First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wtf

New Port Richey, FL

#1 Sep 6, 2009
what's the latest with the campers having to move their trailers for the winter??
DOGMAN

Westernville, NY

#2 Sep 7, 2009
It's not going to happen
Steve B

Syracuse, NY

#3 Sep 7, 2009
Will Happen if the campground to not comply then they will be shut down. Thats that, no decks, no docks.
Ted

AOL

#4 Sep 7, 2009
the campers believe it. Some are leaving this week..selling rigs..burning docks. Even if its extended, many are fed up with the rumors and ill will around there. Townsend offers no help!!
Steve B

Syracuse, NY

#5 Sep 7, 2009
The Campgrounds have to follow Local Laws, that were adopted from FEMA/DEC.

Some campgrounds that are unable to comply will be shut down.

So Make sure the owner of the Campgrounds are doing what they are supposed to be. Else please post on topix who is not.
Ted

AOL

#7 Sep 7, 2009
What are the campground owners supposed to be doing? All the campers know, is that they were told to pack it up and leave by Oct 1st a couple of weeks ago. This is a shameful way to treat people(many seniors) who have supported this community for many years in some cases. They cannot move or sell the additions etc. That everyone, including the Town, FEMA etc. let them erect. At the very least, they should have a reasonable amount of time to exit gracefully.
DOGMAN

Westernville, NY

#8 Sep 7, 2009
There is not one single home in Vienna that is code complient. What are you going to do? shut the whole town down ...
Steve B

Syracuse, NY

#9 Sep 7, 2009
Every home, must be in compliance as well, once the major problems with the campgrounds are done, the homes will be looked into. Town is will be in full compliance, and homeowners will have to follow the same rules. Sheds, structures, etc.

No one is being singled out, this change must happen town wide. Once all is done, we will all be in compliance with the local town laws and fema.
Beached

Altmar, NY

#10 Sep 7, 2009
It is impossible to get every structure in the town to be code compliant.
I believe that the town does bear some responsibility for looking the other way for so long even though it was a different administration.
DOGMAN

Westernville, NY

#11 Sep 8, 2009
Right next to the edgewater Campground there is a house. The owners recently abandoned the home and the doors are wide open and there are 20 stray cats running around .The town of vienna will do nothing about it. If they are so indulgently cleaning up the town then why when a person calls to meet with the codes person nobody ever shows up. these public officails days are very numbered its time to get rid of them all right now..
Local Soldier

Chongqing, China

#12 Sep 9, 2009
First of all I read the Daily Sentinel link article posted on topix. It there states that Paradise Cove has to move due to “Local Laws” and as Steve B points out, they are mad and created and or adopted by the town. The Final Say over this whole Campground issue is up to the town has always been up to the Town.

The Current administration is massacring the area. Steve B had a great point, that everyone will be NEXT. For example if the Campers who Camp at the campgrounds cannot have docks, nether anything stored near the water. The people in the area next to these campgrounds should not have anything next to the water as well. Any structures that were Built such as boat docks that have been renovated after 1983 must be destroyed as well.

I do agree that Paradise Cove and the innocent people camping there were allowed to go overboard, but they did no less then the residents in the area, and the time frame is so short. I called one of the local campgrounds to ask them and they ether do not know exactly what will happen or are hiding it, I think the owners are in the Dark as well about how and why this situation became so devastating.

Great Job Baker, Nate and your Group of Friends you hired into auction. Great Job, Just remember treat everyone Equal, when the decks come down, so should the people who live next to them, and so on. No Selective enforcing before an Election, put everyone into the ditch so everyone can climb out as an army and remove you and your cohorts in November 2009.

The way you approached this whole matter was ridiculous, and how last you Nate was Charging for Permits and inspections. What happens to these structures that were paid for? Now the down wants nothing do with them permits like this, that just last they adopted,. Sounds like the town is going to have to give a lot of money back to the campers who were allowed to build, Great Job Local Administration. That money is peoples local Tax Dollars, Amazing F!@# up, greed, and self-centeredness.

It’s a Local Law stated in the Daily Sentinel, you are the ones who have final say, you were the ones who had First Say. And now? Even though some things should have not been allowed, You the Local Government have gotten out of control and un-rational. This will and should effect everyone as a town, and the people of the town will fight back in the elections.

Hope you really enforce the removal on everyone, near/on the water? You have to, you should, besides elections are soon!

