Police Blotter

There are 18 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 16, 2009, titled Police Blotter. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Two people were killed Friday afternoon when a motorcycle and a cement-mixer truck crashed on Route 209 in the village of Sciota, Hamilton Township, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Oh snap

AOL

#3 May 16, 2009
Yeah, a helmet really would've helped in a collision with a cement truck. You are a moron.
Mike

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 May 16, 2009
Did the call change the story? I don't see anything about helmets. Cement truck, helmet, mototcycle. Uh, don't think helmets (if they were not wearing) would help much.
John

Allentown, PA

#6 May 16, 2009
What is wrong with you people.
God rest their souls. Their was an accident and two lives were lost.
Ya THINK

United States

#7 May 16, 2009
Safe Rider wrote:
Once again, these selfish and irresponsible losers choose to exercise their "rights" and not wear a helmet and...SURPRISE...they are DEAD!
What kind of a fool would not not where a helmet? Obviously a dead fool, like these two idiots.
I have NO SYMPATHY for people who ignore reality and KILL themselves. They got exactly what they deserve!
Good riddance!
D. I. C. K!!!!
The right to choose was theirs. No one gives a crap if you wear one or not, what business is it of yours if they wore one? Take your little Honda and have a safe day!

“"two wings of the same bird"”

Since: May 09

Home..... is where the ammo is

#8 May 16, 2009
Safe Rider wrote:
The were not wearing helmets!!!!!
http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/st...
http://www.eveningsun.com/ci_12382803
http://www.timesleader.com/news/ap...
I am not mad at you (Oh snap). I am furious at these two selfish scums who think they are invincible and that it makes sense to ride without a helmet.
Just think...this time yesterday they were alive, enjoying life. This single act of foolish irresponsibility changed their lives--and the life of those that loved them--FOREVER! How fair is that?
Good riddance!
You are an uninformed idiot! If you knew anything about motorcycle safety you would know that in ANY accident at over twenty five miles per hour that almost all safety helmets are ineffective. Losers like yourself should wear a helmet at all times to keep from hurting yourself. By the way, with seatbelts and other safety equipment in todays cars, a safety helmet would be almost 70% effective in saving you in an automobile accident. I say lets MANDATE helmets where they will be most effective, motorcycles are not such a place, cars are.

#9 May 16, 2009
My condolances to yet another pair of riders who were killed by yet another idiot who should not ever drive again.

To anyone reading these comments, if you are a concerned person or a rider of any type of motorcycle you should join ABATE. We need to all get to our elected officials as a large group and demand that these people who constantly disregard smaller vehicles are prosecuted and lose their privilege to drive for a long time. Failing to yield IS NOT A PUNISHMENT! Mothers Against Drunk Drivers did it, now it is our turn.
Oh snap

Emmaus, PA

#10 May 16, 2009
HADENOUGH LEHIGH VALLEY wrote:
My condolances to yet another pair of riders who were killed by yet another idiot who should not ever drive again.
To anyone reading these comments, if you are a concerned person or a rider of any type of motorcycle you should join ABATE. We need to all get to our elected officials as a large group and demand that these people who constantly disregard smaller vehicles are prosecuted and lose their privilege to drive for a long time. Failing to yield IS NOT A PUNISHMENT! Mothers Against Drunk Drivers did it, now it is our turn.
You're absolutely right. I will be supporting my local ABATE chapter. It's sickening reading about all these accidents due to irresponsible, negligent drivers.
jerry nalcrest fla

Livingston, TN

#11 May 16, 2009
Safe Rider wrote:
Once again, these selfish and irresponsible losers choose to exercise their "rights" and not wear a helmet and...SURPRISE...they are DEAD!
What kind of a fool would not not where a helmet? Obviously a dead fool, like these two idiots.
I have NO SYMPATHY for people who ignore reality and KILL themselves. They got exactly what they deserve!
Good riddance!
Can't print or find the words for what i'd like to reply to this jerk. I think that he's so ignorant that he just wants attention to him/herself. a.hole!!

Since: Apr 09

Bethlehem, PA

#12 May 16, 2009
Safe Rider wrote:
The were not wearing helmets!!!!!
http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/ap/news/st...
http://www.eveningsun.com/ci_12382803
http://www.timesleader.com/news/ap...
I am not mad at you (Oh snap). I am furious at these two selfish scums who think they are invincible and that it makes sense to ride without a helmet.
Just think...this time yesterday they were alive, enjoying life. This single act of foolish irresponsibility changed their lives--and the life of those that loved them--FOREVER! How fair is that?
Good riddance!
How stupid can you be? Obviously VERY stupid. You've proven that.

Helemts or not, these two people would still be dead. You want to blame someone? Blame the driver of the cement truck who turned IN FRONT of the bikers.

