First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JoeBen

Camden, NY

#1 Jan 5, 2013
I asked Dave Stirpe to run for mayor but he will run for trustee. Bill S. will also run. If Rick Stewart doesn't win again I may be fired by a 3-2 vote of the new board. Who else is running against Stewart, Townsend and Horan? Please let me know so I can make you think I like you.
BenJoe

Camden, NY

#2 Jan 5, 2013
Clements and Sullivan will resign after the election to let the new mayor appoint his fire department buddies.
Dave

Camden, NY

#3 Jan 5, 2013
Expect Joe Benedict to be removed from his job as administrator but stay on with DPW.
Voter

Camden, NY

#4 Jan 5, 2013
Heard that Krueger and Angelone are running as a team with the independent party endorsement. He has enough money to campaign and win. See what he drives around in? Must be worth $100k
JoeBen II

Bronx, NY

#5 Jan 6, 2013
I heard that Lisha Suits and Dave Desantis are running for trustees. I heard that Scott Vineall is taking a shot at mayor.
BenJoe

Camden, NY

#6 Jan 6, 2013
That's great since they all live in Oneida!
Beach1984

Camden, NY

#7 Jan 6, 2013
JOE BEN and Steward 2013!!!
We NEED MORE improvements around EDDIES and HARPOONS for 2013!!!
Ronald

United States

#8 Jan 7, 2013
Who is Rick Steward? I've lived in the area my entire life.
JoeBen

Camden, NY

#9 Jan 7, 2013
Rick is your love child. Remember that night you got drunk at his bar and banged his grandma?
Ronald

Ontario, NY

#10 Jan 7, 2013
No I don't. That is just a stupid statement. If you want to be funny try harder. There is no Rick Steward in Sylvan Beach.
RonaldMcDonald

Camden, NY

#11 Jan 8, 2013
Mayor McCheese owns harpoon eddies. Grimace is the village idiot and dpw boss who gets free subs at delimart.
JoeBen XXIII

Carthage, NY

#12 Jan 9, 2013
Where was there any mention of a McCheese? I too would like to know who Rick Steward is.
Greg

Camden, NY

#13 Feb 19, 2013
Vote for Dave Townsend for mayor.
Phil Trombino

Carthage, NY

#14 Feb 20, 2013
You guys will have nothing but problems if you elect that idiot Townsend. Still no word who Rick Steward is
Greg

Camden, NY

#15 Feb 20, 2013
Vote for me for trustee.
Phil Trombino

Carthage, NY

#16 Feb 20, 2013
Ok. Who are you fake Greg? What's your real name?
Mike

Camden, NY

#17 Feb 20, 2013
Pieman is my name.
watch voting

Camden, NY

#18 Feb 24, 2013
everyone had better get out and vote on march 19 if dave gets voted in watch tis beach go in the hole

Since: Feb 13

Oneida, NY

#19 Feb 24, 2013
Yes!!! No Dave.
Monkey

Camden, NY

#20 Feb 24, 2013
TOWNSEND HAS A LONG HISTORY OF PLAYING GAMES TO GET HIS WAY. SHOULD HAVE ASKED SOMEONE WHO KNEW WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE BEING EMBARRASSED.

Townsend accuses Masucci of illegally carrying gun, State Police say "not true"
By PAT BAILEY
Story Created: Aug 16, 2010 at 4:06 PM EST
Story Updated: Sep 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM EST
ONEIDA COUNTY, N.Y.(WKTV)- Oneida County Sheriff candidate Dave Townsend says his opponent, Jim Masucci, has been carrying a gun without a permit.

Masucci says that is true, but that it is not illegal.

Jim Masucci became the Public Safety Commissioner in Rome, in 2005. Masucci said two years later, he was given a hand gun by the department.

Townsend says that because Masucci is not an actual police officer, he believes Masucci's gun was issued illegally.

"I don't care who gives it to you, if you don't have a permit you can not carry it. It is illegal," Townsend said. "It is mandatory jail time on a felony charge, which is three and a half to fifteen for possession of a loaded firearm."

Masucci, however, says that by law, he is safe. The Department of Criminal Justice Services can issue a gun to a civilian who used to be a police officer, Masucci said, referring to himself.

Masucci displayed his name as being on that department's list for obtaining a firearm legally because of his Public Safety Commissioner title.

New York State Police Captain Francis Coots says they were asked to look into the matter. Coots says the department did, and they believe Masucci's firearm is being possessed legally.

When contacted about the state police's determination, Dave Townsend says he still stands by his claim and he interprets the Department of Criminal Justice Services law differently.

"If I had to get a permit, I would have gladly gotten one," said Masucci. "But I don't own this gun. It was issued to me. If Mr. Townsend knew his facts, his laws, and policies, he would have known you can not get a permit or have a gun on a "C form" unless you own it."

Masucci says that despite having the gun for three years, he didn't carry it much, until recently. After the NBT Bank robbery in late July, he was the only one without a gun while police searched for suspect Brian Brown in a wooded area, Masucci said.

"I will now be armed 24/7." Masucci said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sylvan Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trailer park 9 min lisagroan 11
blacks in oneida 2 hr olw 7
AnotherJosyln 3 hr tmc 3
better bulk food shopping option? 10 hr CSA 2
rachelle Willams (Jun '14) Fri yea right 32
paradise cove campground (Mar '11) Fri JOHN 19
druggies of beach Apr 22 Joel 17
More from around the web

Sylvan Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE