Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#64241 Jan 30, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I have God as my moral compass!
RA thanks you.
Really Sassy

United States

#64242 Jan 30, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
Sassy, where is your formal apology for posting a leftist fabricated news story about the Sandy Hook parent being heckled? I was listening to Fox and heard the story. I then searched for the link and found it on one of your favorite sources, yahoo. The entire video shows that the man ask for a response from the people and waited for one. Then the lawmaker chastised them for answering.

http://news.yahoo.com/bogus-news-story-sandy-...

We are waiting for your apology and admission that your "reliable news sources" are not always so.
She will never admit being wrong. Her yahoo and rawstory links are about as reliable as the Enquiror
Really Sassy

United States

#64243 Jan 30, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>The morales for a lot of people went out years ago along with GOD! When you have religion and GOD you have a morale compass to go by.
Yea and it's been made clear where God stands in the current Administration.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64244 Jan 30, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
She will never admit being wrong. Her yahoo and rawstory links are about as reliable as the Enquiror
By that are you referring to The National Enquirer? The initial - and for a time only - publication that correctly reported John Edward's illegitimate child?
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64245 Jan 30, 2013
What?!?! A governor actually wanting to return the people's money to those who earned it? Plus, a Republican governor wanting to utilize money already set aside for infrastructure???

Texas Governor Rick Perry on Tuesday called for returning excess tax money to taxpayers and tapping the state's rainy-day fund for water and transportation infrastructure.

Perry, 62, the longest-serving governor in the nation at just over 12 years, touted the success of Texas in creating jobs and luring companies to the state.

The Republican called for changing the constitution of the state, the nation's second most populous, to allow the return of tax money to the people who paid it when the state brings in more than needed.

"We've never bought into the notion that if you collect more, you need to spend more," Perry said
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64246 Jan 30, 2013
NDAA Nullification: Tennessee Bills Propose Kidnapping Charges for Federal Agents

State and local resistance to the detention provisions contained in the National Defense Authorization Act continues to grow, rapidly emerging as a nationwide movement.

The Tennessee legislature will consider HB1629 and SB2669 in the 2012 session. The legislation would effectively nullify the detention provisions in the NDAA and would also require federal agents making an arrest in the Volunteer State for any reason to first obtain written permission from the county sheriff.

This bill declares that any federal law purporting to require local or state law enforcement agencies to act at the direction of the federal government or the United States military is beyond the authority granted to the federal government pursuant to the United States Constitution, is not recognized by this state, is specifically rejected by this state and is declared to be invalid in this state. This bill further declares that any federal law purporting to give federal agents or employees, including any members of the United States military, the authority of any state or local law enforcement agency of this state, without the express permission of this state, is beyond the authority granted to the federal government pursuant to the United States Constitution, is not recognized by this state, is specifically rejected by this state, and is declared to be invalid in this state.

The act takes aim at indefinite detention provisions in the NDAA. Tenth Amendment Center communications director Mike Maharrey called language in the NDAA vague and overbroad, pointing out that Americans should never simply trust in the good intentions and moral clarity of the president or federal judges to protect their rights.

The Tennessee bill also “makes it a Class E felony for any official, agent, or employee of the United States government to enforce or attempt to enforce any federal law, order, rule or regulation that is beyond the authority granted to the federal government pursuant to the United States Constitution,” and includes provisions for kidnapping charges if a federal agent were to detain a U.S. citizen in Tennessee under the NDAA.

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2012/02/05/ndaa-n...
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#64247 Jan 30, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
By that are you referring to The National Enquirer? The initial - and for a time only - publication that correctly reported John Edward's illegitimate child?
The National Enquirer has more credibility than the NYT, LA Times, and the WASH Post together.

Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#64249 Jan 30, 2013
The U.S.S. Gardian runs aground on a reef in the waters off P.I. She will have to be cut up. The skipper will be discharged. She was using a digital chart provided by "National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency". Which showed the reef some 8 nautical away.
Back in 2000' the U.S.S. LaMoure County ran into South America itself(bad weather, fog, ect.)her skipper was discharged. The ship was so badly damaged she was used as target pratice. She was using a chart provided by the same agency.
The agency has since made 2 corrections.
I believe this agency should do a complete edit of all the charts, or do our ships have to find the errors themselves.
Am I asking to much?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#64250 Jan 30, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
No really, I voted for Kennedy and Clinton the second time only. WHY? because he switched directions and became a moderate which is where the country should be. When one group or the other move the ball too far to the right (reagan) or too far to the left (obama), it hurts the entire country as a whole. I know you want to see Gay marriage, etc. It is fine with me. They have to answer to GOD not me. But if one of the sob puts his hand on me, I'll break it off. Understand. NOOOOOOO NO NOOO we don't want to get into this! I can almost bet you never voted for a repub. because you are too far liberal.
If you long to live somewhere that homosexuality is actually illegal, perhaps you should move to those more moral countries like Iran or Uganda.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#64251 Jan 30, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
The National Enquirer has more credibility than the NYT, LA Times, and the WASH Post together.
Yeah...

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal: GOP must stop being ‘stupid party’

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-01-24...