God, its idiots like you who are the ones who should become road pizza.

Bethlehem, PA

#13 May 16, 2009
Deepest condolences to the family and friends of this couple. Sadly, motorcyclists are injured mostly due to vehicles coming into their lane. Summer is here, people. Please be aware that motorcyclists are out and we are riding. And, please... Enough of the "I didn't see him" excuses. That is nothing but a lame escape. If a driver did not see a motorcyclist, then that driver is obviously NOT paying attention to the road or surroundings and should NOT be on the road.

“Here's looking at ya!”

Since: Jul 07

State College, PA

#14 May 16, 2009
Thank you for telling us about ABATE.
Found the local chapter....

Meetings are held at: Grumpy's Bar-B-Que Roadhouse
3000 Mauch Chunk Road - Allentown, PA

1st Saturday of every month @ 10:30 AM.

#15 May 16, 2009
Great bunch of people in the LV chapter too.

To anyone else interested in what ABATE is all about, here is a link to the State website to look for the local chapter in your area, if you are in PA anyway.

http://www.abatepa.org/
Tigereyes

Blairstown, NJ

#16 May 16, 2009
To all the idiots who are so insensitive and unsympathetic to the 2 lives lost yesterday in such a terrible accident... I have news for you, i live on the street they died on...i saw the accident up close and personal. a helmet WOULD NOT have saved them considering there were body parts laying in the road. How you can be so cruel to say good riddance to anyone dying is beyond me. Maybe what this world needs is a little less people like you in it. If that were your son or daughter how would you like it if people were saying good riddance to irresponsible idiots? You morons need a reality check and to come off your high throne you think you are on. They are called accidents for a reason.
What a wonderful world

Macungie, PA

#17 May 17, 2009
I know you were just trying to prove a point, but honestly, I don't really think this couples friends and family want to read about body parts all over the road. Try choosing some better words next time. Remember that friends and family members do read these posts.
Tigereyes wrote:
To all the idiots who are so insensitive and unsympathetic to the 2 lives lost yesterday in such a terrible accident... I have news for you, i live on the street they died on...i saw the accident up close and personal. a helmet WOULD NOT have saved them considering there were body parts laying in the road. How you can be so cruel to say good riddance to anyone dying is beyond me. Maybe what this world needs is a little less people like you in it. If that were your son or daughter how would you like it if people were saying good riddance to irresponsible idiots? You morons need a reality check and to come off your high throne you think you are on. They are called accidents for a reason.
john

Sliedrecht, Netherlands

#18 May 17, 2009
Tarnished Sheba wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for telling us about ABATE.
Found the local chapter....
Meetings are held at: Grumpy's Bar-B-Que Roadhouse
3000 Mauch Chunk Road - Allentown, PA
1st Saturday of every month @ 10:30 AM.
Sounds like Harleys at the bar. That's the best you could do?

Tobyhanna, PA

#19 May 17, 2009
<quoted text>f you knew anything about motorcycle safety you would know that in ANY accident at over twenty five miles per hour that almost all safety helmets are ineffective.
Clearly a complete fabrication. This is the reason I don't usually engage with fools like yourself. For some strange reason you tell yourself lies and believe and repeat them like they are real.
one of the locals

United States

#20 May 18, 2009
Please people!!! Stop the craziness!! Two GREAT people lost their lives and two children lost their parents. "Safe Rider"...go somewhere else and leave comments! Leave these wonderful people alone to rest in peace and let their loved ones mourn! I think you may look at things differently if this was your loved one! I see you commenting on these people out for a ride but not the person...who went into THEIR LANE OF TRAVEL!!! So...please go else where and let them REST IN PEACE!!!

Bethlehem, PA

#21 May 18, 2009
one of the locals wrote:
Please people!!! Stop the craziness!! Two GREAT people lost their lives and two children lost their parents. "Safe Rider"...go somewhere else and leave comments! Leave these wonderful people alone to rest in peace and let their loved ones mourn! I think you may look at things differently if this was your loved one! I see you commenting on these people out for a ride but not the person...who went into THEIR LANE OF TRAVEL!!! So...please go else where and let them REST IN PEACE!!!
Amen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Swiftwater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Write to Know: Does anyone remember Manitou Cot... (Aug '08) Nov 3 Alan Ford 91
Chrysler Cirrus for sale, great for mechanic or... Sep '17 Jensilver7 1
Self river tube route?! Jul '17 Chasetperkins 1
Heather bridal buddy (May '17) May '17 Kentuckian 1
News Missing woman may be at 'special risk of harm o... (May '17) May '17 Holy Yowser 2
buck hill inn??? (Dec '07) May '17 Holy Yowser 4
News Diary of a Barrett Summer, 1894 (May '10) Feb '17 Matt 2

Swiftwater Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Swiftwater Mortgages