Moving village vote to November suggested

Sep 13, 2012 Full story: The Post-Standard 145

I would like to thank all the residents of Sylvan Beach who took the time to sign the petition circulated by the Citizens Group seeking to give all of us the option to move the village elections from March to November.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
TomA

Camden, NY

#1 Sep 13, 2012
If Stewart, Clements or Sullivan vote against the change I will gather a group to run against them in the next election who will win by a landslide. And, the new administration will immediately replace several employees who need to be fired.
Ron El

Carthage, NY

#2 Sep 13, 2012
By a landslide huh? Yeah I bet that would happen. If you don't own a business in the beach you have no chance at anything. Good luck with your landslide.
JoeBen

Camden, NY

#3 Sep 14, 2012
I run the village no matter who gets elected.
The New Beach

Camden, NY

#4 Sep 16, 2012
Is it true that Tim McCormick was getting signatures and he does not live or vote here? Why does the election need to be moved?
Voter

Camden, NY

#5 Sep 23, 2012
Village clerk and administrator rigged the last election. That's why dimwit!
The New Beach

Camden, NY

#6 Sep 24, 2012
That is a crime! How did they do it?
Timbies

Camden, NY

#7 Sep 25, 2012
I heard they were moving it because 2 of the board members go to Florida in the winter and arent here for the election. Do they still get paid when they go away that long? What is the rule on that? That Tim Mcormik does seem to be in charge of moving the election. Does that make him a carpetbagger?
Mark

Camden, NY

#8 Sep 26, 2012
Im pretty sure that the guy in charge of it is a long time voting resident here.
long time voter

United States

#9 Sep 28, 2012
You people have no idea how a voting machine works it has counters on every line and a totalizer for all. You can't manipulate a manual totalizer to pick only the few votes needed to win, don't you think the count would be a lot farther off. Instead of jumping the idiot bandwagon with the rest. Why don't you people offer to help with issues like getting natural gas here or something other than picking on any employees who have to work under your microscope and according to you don't do anything right or anything at all.The beach looks better than it ever did, that's because of Joe And those employess you hate. Stay tuned I have more.
JoeBen

Camden, NY

#10 Sep 28, 2012
You have more on the guys I had to fire?
long time voter

Worcester, MA

#11 Sep 28, 2012
No. I have more to say about other issues.9394
Mark

Camden, NY

#12 Sep 28, 2012
What about Mkormick? If he does not live here he should mind his own damn bidness. Why is he in charge of the committee?
sandy shoes

Camden, NY

#13 Sep 28, 2012
who is this mccormick,why is he on any committee? when the beach is changed around enough to his liking will he then think enough of us here in the beach to actually vote here? really why do we tolerate him slapping us in the face, he obviously has his important concerns where he votes. where is that? maybe he should return there until the people of the beach are worthy of him. until then i dont think he should be involved in or heading anything. all us sylvan hillbillies dun autta git sum learnin for you consider us qualified fer yer vote huh.
JoeBen King Of Men

Moravia, NY

#14 Sep 28, 2012
McCormick gets tax dollars... but you didn't hear it from me ;)
Voter

Camden, NY

#15 Sep 30, 2012
Why do some of the workers need to be replaced? Who are we going to get?
John Klang

Camden, NY

#16 Sep 30, 2012
I don't get all the drama. My local taxes have been going down. Streets seem decent and stuff. What is the issue?
Voter

Camden, NY

#17 Sep 30, 2012
The issue is nepotism, favoritism and corruption.
Frank

Camden, NY

#18 Sep 30, 2012
Nepotism, favoritism and corruption. Can you give specific examples you have seen first hand? I tend to agree with John but I probably don't see everything going on around here. I know that my road is plowed when I go to work in the morning (and better than verona). The sewer on my street does not back up. My street light works and when I put a grass pile in front of my house they pick it up. I like walking on the lakefront and it looks good to me. What is it that the haters want? Did I miss something? I see all this nonsense in the paper that I don't remember before townsend went into office.
Voter

Camden, NY

#19 Sep 30, 2012
ROME, N.Y.(WKTV)- Republican Oneida County Sheriff Candidate Jim Masucci says his opponent in the September 14 primary, David Townsend, is using taxpayer dollars to advertise his run.

Masucci says two flyers were mailed out to residents in July stating what Townsend's political platform is. Masucci questioned the flyers, stating that if Townsend isn't seeking re-election to the Assembly, why does he need to advertise how he can help upstate. The flyers were mailed out from the Assembly.

"I just don't like the idea of wasting tax payer dollars," said Masucci. "That is what got us in this mess. I know that is commonplace in Albany. We don't need it here in Oneida County."

The flyers do not mention any political platforms about the Oneida County Sheriff's race.
Voter

Camden, NY

#20 Sep 30, 2012
ONEIDA COUNTY, N.Y.(WKTV)- Oneida County Sheriff candidate Dave Townsend says his opponent, Jim Masucci, has been carrying a gun without a permit.

Masucci says that is true, but that it is not illegal.

Jim Masucci became the Public Safety Commissioner in Rome, in 2005. Masucci said two years later, he was given a hand gun by the department.

Townsend says that because Masucci is not an actual police officer, he believes Masucci's gun was issued illegally.

"I don't care who gives it to you, if you don't have a permit you can not carry it. It is illegal," Townsend said. "It is mandatory jail time on a felony charge, which is three and a half to fifteen for possession of a loaded firearm."

Masucci, however, says that by law, he is safe. The Department of Criminal Justice Services can issue a gun to a civilian who used to be a police officer, Masucci said, referring to himself.

Masucci displayed his name as being on that department's list for obtaining a firearm legally because of his Public Safety Commissioner title.

New York State Police Captain Francis Coots says they were asked to look into the matter. Coots says the department did, and they believe Masucci's firearm is being possessed legally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sylvan Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wheres the crack cant find none (Jan '14) 6 min Haa 23
Randy Schwebe (Sep '13) 1 hr wondering 3
good food 1 hr Oneidian 10
Thompsons the WORST 6 hr Thompsons Lies 7
Pfohl's beachouse 10 hr Daft 32
Shack on 16th Ave Wed Cuse44 20
Social Security Disabilty Wed Capps 10
Sylvan Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web