Fish creek Fisherman

Altmar, NY

#1 May 20, 2011
What's going on there?
Very sad to hear about the owner passing away. What happened to him? I heard that he had Mad Cow disease.
Not funny

Bridgeport, NY

#2 May 21, 2011
Not funny he was a very nice man and an excellent cook/businessman, One of the best establishments in the area.

He passed away at 51 from cancer. Thats all I know. Didn't know him well, but I will miss The hotel if anything changes. Vienna Hotel will not be the same without him. That I will miss.
twinkle twinkle

United States

#3 May 21, 2011
I didn't know the owner of the Vienna Hotel but as I was reading his obit in the Rome Sentinel I was surprised to read he was only 51. He sounded like a very special man. My condolences to his family.
ripjim

Chittenango, NY

#4 May 6, 2012
just to let everyone know he was a great man! he died from throat cancer... god took him to early
ViennaHotel

Whitesboro, NY

#5 May 6, 2012
It was Vienna Hotel, and my condolences to all the family, he was a great man, the place still runs like a top even with him missing, but he honestly upped the game each and every year, making it better and better.
He is missed but everything is still runs like a clock due to him. Still the best place to eat, with great prices.
critter

Boston, MA

#6 Nov 29, 2012
Jimmy was a great guy as a friend and boss. He treated everyone as if they were family if he knew u or not. The new owner is just the same way..takes after jimmy in many ways. Rip jimmy we all love you and miss u dearly
hotel cafe

Camden, NY

#7 Jan 12, 2013
How is the Hotel doing now?
concerned neighbor

Camden, NY

#8 Jan 13, 2013
what was going there last night seen all the cops and fire rescue there around 12:30
Rick

Camden, NY

#9 Jan 13, 2013
we were celebrating the merger!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sylvan Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kealy Ryan (Jul '15) 47 min ROFL 15
News Methamphetamine Arrests In Sylvan Beach 48 min ROFL 5
Making a Crack Pipe out of Dollar General Supplies 1 hr Scott 4
Best Sylvan Beach Youtube 1 hr New York 8
Pat Duggleby 2 hr SixSixSix 8
Joe Ruley (Dec '14) 2 hr SixSixSix 62
News Police execute meth lab-related raid on Sylvan ... 2 hr Meth Mouth 20

Sylvan Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance