New York Pizzeria Sylvan Beach

Posted in the Sylvan Beach Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Local Yocal

Watertown, NY

#1 Mar 11, 2010
Why is the pizza Burnt or RAW all the time. They used to have great pizza.

Where can I get a good Pizza Pie. I'm Italian...

The menu features a wide variety of items, all screwed up to order.
Smokin

Watertown, NY

#2 Mar 11, 2010
Can't argue much with you on this one, vote with your wallet, go elsewhere.
Mike

Syracuse, NY

#3 Mar 12, 2010
This is terrible news, if true. Their pizza was the best in CNY by far. I raved about their pizza.
Jerome

Constantia, NY

#4 Mar 12, 2010
Their pizza tastes like burned toast. The kid that makes them is a coke head! He gets his dope from Joel. What do you expect?
Sara

Syracuse, NY

#5 Mar 12, 2010
Pizza - Yum Yucky from new york. Can't they just make a normal pie? They change all the time, never consistent.

The Wings taste like shaped crap.

{pizza King is not better).

And the price is ridiculous.
Old Timer

Syracuse, NY

#6 Mar 13, 2010
Cardboard

Since: Mar 10

Syracuse, NY

#7 Mar 17, 2010
They were the best piza when the old man was alive.
Dogman

Watertown, NY

#8 Mar 17, 2010
there pizza sucks because they have thin to no crust ,little sause and hardly any mozzarella. the vienna hotel must have gotten a new cook because the pizzas are awesome
luciano

United States

#9 Mar 20, 2010
i dont do coke and i dont get it from joel wtf are u talking about u dont want me to find you
WHAT THE HECK

Chittenango, NY

#10 Mar 20, 2010
Luciano, I don't care what you do on your free time. I've always found you personable when we came into the pizzeria. If this is really Luciano, I hope you will take into consideration what I am writing. We used to order pizza and wings ritually from you every Friday, for at least 10 years. Over the past 2 years, the quality of your food has plummeted. I don't know why things changed,but the pizza tastes unseasoned - very bland. It is impossible to get the wings the heat we desire, we always get mild. They are WAY TOO HOT for mild. We were then told to order extra mild, which we did. They are basically barbeque wings, which is not what we want. We enjoyed 8 years of consistently good food at your pizzeria, and can't understand what has happened. At first, we chalked it up to a "bad week" at the pizzeria. After a lot of weeks in a row, we started taking our business elsewhere. We like you, and Love Maria, but we found what we are looking for elsewhere. We occasionally stop in for a slice in hopes things have returned to normal, but they have not. Please look into the quality of your food. We miss you guys!
Joels DAD

Cicero, NY

#11 Mar 20, 2010
I don't do coke. I do pepsi.

Joel who lives @ the beach is a huge drug dealer, retired from the state, or something. Now all he does is blow.
Jerome

Constantia, NY

#12 Mar 20, 2010
Luciano is an ignorant coke head and a shitty cook! He tried to kick Joel's old ass last summer and got his clock cleaned.
Mobius

Watertown, NY

#13 Mar 21, 2010
Luc, the commentary from WTH should be given great gravity. Obviously she is not one of the mindless local idiots that are mad at the world. I used to get my pizza there as well, sorry no more. I used to love the smell of the place and the pizza was excellent. Find someone who is objective and ask them what is wrong, you may be too close to see it.
luciano

