Karma catches up to you

United States

#1 May 16, 2010
When I heard this guy was representing a child molester I was horrified. Doesn't he have kids? I don't hear much about legal issues in sweetwater. Does John young always take cases representing scum bags?
2 Sweetwater moms

Sweetwater, TX

#2 May 17, 2010
Yes he does
swater lady

Sweetwater, TX

#3 May 18, 2010
John is a criminal defense attorney...that's what he does. Of course, many of his clients are going to be scum bags, but someone has to represent them. If I were having criminal issues, John is the one I'd call!
Mustang pride

United States

#4 May 18, 2010
yeah well its a different story when he said in the abilene reporter the victim was around 15 or 16... If that is true, that is the same
age of his son! How would he feel if it were his kid. You would think it would hit a little close to home for him, but I guess not. It seems that everyone here in sweetwater got a bad vibe from Mr. Burns, so I am sure john young and his family did as well. Thats not important to him though. It takes a scum bag to represent a scum bag. Apparently what matters to him is publicity and money, not justice. I can only hope to god that this doesn't happen to his kid but if it did, I know damn sure he wouldn't represent the fat fuck. I agree everyone has the right to an attorney. But clay could have found someone outside the community, rather than rubbing it in the victim and his families face.
hometown honey

Big Spring, TX

#5 May 18, 2010
i totally agree with mustang pride! sure someone has to represent these scumbags, but REALLY? this is hitting way too close to home for him to be doing this.
Lifetime Citizen

United States

#6 May 18, 2010
I understand that society will always have the right to an attorney. Furthermore, this does mean that even child molesters do have to be represented. On that note, I would like to mention that I have lived in Sweetwater my entire life and know for a fact that Mr. Young was close friends to the family of the victim. While the obvious answer to your question, does he always represent scumbags, is yes, I feel a better question to answer is if he, himself, is a scumbag? My answer, along with presumably many others, is, of course, yes. This is the same attorney who represented the man from San Angelo accused of polygamy with minor aged girls. While his lack of skills is apparent in his dismissal from the case, his lack of morality is also evident in that he himself had an 11 year old daughter. How would he feel if that was his little girl? More so, Mr. Young stated in the Abilene Reporter News that the victim of Mr. Burn's sexual assault was 15 or 16 years old. Coincidentally, he also has a 16 year old son. How would he feel if it would have been his son who was stripped of his innocence and childhood? As a person who has the capacity to feel empathy and compassion for others, I simply feel utter sorrow for this man and hope no ill for his family. I can not even begin to fathom how anyone could know the child who was sexually assaulted on a close family relationship basis and still defend the man who did these unthinkable acts. What kind of person are you? Better yet, what kind of "friend" are you? To sum up my feelings regarding Mr. Young, I will state the obvious: go find a moral code and realize that money is not the most important thing in the world, nor publicity or fame.
Go Easy

Abilene, TX

#7 May 18, 2010
What I see here is people offering the proof that neither Young or his client can get a fair trial in Nolan County. The result being a change of venue for the trial.
hometown honey

Big Spring, TX

#8 May 18, 2010
You have just hit the nail on the head! You are absolutely correct in everything you have written. Also, if you will remember a few years back, he defended another coach that was sent to prison for molesting young girls while the man was their PE coach! Better yet, the girls that were molested are only 1 or 2 years older than his daughter and even one the same age. You are right in saying no ill towards his family and I couldn't agree more with that fact. I realize that everyone deserves someone to represent them, but sometimes you need to have some moral issues.
Lifetime Citizen wrote:
I understand that society will always have the right to an attorney. Furthermore, this does mean that even child molesters do have to be represented. On that note, I would like to mention that I have lived in Sweetwater my entire life and know for a fact that Mr. Young was close friends to the family of the victim. While the obvious answer to your question, does he always represent scumbags, is yes, I feel a better question to answer is if he, himself, is a scumbag? My answer, along with presumably many others, is, of course, yes. This is the same attorney who represented the man from San Angelo accused of polygamy with minor aged girls. While his lack of skills is apparent in his dismissal from the case, his lack of morality is also evident in that he himself had an 11 year old daughter. How would he feel if that was his little girl? More so, Mr. Young stated in the Abilene Reporter News that the victim of Mr. Burn's sexual assault was 15 or 16 years old. Coincidentally, he also has a 16 year old son. How would he feel if it would have been his son who was stripped of his innocence and childhood? As a person who has the capacity to feel empathy and compassion for others, I simply feel utter sorrow for this man and hope no ill for his family. I can not even begin to fathom how anyone could know the child who was sexually assaulted on a close family relationship basis and still defend the man who did these unthinkable acts. What kind of person are you? Better yet, what kind of "friend" are you? To sum up my feelings regarding Mr. Young, I will state the obvious: go find a moral code and realize that money is not the most important thing in the world, nor publicity or fame.
How about some justice

United States

#9 May 18, 2010
Go Easy wrote:
What I see here is people offering the proof that neither Young or his client can get a fair trial in Nolan County. The result being a change of venue for the trial.
what I see here is that you are taking the side of child molester.Who in their right mind would want someone to "go easy" on a child molester. Having said that, regaurdless of where the trial is, it doesn't change the nightmare and reality of what happened to that poor kid. No matter where the trial is, It happened and justice will be served.
Go Easy

Abilene, TX

#10 May 19, 2010
How about some justice wrote:
<quoted text>
what I see here is that you are taking the side of child molester.Who in their right mind would want someone to "go easy" on a child molester. Having said that, regaurdless of where the trial is, it doesn't change the nightmare and reality of what happened to that poor kid. No matter where the trial is, It happened and justice will be served.
You do not see well. I am not taking the side of a child molester. I think justice will be served if the person is tried in Nolan County. My point was that you should not give reason to have the trial moved. You are probably right that justice could be served any place. Why go to the extra expense when it can be done at home.
The Authority

Abilene, TX

#11 Jun 10, 2010
It's a bad deal all around. Clay certainly has the right to be represented, and with what he's being charged with, would be wise to do so. As for John, he's a lawyer, and you want to talk morals? Have you ever known one with any? If so, I'll bet they're not successful. Nonetheless, John has done nothing wrong here. It's tough being Sweetwater is a close net community and small at that, but still, John is simply doing his job like it or not. As far as change of venue goes, John would be an idiot not to ask for one. Most of all, it's tough for the victim (s) and their families. I wish them all peace. There's a whole lot about our laws need fixin! PEace
joker

Abilene, TX

#12 Jun 15, 2010
hanging john........you hire him you hang.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sweetwater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DQ in Sweetwater. (Jun '12) Mar 7 Lancer 14
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb '15 Ronin Kannushi 778
Looking for house to rent Feb '15 moving 1
Debate: Marijuana - Sweetwater, TX (Aug '10) Feb '15 jack fabian salas 58
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb '15 Farts 614
The Roby Banner Jan '15 rondaarrasmith 1
Trent,Tx Genuine Hospitality Jan '15 robb67 1
Sweetwater Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sweetwater People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]