28, 2008
you know what it actually is a very bad situation. What is even worse is that this kind of thing rarely gets exposure outside of the small rural town. Most of the people in these towns take from them or leave and get an education and never come back so you are left with a lot of manual labor jobs which is fine but a lot of times it allow the corp. or mill whatever you would like to classify them as to take advantage of the working person. How this all ties into meth., well I think that having a job that may not necessarily be the most interesting and possibly repetitive may lead to say someone taking or trying a drug that may put them on auto pilot or I guess make it seem that they are not really there... that is usually the reason for any drug use, it is an escape. The bad thing is that the majority of the people on it at one time had a job, lost the job and then began taking meth, which instead fixing the problem became the problem and then the rob stores. Stealing for necessity is wrong, no doubt. However it could definetly say something about society or the leaders or the people who should have been leaders. I know I know... it pains me to see or hear someone criticize a small town, be it they lived there at one time or not at all until they have taken steps to do something about it. I am no proponent of crime however I do feel that sometimes crimes if in large quantities of the same are a reflection of society or the citizens thereof or the leadership. I hope this makes some sense and is not just a rant.

“LIVE LOVE AND LAUGH”

Since: Apr 08

BOAZ

#7 Apr 28, 2008
I know Fyffe is a very small town but actually Albertville and Boaz are much larger. There are lots of jobs here, there is a bank nearly on every corner restaurants everywhere, the oulets, the state park, hotels, 2 super walmarts, anything anyone would want is here. I wouldn't consider Albertville or Boaz a small rural town maybe years ago but not now. If you go to college, you don't have to leave to find employment like in the rural areas.
someone_elses_op inion

Fort Payne, AL

#8 Apr 28, 2008
Gotcha... I am proud of you... but actually Boaz is no larger or any better off than any of the other smaller towns such as Fyffe. What is the unemployment rate there exactly...? BTW I am not from Fyffe either. I am just think it is ridiculous that people from Alabama a small rural state feel a need to feel like they are better than someone else. It is amusing that the poor try to keep down the poor. It is great to see that you have some pride in your town but to be honest just as you think Fyffe is a dot on the map to you.. Boaz is just a dot on the map to many where I grew up.

The point is instead of downing people we should try and build each other up because no town, no person is better than any other. Make sense to you?

“LIVE LOVE AND LAUGH”

Since: Apr 08

BOAZ

#9 Apr 28, 2008
I lived at chavies for a while pretty close to Fyffe.. I know what is there, I am not in no way putting down the area. I love our State and our town. I am sorry you took it that way, I am not a person that acts like I am better than anyone.There are poor and rich people everywhere, I am neither (poor or rich). I have a friend who is very well off who has everything and she never acts like she is better than anyone, sometimes people put down people for what they do have because of jealousy, it works both ways. We are all human beings ARE created by GOD...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sylvania Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Moore seeks to steer Alabama Senate race to soc... Dec '17 Red Crosse 6
Roy Moore, Bible Thumping Sex Offender accused... Nov '17 Concerned citizen... 2
He is out on the prowl Nov '17 Concerned citizen... 1
Sorry Oct '17 Petty 1
not only is Henagar heartless but are they raci... (Apr '10) Jul '17 Beckyboop 7
Lawson family in Pisgah (Apr '17) Apr '17 hakatee 1
Sylvania School's band director placed on admin... (May '15) May '15 daseage1965 2

Sylvania Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sylvania Mortgages