Somonauk Fire ballot question upheld

Somonauk Fire ballot question upheld

There are 8 comments on the Daily Chronicle story from Dec 30, 2011, titled Somonauk Fire ballot question upheld. In it, Daily Chronicle reports that:

SYCAMORE – An objection to a ballot question petition regarding the Somonauk Community Fire Protection District was denied Friday morning by the DeKalb County Electoral Board.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Chronicle.

Felix

Springfield, MO

#1 Jan 2, 2012
It sure is interesting that the Fire Chief's wifes best friend is one of the objectors to the petition. Isn't that a conflict of interest. Shouldn't he remain neutral on a issue like this. It is the citizens constitutional right to vote for thier representation.
jedi som

Effingham, IL

#2 Jan 4, 2012
Felix wrote:
It sure is interesting that the Fire Chief's wifes best friend is one of the objectors to the petition. Isn't that a conflict of interest. Shouldn't he remain neutral on a issue like this. It is the citizens constitutional right to vote for thier representation.
The chief's wife's best friend is a voter too! What about her citizens constituional right to vote for her representation!
Just A Thought

Seneca, IL

#3 Feb 15, 2012
I am sorry to say but, this objection is the best thing for that fire district and community as a whole. When we start to elect our trustees, rather than appointing them this is when things tend to turn very badly for communities and fire departments. I mean seriously look what happend in sandwich. That fire department was rocking that town, then when you got people in there that had no idea what the hell Fire was truly about it fell apart and now they have to strat back from square one to build what they once had.
I have alot of respect for Somonauk Fire and I always will. Thank you to the concerned citizens /voters that stood up to deny this horrible decision.
People have there differences and dont like certain other people and this is what the petiotn truly came down to. Someone thought they were done wrong and wants to change things just to be like a laughing in there face kind of thing. Standing by my statment "I, myself may not care for a certain trustee or certain personnel located at that department" But I will say this they ALL do a pretty damn good job doing what they do best.
Felix

Mount Prospect, IL

#4 Mar 13, 2012
It now appears that the fire district by way of Dick Meyer is putting out signs to vote no to the fire district elected trustee's referendum. That really makes me wonder why they would not be in favor of giving the tax payers a right to have elected officials. Are they hiding something?
Concerned

Princeton, IL

#5 Mar 19, 2012
I am proud of whoever did stand up and petition the ballot.Who are you, and how do you know who's best friend it is- you say you live in Des Plains? I signed it and I WISH I DIDN'T! I was lied to when a man came to my door. I was told the Fire department was going to raise my taxes, build a new station, and the people in were not doing their job. Now I find out otherwise. I also didn't like that whoever is spearheading this is hiding. Are they scared of showing their face? Are they ashamed of what they have done negative in the fire department? Why did these vote yes letters come in the paper with out a name on them? I personally feel someone is hiding and that makes me want to vote NO more now more than ever.
Concerned

Princeton, IL

#6 Mar 20, 2012
Well now we don't have to worry about this! The votes are in :)
Felix

Springfield, MO

#7 Apr 2, 2012
Listening to the stories being told around town it sounds like the trustees and the fire chief don't have a handle on what is going on at the fire barn. Good job to all of you who voted no.
Angela

Princeton, IL

#8 Apr 2, 2012
I just wish people would use their own name on here. I support the Somonauk Fire Department! If I listened to stories like you "Felix" then I would be in Jr. High like you. GROW UP and stop spreading rumors. You lost the vote so grow up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sycamore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kari Mika Aug '16 Ann 1
This town sucks Aug '16 Sos 4
News Chicago man pleads not guilty to sex abuse, chi... (Aug '15) Aug '16 Tatiana Hernandez 2
How can i tell if a girl likes anal sex? (Jan '11) Jul '16 sister Pendulous ... 21
News Two Sycamore teens face charges after string of... Jul '16 sister Pendulous ... 2
What kind of town is Claire Jul '16 sister Pendulous ... 1
News June 4 police reports Jun '16 shame on yoo 3

Sycamore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sycamore Mortgages