I wish I was there to Vote you out.
Great Job

Whitesboro, NY

#13 Sep 9, 2009
Local soldier I'll vote twice for you. Hey Nate, great job on you TEST. Boy are you a waste of taxpayer dollars. I was just wondering what you brough to the job from your business.I have a few questions for you. and NYS will do the talking.
DOGMAN

Westernville, NY

#14 Sep 10, 2009
the water ways are not regulated by the town of vienna and the town has absolutly no power to enforce any regulation near a water way or the oneida lake..if you get a code violation for a dock ..just take the ticket to a judge and the judge will throw it out ..i already won a case very similar to what you are explaining ..tell the town to go f@#$% themselfs!!!!
Just a Camper

Allentown, PA

#15 Sep 10, 2009
Seriously guys, think about this. Someone must want this land re-purposed for their own benefit. I get the whole flood plain thing here, but how many people even have flood insurance on their camper?(the homeowners in this case, that's another issue) However, is FEMA and the DEC telling everyone in CA that they must tear down their 200 million dollar homes because potentially they could be in the path of rampant fire? How about all the families living in trailers in the midwest? Must they build homes underground because their trailers cause an airborne hazard in a tornado? The East coast is a great one. Every one of those multi-million dollar expensive waterfront properties should come down because they could be destroyed every year in a hurricane. Flooding in the South? What would happen to New York City in a 100 year flood? Seriously there is no where in the 50 states safe from some type of natural disaster, but no federal agency will touch the ritzy locations because that's where the politicians who debate their budgets reside! I understand the fact that the bridges could be harmed by floating debris IF there is a 100 year flood, but come on, what a lame excuse. How many years have I been inconvenienced along with everyone else including permanent residents, because not ONE, but TWO of the local bridges are out and have yet to be repaired. Perhaps if I were a federal agency I would be more concerned about the safety of having major routes of traffic disrupted for years! I'm thinking for the people affected, that in itself could pose a HUGE safety hazard. So really, all of you politicians and federal agencies, tell everyone why you really want to shut down the town. Maybe you should just try eminent domain...it would probably work better.
wtf

New Port Richey, FL

#16 Sep 10, 2009
TOUCHE'
Just a Camper wrote:
Seriously guys, think about this. Someone must want this land re-purposed for their own benefit. I get the whole flood plain thing here, but how many people even have flood insurance on their camper?(the homeowners in this case, that's another issue) However, is FEMA and the DEC telling everyone in CA that they must tear down their 200 million dollar homes because potentially they could be in the path of rampant fire? How about all the families living in trailers in the midwest? Must they build homes underground because their trailers cause an airborne hazard in a tornado? The East coast is a great one. Every one of those multi-million dollar expensive waterfront properties should come down because they could be destroyed every year in a hurricane. Flooding in the South? What would happen to New York City in a 100 year flood? Seriously there is no where in the 50 states safe from some type of natural disaster, but no federal agency will touch the ritzy locations because that's where the politicians who debate their budgets reside! I understand the fact that the bridges could be harmed by floating debris IF there is a 100 year flood, but come on, what a lame excuse. How many years have I been inconvenienced along with everyone else including permanent residents, because not ONE, but TWO of the local bridges are out and have yet to be repaired. Perhaps if I were a federal agency I would be more concerned about the safety of having major routes of traffic disrupted for years! I'm thinking for the people affected, that in itself could pose a HUGE safety hazard. So really, all of you politicians and federal agencies, tell everyone why you really want to shut down the town. Maybe you should just try eminent domain...it would probably work better.
Steve B

Syracuse, NY

#17 Sep 10, 2009
Sylvan Beach will follow, its the town of vienna following State and Federal Laws, that has enforcing these issues, and will continue to, to make this area safe. Look at sylvan beach side, they are not following directions, but in time, next year all will change. The land is not for camping, the danger or loss for the area is to big.

You people are from florida and pa. So just stay there, this area does not want or need you. And we are happy to get rid of you.

Understand, and just go away.
Local Yocal

Carthage, NY

#18 Sep 11, 2009
I'll take the folks from FL,PA, Toronto, or Timbuctoo over Steve B any time! He's the one that needs to "understand and just go away" !Anybody with me on this?
DOGMAN

Westernville, NY

#19 Sep 11, 2009
Next year there will be alot of campers still here and each year after that forever and ever ..I have lived hear fifty years and i have never seen a flood.. there has never been a flood here ever in the history of record keeping. there has been a couple of times where we have experienced highwater levels but never enough to even reach the crazy clam and that building is on the water. show me proof of a flood in sylvanbeach and if you come up with the 1993 and 1978 high water that we had you are talking about (2) incidents of highwater in 40 years you f@#$% idiots and the water was not even high enough to reach the crazy clam you bunch of paronoid gooffy mother f!@#$ers.....
NorthBayGangsta

Westernville, NY

#20 Sep 11, 2009
I lived on the Lake in 1993 and my house did not get any water in it. but fish creek landing was flooded .
Just a Camper

Allentown, PA

#21 Sep 11, 2009
I've been camping on the lake for 20+ years now and as far as I can tell, the area seems to heavily rely on it's Summer "tourists." Tell me, if we all "go away and leave the area alone," how that would better the economy of your area?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sylvan Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tammy mahoney (Aug '13) 2 hr Pocahontas sister 947
Kristina Hopkins 2 hr Seriously Curious 43
Becs Haunted? 8 hr Phil Trombino 9
hotts and his gang 8 hr Phil Trombino 5
danny true hillary lohr (Aug '14) 13 hr ray 17
Katie snyder/wines 17 hr Phil Trombino 6
Two Men Arrested After Burglary Investigation I... Jun 25 maggot meat 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sylvan Beach Mortgages