“We’ve got to stop being the stupid party. It’s time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults,” he said.“We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I’m here to say we’ve had enough of that.”
Moderate

Fulton, MS

#64252 Jan 30, 2013
Maybe
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64253 Jan 30, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I have God as my moral compass!
you may but a large chunk of the country does not especially in big cities.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64254 Jan 30, 2013
Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
If we did a good act merely from love of God and a belief that it is pleasing to Him, whence arises the morality of the Atheist?...Their virtue, then, must have had some other foundation than the love of God.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Thomas Law, June 13, 1814
`

well said
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64255 Jan 30, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
RA thanks you.
Surely you still believe in the sun do RA?????????? lol
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64256 Jan 30, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea and it's been made clear where God stands in the current Administration.
Where is that pray tell?
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64257 Jan 30, 2013
Nuh wrote:
What?!?! A governor actually wanting to return the people's money to those who earned it? Plus, a Republican governor wanting to utilize money already set aside for infrastructure???
Texas Governor Rick Perry on Tuesday called for returning excess tax money to taxpayers and tapping the state's rainy-day fund for water and transportation infrastructure.
Perry, 62, the longest-serving governor in the nation at just over 12 years, touted the success of Texas in creating jobs and luring companies to the state.
The Republican called for changing the constitution of the state, the nation's second most populous, to allow the return of tax money to the people who paid it when the state brings in more than needed.
"We've never bought into the notion that if you collect more, you need to spend more," Perry said
"Bully" for him---oops thats another past President, a good one too.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64258 Jan 30, 2013
Nuh wrote:
NDAA Nullification: Tennessee Bills Propose Kidnapping Charges for Federal Agents
State and local resistance to the detention provisions contained in the National Defense Authorization Act continues to grow, rapidly emerging as a nationwide movement.
The Tennessee legislature will consider HB1629 and SB2669 in the 2012 session. The legislation would effectively nullify the detention provisions in the NDAA and would also require federal agents making an arrest in the Volunteer State for any reason to first obtain written permission from the county sheriff.
This bill declares that any federal law purporting to require local or state law enforcement agencies to act at the direction of the federal government or the United States military is beyond the authority granted to the federal government pursuant to the United States Constitution, is not recognized by this state, is specifically rejected by this state and is declared to be invalid in this state. This bill further declares that any federal law purporting to give federal agents or employees, including any members of the United States military, the authority of any state or local law enforcement agency of this state, without the express permission of this state, is beyond the authority granted to the federal government pursuant to the United States Constitution, is not recognized by this state, is specifically rejected by this state, and is declared to be invalid in this state.
The act takes aim at indefinite detention provisions in the NDAA. Tenth Amendment Center communications director Mike Maharrey called language in the NDAA vague and overbroad, pointing out that Americans should never simply trust in the good intentions and moral clarity of the president or federal judges to protect their rights.
The Tennessee bill also “makes it a Class E felony for any official, agent, or employee of the United States government to enforce or attempt to enforce any federal law, order, rule or regulation that is beyond the authority granted to the federal government pursuant to the United States Constitution,” and includes provisions for kidnapping charges if a federal agent were to detain a U.S. citizen in Tennessee under the NDAA.
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2012/02/05/ndaa-n...
States rights supersede that of the fed gov in this area. Makes me feel better but hey, they the feds could just come in kill you and say oops, made a mistake.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#64259 Jan 30, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
`
well said
Say nothing of my religion. It is known to my god and myself alone.
-- Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to John Adams, 11 January 1817, in Lester Cappon, ed. The Adams-Jefferson Letters,(1959) p. 506, quoted from Jeremy Koselak, "The Exaltation of a Reasonable Deity: Thomas Jefferson’s Critique of Christianity"

I am of a sect by myself, as far as I know.
-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Ezra Stiles Ely (June 25, 1819), quoted from Dickinson W Adams, ed, The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Second Series (Princeton University Press, 1983; note that attributions saying "Ezra Stiles, president of Yale University (June 25, 1819)" are incorrect, as that Ezra Stiles died in 1795)

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson, considering three different explanations for why sea shells would be found at higher elevations than one should reasonably expect an ocean to have existed, in Notes on the State of Virginia

What all agree upon is probably right; what no two agree in most probably is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson, Jefferson's Axiom, in a letter to John Adams, 11 January 1817, quoted from Lester Cappon, ed. The Adams-Jefferson Letters (1959) p. 445
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64260 Jan 30, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
If you long to live somewhere that homosexuality is actually illegal, perhaps you should move to those more moral countries like Iran or Uganda.
Thats exactly what I was starting to ell you. If you long for so much liberalism, no guns, etc,.. Seek out Europe and move there. I am sure they would love to have your radical views.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64261 Jan 30, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal: GOP must stop being ‘stupid party’
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-01-24...
“We’ve got to stop being the stupid party. It’s time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults,” he said.“We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I’m here to say we’ve had enough of that.”
I do believe he's got it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sweetwater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If elected Sheriff how long before Randy White ... (Jan '10) 5 hr Winner 53
Corruption at juvenile center somebody needs to... 14 hr WOWsosad 39
What going on with he Park Thu FOPP 6
Bojangles (Jan '09) Oct 22 Trevor 4
Unsolved Murders (Feb '12) Oct 21 Nancee Brewer Rus... 29
Brian and Ryan Ayers plus the Rapers (Jul '11) Oct 19 MyHome423 6
Kris shelfer Oct 16 pillbillie 2
Sweetwater Dating
Find my Match

Sweetwater Jobs