Syracuse, NY

#14 Mar 21, 2010
to do with the cooks and we've gone through alot of people trying to train them but its like too hard or something... i guess u just gotta take pride in your work to be in the food buisness is what ive found and people that come to work there just dont have that... we've also had alot of problems with the oven and it seems to change how it cooks pizza from time to time.. i would like to make you guys an offer... im very sorry that you've taken your buisness else where.. if you could find it in your hearts to order pizza again i would consider you order it on a friday because thats when im the one making the pizza if you want ask for me when u call and i'll make sure that the wings are to your likings im pretty good at making different sauces and if you explain how hot u want them i can make them just like how u want on other days i just deliever it... for jerome im not a ignorant coke head and a shitty cook.. i try and do what i can to the best of my ability im also still young and learning.. plus ive never faught joel or anyone as matter of fact i dont believe in violence in any way shape or form my dad taught me that.. also i know joel and hes never done anything bad to me so i have no reason to dislike him.. jerome i would really like to try and understand where and how u come up with this stuff.. im very confused about how u think of me when thats not how i am... my dad taught me everything i know and now that he's gone im trying to fill in the gaps myself of what he didn't teach me.. but i have the basis down and i have alot respect for anyone in my presence and or anyone who has a complaint about the food.. thats what im here for to finish something my father started which has taken care of the only family i have in this country please try and understand its not about fun for me as young and as much as i would like i go to work and i stay home with my fiance rarley do i go out anymore becuase of all the fights and bs that goes on.. i believe ive grown up quite fast after my dad past and had to learn alot really fast.. basically what im trying to say in a nut shell is work before play my friend and would it be too much to to ask you not to spread rumors around about me like that especially when i have a little sister and little brother who look up to me as a father figure and i just turned 25 they mean more to me than myself because of the last thing i heard my father say which was to my mom to take care of us like he would and to be there like he would for anything at all those were his last words and then i had to listen to his last breath..... im very family oriented because thats all i have when it comes down to it..please and thank you
luciano

Syracuse, NY

#15 Mar 21, 2010
mobius and wth we really haven't changed anything about how we make our pizza if anything it probaly has thats suppose to start my comment above sorry about that
Mobius

Watertown, NY

#16 Mar 21, 2010
Your response speaks very well of you; the issues that you bring up would be exactly what I suspect. I am sure that you are a great cook, your challenge of course is to motivate your subordinates to try an emulate your pride in your work. I was surprised to hear that you are 25; based on your maturity level I would have guessed older. I do not have any complaints about your food, I would say that it is somewhat inconsistent and the quality is not what I would expect from a place that specializes in pizza. You need to question yourself and your own operation and constantly strive for improvement. If your operation is "good enough" eventually you will fall behind the competition. I know of people that go to Pepis for pizza, I try to get them to stay but to no avail. Ask yourself what is different between you and Pepis and then work to close the gap. It will not help you if I show up and take you up on your offer, you need probably 200 families of loyal customers. I'll tell you what I will do, I will go in, try things out and then get back to you.
Scott

Cicero, NY

#17 Mar 21, 2010
Luciano, I'm going to give it another try. I really do miss the great pizza and wing sauce. Joe was your father, he had some of the best cheese, food wing sauce. Everything was consistent and the best. THE BEST!

I miss the old food. And will try again myself hoping it will be what I remembered.

I Miss the Food, and can't find anything similar to what you used to have anywhere.

I vote TRY again.
luciano

Syracuse, NY

#18 Mar 21, 2010
mobius i would like it if you came on a friday and u speak of 200 families but how it really works is u start with one person and the best advertising method is word of mouth so lets say if u went there and had a slice and it was good u would tell ur family it was good and then they would try and see for themselvs what im trying to say is that yes 200 families of loyal customers is what i should strive for but i strive for anyone whos hungry and walks in or orders food for me just knowing that your eating my food wether its one person or 200 people i feel as if i achieved something great for myself... people always wanna tip me and stuff but to me the tip is your eating the food and enjoying it
Scott

Cicero, NY

#19 Mar 21, 2010
Original consistent pizza from when Joe ran the place. THAT WAS THE AMAZING..

I MISS IT, want it back ASAP!!
luciano

Syracuse, NY

#20 Mar 21, 2010
thank you scott for speaking of my dad in that way he was the man and till this day he is the man in my mind there isn't a day that goes by i dont think about him and thank you for giving it another shot i would ask if you could come on a friday thats when im making the pizza and right now im trying to figure out what im gonna do for the summer im looking for talent its too hard to train people these days... all they are looking for is the cash in the end not the pride that it takes to make good food.. ill be looking for ya on friday and btw i eat pizza almost everyday still lol its so good and really u can't compare it to anything else... for all the times you've had bad pizza come and try a slice let me know it was u i was talking to and ill hook it up dont worry about it either just let me know how it was see ya around and thank you again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sylvan Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pigs (Feb '12) 7 hr Slamhog 13
Vienna mini Campground back in full swing 7 hr Campground Swings 1
Crazy Clam demolished Apr 27 Joe Ben 27
Y hill (Apr '15) Apr 26 paul 37
Randy Portner Apr 26 It wasntme 2
Becky johnson (Oct '13) Apr 12 Mike 30
News Vandals Arrested In Taberg (Mar '12) Apr 8 CHug 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sylvan Beach Mortgages