Should the Sylvan Beach Fire Station ...

Should the Sylvan Beach Fire Station Siren go off every Noon?

Created by Mean Mr Maccatayda on Apr 19, 2010

149 votes

Click on an option to vote

Y:Joe Village's Lunch Break!

Y: I luv when dogs howl at it!

N:I HATE when dogs howl at it!

Y:Welfare Noon Wake-up Call!

N: I Jump when it goes off!

N:Confuses Volunteer Firemen!

Y:Taxed to Death>Have No Clock

Y:DailyTest For The Apocalypse

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bored

Syracuse, NY

#43 May 6, 2012
Well then you are what we call a nosy neighbor
really wrote:
Not moving on. Not as annoying as you are. I like to know what's going on.
Eagle Eye 7

Holland Patent, NY

#44 May 7, 2012
The horn is used to wakeup the unemployed, re: the whole town!
Phil

Buffalo, NY

#45 May 8, 2012
Sylvan Beach is not a town douche. So when all these people get it their cars in the am they aren't going to work? So a town with just over 5000 are all totally unemployed? Really? That's amazing. I know a lot of people who live and work within the town and village. I guess they are volunteering their time. Also if someone who puts their lives on the line to be a volunteer fireman the least they can do is let them wash their car. Good god how pathetic of a statement.
Terry

Buffalo, NY

#46 May 9, 2012
If washing a car is all they ask for in return than what's the big deal. Heck I'd wash their car for them for doing what they do.
Joe Sleestak

Syracuse, NY

#47 Sep 11, 2012
I don't know about Noon, but could someone remind Pee-Tee or his bike to take his finger off the siren button he left it running like what, over a minute straight tonite around 7pm... :(
Dickle

New York, NY

#48 Sep 12, 2012
You stupid heartless piece of shit it was for a 9/11 ceremony.
JoeBen

Syracuse, NY

#49 Sep 12, 2012
9/11 gets tax dollars
JoeBen

New York, NY

#50 Sep 12, 2012
People posing as me and taking my catch phrase do not get tax dollars
Snoop a loop

New York, NY

#51 Sep 12, 2012
Joe Sleestak wrote:
I don't know about Noon, but could someone remind Pee-Tee or his bike to take his finger off the siren button he left it running like what, over a minute straight tonite around 7pm...:(
How do you remind a bike to do something? A bike is not capable of doing anything more than being rode, just like Joe C's mom. How can a bike make a fire siren go off? Totally impossible. Your attempt at humor is lame.
Fug a jug

Syracuse, NY

#52 Sep 12, 2012
I've SEEN Pee-Tee actually talk to his bicycle. Don't get me wrong, Pee-Tee is a dense, but lovable(unless he's grabbin' gal's cabooses over @ The Legion. lol) character like Lenny from "Of Mice & Men": one of the Beach's most memorable.
As to the Siren going off long last night, yeah, I'm sure a lot of us were aware that it was 9/11, but shouldn't they have set it off at the time the first tower came down? Seems that would've been more appropriate...
Vigilante

Camden, NY

#53 Sep 17, 2012
Dogman wrote:
Before there were telephones and beepers and internet. there sirens to gather the staff of firefighters. there is no need for a siren it is more tradition..
The Fire Alarm goes on not off it is off right now..When it goes on you Hear It
haywood

New York, NY

#54 Sep 18, 2012
If u don't like to hear a fire whistle and would rather pay higher taxes for a paid department that doesn't have whistles then move into a city. You complaining about something that saves lives and saves you money. There obviously is no pleasing you.
todd c

New York, NY

#55 Sep 18, 2012
Deal with it or leave. Quit complaining about it. You sound like a little bitch.
CINDYLOUHOO

New York, NY

#56 Sep 18, 2012
firemen put their lives on the line to save the home or life of people they don't even know, it takes a special kind of person to do this! maybe some of you naysayers should volunteer!! put some local pride back into your lives.
Chuck Brady

United States

#57 Aug 15, 2013
Ever since I was little and my grandparents owned a camp there just around the corner. Anyways, I later joined the Fire Department to serve in Sylvan Beach. I vote Keep the siren. It serves many purposes in Sylvan beach. But, most of all at least it would work as a test to continue to keep everybody safe.
Chief

Camden, NY

#58 Sep 24, 2013
Yes yes
Janet

Camden, NY

#59 Apr 28, 2014
I can understand the siren going off if there is an emergency, but every day at noon is not necessary. we summer here every year and my grandson who lives in Rochester, and has autism, loves it here but because of the siren that he knows goes off every day at noon, he is afraid to come visit us. There must be other children or babies that it bothers and older folks or sick people that do not need to be woke up by an unnecessary siren.
Ted K

Ardsley, NY

#60 Apr 28, 2014
If you don't like it move. This is our beach and we hate out of towners trying to change our area. Amazing that he only gets scared at noon bur not when there is a 911 emergency. So odd.
Jeff

West Leyden, NY

#61 Apr 29, 2014
Stay out of our village you welfare tourist scum, we don't need or want in or area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sylvan Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Downtown Oneida 22 min Reality Check 16
Are there 2 "Jenn Motts" in this area? 58 min Anonymous 3
beach needs street performers 2 hr Phil Trombino 3
Slumlords 4 hr RiverRoad 1
Oneida = Sanctuary City? 5 hr Disrespectful 8
Dive Bars 10 hr Phil Trombino 4
Kealy Ryan (Jul '15) Thu Phil Trombino 17

Sylvan Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance