L..A .seeks injunction against San Fe...

L..A .seeks injunction against San Fers gang

There are 127 comments on the LA Daily News story from Apr 18, 2008, titled L..A .seeks injunction against San Fers gang. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

In a move to stamp out one of the San Fernando Valley's most notorious and violent gangs, the city on Thursday sought one of its most sprawling injunctions against the San Fers to curtail its influence in the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Nedly Mandingo

Covina, CA

#1 Apr 18, 2008
Spare me, they are making possessing drugs & weapons illegal ? Maybe they didn't know it already is illegal. this is more propaganda if they wanted to go after the gangs they would this is pure politics. Why is it they know where they all live to issue gang indictments but they can't seem to arrest them?
noid

Honolulu, HI

#2 Apr 18, 2008
what a bunch of dorks.
frank

Covina, CA

#3 Apr 18, 2008
City Councilman Alarcon, whose district includes this mexican gang slum, is just like the mechista mayor Villaraigosa, who keep protecting the illegal aliens from mexico, the illegal aliens are just adding to all the problems of the Los Angeles area. Time to start mass deporation of all the illegal aliens starting with gang memers and their families.

Alarcon and Villaraigosa are part of the problem, and will never be part of the solution. Time to get rid of the politicians who are pandering to the illegal aliens.
Stuck in the 3rd world

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Apr 18, 2008
The comment above is absolutely correct. The gang problem will never be resolved until all the illegal gang members are deported. Of course, Villar, Alarcon and Bratton are silent on this subject. They are too busy kissing up to all the illegals . This is just more propaganda to look as if they are doing something when it's just more of the same old same old.
ARH

Redmond, WA

#5 Apr 18, 2008
Let's hope this works. Gang violence is on the rise everywhere in Los Angeles county and its time to take a stand and show these gangs that they will be sent to jail.
Juanita

El Paso, TX

#6 Apr 18, 2008
The United States needs a strong force of military police- bring in the Chinese military to go door to door and check for documents....process the invaders....and ship them out. Line-up all these bald-headed migets with huge mustaches and tattoos of our lady of guadalupe on their backs and...POW!!!! shoot em dead....that's an absolute world
Voter

Stevenson Ranch, CA

#7 Apr 18, 2008
What ever happened to the chain gangs. Catch these low life suckers and have them fill sand bags in the desert with a 100lb weight strapped to their legs or send them to Iraq to clear land mines. Deport them the next day and tell ACLU to cross the border and get a green card. They rule becasue they have more rights than the POPE. SAD!!!!!!!
steve h

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#8 Apr 18, 2008
Perhaps the Recreation and Parks department should charge the San Fers the $30 per hour faciltiy use fee they charge other youth non profit groups like the Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts for their "meetings at the Sylamr Recreation center."

THe city needs the revenue.
Enrico Cash

Camarillo, CA

#9 Apr 18, 2008
Juanita wrote:
The United States needs a strong force of military police- bring in the Chinese military to go door to door and check for documents....process the invaders....and ship them out. Line-up all these bald-headed migets with huge mustaches and tattoos of our lady of guadalupe on their backs and...POW!!!! shoot em dead....that's an absolute world
I agree 100%. The Mexican gangbanger scambugs are every bit as much an enemy to us as Al Qaida. They should be hunted down and killed.
John B

Manhattan Beach, CA

#10 Apr 18, 2008
When there are no more jobs they will go home. when people quit supporting them and start turning in those who do, they will go home. When we vote out all Latino's with an agenda they will go home. But we should start with gangbangers and make their parents punishable for their acts!
Fed UP Citizen

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Apr 18, 2008
So Alarcon embraces this one injunction because some people in his district have complained, but also opposes the police being able to cooperate with ICE to deport illegal gangbangers, and opposes Zine's motion to allow cops to just question gang members for illegal status. That's why the gang members are running around with guns taunting the cops -- because Chief Bratton panders to the Mexican politicians, who pander to the pro-illegal, leftist factions.

80%ey of the worst gangs are illegals -- what are they doing to ID which of these gangbangers are illegals? What will they do, put them in jail -- give them a chance to network and put out "shot calls" on who to kill on the streets next, earning street cred?

This article reflects how the gangs control the schools -- kids as young as 8-10 become "foot soliders" selling drugs and "gathering info," intimidating and spreading fear and graffit. So now the city is going to spend more money on intervention programs for youth, while letting their role models and bosses, these vicious illegal gangbangers, roam freely, taunting the cops as well as residents.(While 'good" kids must pay to use the parks and school grounds for Little League and other sports. They have to become associated with gangs before the city throws money at them to "save: them -- penny wise, pound foolish.)

This is proof that SP40 doesn't work: the residents are far more afraid of the gangbangers roaming the streets than of the cops, who are being made fools of. No wonder they, through their union the Police Protective League, came out today against Bratton: the cops WANT to question gang members re: illegal status and cooperate with ICE to deport.
Luv

United States

#12 Apr 18, 2008
Antonio and all his compadres that are againsts the American Citizens are at fault, the Mayor and his La Raza and all the people that are in favor of the gang members and the Illegals, are putting Los Angeles at risk, we lost too many people already, not counting the rapist and robbers, ect, ect, by this mounsters !is he cares so very much for his OWN PEOPLE, why he doesn't move to Mexico !! Antonio did have a thick skin .
Just a thought
Bureaucratic Mess

Pasadena, CA

#13 Apr 18, 2008
People who join gangs are cowards who don't have the strength and courage to walk alone. So are union slugs.
John Pelligrini

United States

#14 Apr 18, 2008
Say it isn't so, our ex gang banger mayor said LA is as safe as it was in the 1950's, this guy is smoking something, I was living here in the 50'S, we had nothing like these vicious killers.
I propose the Mayor and the Chief, and the city council mentor these children.
The mayor , the potector that is all illegal, and immoral.
Bureaucratic Mess

Pasadena, CA

#15 Apr 18, 2008
John Pelligrini wrote:
Say it isn't so, our ex gang banger mayor said LA is as safe as it was in the 1950's, this guy is smoking something, I was living here in the 50'S, we had nothing like these vicious killers.
I propose the Mayor and the Chief, and the city council mentor these children.
The mayor , the potector that is all illegal, and immoral.
I propose that we ask the mayor to walk alone at about midnight for an hour one Saturday evening per month. Start in South Central one month, East LA the next, Sylmar the next, Palmdale the next, etc., to prove how confident he is that the city is as safe as it was in the 50s.
Somewhere in the Valley

Glendale, CA

#16 Apr 18, 2008
I am a former Female Gang Member/Drug Dealer and
Now a PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY! I could be your neighbor and you would not know it.
YOU ALL ARE TO QUICK TO CONDEMN especially those
of you noted below:
Juanita, gee that name sounds hispanic, Your thought and comment posted is similar to what HITLER did to the jewish people how about we put you in a death camp WHERE IS YOUR FRAME OF MIND you are a very poor excuse of a human how sad it is that there are still people in society that think like you. I'll pray for you. 3rd world and Frank -Monrovia political hum drums the Government you voted for them now deal with it. If I may remind you all that YOU ALL LIVE IN WHAT WAS ONCE MEXICO (SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA) and ENRICO CASH your COMMENT ALONE could be CONSTRUED as a CRIMINAL TERRORIST THREAT which is a PUNISHABLE CRIME That makes you NO BETTER than the gang member. As for your remarks that all Gang members are ILLEGAL wake up NO THEY ARE NOT.
NO One talks about the Arayan Brother Hood now do they or the KKK did you all forget about that?.
GANG MEMBERS exist because no one bothers to help them in school when their grades are low and are to embarrassed to ask the teacher/counselor for help, NO ONE notices and they go on to receiving F's in grades making them feel like a failure because quite frankly LAUSD is and always has been overcrowded therefore in its self creating
the Drop outs/Gang members and the new laws protecting children from a good spanking also known as corporal punishment don't help either, So when your children act up get in gangs and do what they want and scream at your face you can't hit me or i'll call the cops. Don't place blame on the politicians BLAME YOURSELF for this type of Law you voted for it.Frankly a good spank would prevent some children from straying into gangs. In the same token there should also be more programs for underacheiving/low self esteem children you all have branded as failures.
As for illegal aliens not all of them are bad most in fact just want a part of the "AMERICAN DREAM". THIS IS THE VISION OUR GOVERNMENT CREATED OF THE UNITED STATES. Your focus is misguided.
I am a former Gang member/Drug Dealer and you know what it has educated me in more ways than one. I have counseled kids in trouble when they come to find me they call me MOM . I have spoken hundreds of kids and have personally taken them under my wing, taken in and gave them a place to sleep because their parents threw them out, I fed them, let them shower because they had no one and nowhere to go but the streets. Children that parents did not understand nor wanted anything to do with or really talk to because they are gang members on drugs or both. I have touched many lives and I am proud. I lived in the city of San Fernando and my fiance is an EX San Fer gang member we are both productive now SOBER members of society. As members of society we all should talk and help our children not shun them. Don't blame the parents or families, you can blame them for not listening, loving or caring. If we all did our part you would have less Gang members.
As for the local Government in Los Angeles, there should be more counselors employed and deployed to these so called parks to talk and educate these
kids and steer them away from drugs and violence I for one would be willing so would my fiance.
Gang injunctions really dont help, it only makes
gang members more creative in meeting, it also causes anger against society and law enforcement itself you aren't offering any help you are creating a invisible cage. I suggest reaching out to these kids, don't judge a book by its cover
cause you don't know what is inside.Many of these kids have incredible talent and a bright indiviuals.. Alot of them are not illegal wake up people stop stereotyping.
Somewhere in the Valley

Glendale, CA

#17 Apr 18, 2008
Now a PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY! I could be your neighbor and you would not know it.
of you noted below:
Juanita, gee that name sounds hispanic, Your thought and comment posted is similar to what HITLER did to the jewish people how about we put you in a death camp WHERE IS YOUR FRAME OF MIND you are a very poor excuse of a human how sad it is that there are still people in society that think like you. I'll pray for you. 3rd world and Frank -Monrovia political hum drums the Government you voted for them now deal with it. If I may remind you all that YOU ALL LIVE IN WHAT WAS ONCE MEXICO (SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA) and ENRICO CASH your COMMENT ALONE could be CONSTRUED as a CRIMINAL TERRORIST THREAT which is a PUNISHABLE CRIME That makes you NO BETTER than the gang member. As for your remarks that all Gang members are ILLEGAL wake up NO THEY ARE NOT.
NO One talks about the Arayan Brother Hood now do they or the KKK did you all forget about that?.
GANG MEMBERS exist because no one bothers to help them in school when their grades are low and are to embarrassed to ask the teacher/counselor for help, NO ONE notices and they go on to receiving F's in grades making them feel like a failure because quite frankly LAUSD is and always has been overcrowded therefore in its self creating
the Drop outs/Gang members and the new laws protecting children from a good spanking also known as corporal punishment don't help either, So when your children act up get in gangs and do what they want and scream at your face you can't hit me or i'll call the cops. Don't place blame on the politicians BLAME YOURSELF for this type of Law you voted for it.Frankly a good spank would prevent some children from straying into gangs. In the same token there should also be more programs for underacheiving/low self esteem children you all have branded as failures.
As for illegal aliens not all of them are bad most in fact just want a part of the "AMERICAN DREAM". THIS IS THE VISION OUR GOVERNMENT CREATED OF THE UNITED STATES. Your focus is misguided.
I am a former Gang member/Drug Dealer and you know what it has educated me in more ways than one. I have counseled kids in trouble when they come to find me they call me MOM . I have spoken hundreds of kids and have personally taken them under my wing, taken in and gave them a place to sleep because their parents threw them out, I fed them, let them shower because they had no one and nowhere to go but the streets. Children that parents did not understand nor wanted anything to do with or really talk to because they are gang members on drugs or both. I have touched many lives and I am proud. I lived in the city of San Fernando and my fiance is an EX San Fer gang member we are both productive now SOBER members of society. As members of society we all should talk and help our children not shun them. Don't blame the parents or families, you can blame them for not listening, loving or caring. If we all did our part you would have less Gang members.
As for the local Government in Los Angeles, there should be more counselors employed and deployed to these so called parks to talk and educate these
kids and steer them away from drugs and violence I for one would be willing so would my fiance.
gang members more creative in meeting, it also causes anger against society and law enforcement itself you aren't offering any help you are creating a invisible cage. I suggest reaching out to these kids, don't judge a book by its cover
cause you don't know what is inside.Many of these kids have incredible talent and a bright indiviuals.. Alot of them are not illegal wake up people STOP STEREOTYPING.
Somewhere in the Valley

Glendale, CA

#18 Apr 18, 2008

of you noted below:
cause you don't know what is inside.Many of these kids have incredible talent and a bright indiviuals.. Alot of them are not illegal wake up people STOP STEREOTYPING.
James ex gang member

Glendale, CA

#19 Apr 18, 2008
RE: Somewhere in the Valley
You are right in more ways than one is the government listening or shall we say reading.
Luv

United States

#20 Apr 18, 2008
Juanita wrote:
I like your thinking, I feel the same way, my husband, myself and my whole family are very tired of this dilemma, I'm very sure that by May 1st all the Illegals and criminals are going to demostrate about their "rights" and the abuse, we all American Citizens are inflicting on them?? Antonio should be sent back from where he is come from, Mexico, he is still stupid and ignorant, he should be working against the Illegals!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sylmar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fox Moving & Storage, LLC (Sep '15) Tue oliviaB683 77
News Council to offer $50,000 reward for Sylmar shoo... (Oct '10) Aug 22 Pacoima Skater 7
News Help Needed To Identify Woman Whose Body Was Fo... Aug 21 Leslie 1
Pit Bull Rescue Tia Torres husband ex-convict a... (Oct '07) Aug 20 NC JULES 593
News Blue Cut Fire Grows To 18,000 Acres, Homes Dest... Aug 18 Joyce Guthrie 3
News Armenian organized crime grows more complex (Oct '10) Aug 17 Cinna Cinna Cinnamon 801
WE HATE MEXICANS IN North Hollywood, Kids hated... (Dec '12) Aug 16 hoodspins 21

Sylmar Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sylmar Mortgages