Forever Radio-Beaver/WBGN/WUHU/willie...
Across the Street

Floyds Knobs, IN

#435 Jun 28, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text> wonder how doc and Cindy feel about that? Is Joe starting to sweat just a llittle bit?
I think BG management is pretty desperate at this point because Joe can't do it all We over here are loving all these ad dollars up for grabs. Saw this in the paper and told friends to read this Topix thread before applying with Forever:

"SALES: Sr.Account Manager

#1 Country Beaver, and All-Hit WUHU radio, is looking for
confident and driven Sr. Account Manager.

The ideal candidate is highly motivated and has a successful track record. Growth in this position will come from growing existing accounts and from finding new opportunities. 3 + years of direct selling business-to-business is required. We offer an excellent compensation package, Salary plus commission, health care, 401k , bonus plans and all the selling tools to win."
Formerly Forever

United States

#436 Jun 28, 2012
Across the Street wrote:
<quoted text>
I think BG management is pretty desperate at this point because Joe can't do it all We over here are loving all these ad dollars up for grabs. Saw this in the paper and told friends to read this Topix thread before applying with Forever:
"SALES: Sr.Account Manager
#1 Country Beaver, and All-Hit WUHU radio, is looking for
confident and driven Sr. Account Manager.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated and has a successful track record. Growth in this position will come from growing existing accounts and from finding new opportunities. 3 + years of direct selling business-to-business is required. We offer an excellent compensation package, Salary plus commission, health care, 401k , bonus plans and all the selling tools to win."
There you go, time to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. The same ad that drew in all the new people who got fired or quit. Somebody downstairs tell those idiots upstairs that success will only come from longevity and integrity. Stop beating salespeople over the head to sell rates that even managers don't bother to ever present. I still say get the little General on the street with some new business targets and let some reps go on the calls with him to see how it is done by a master (talker).

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Formerly Forever

United States

#437 Jun 28, 2012
Anyone know what is the meaning of "all the selling tools to win" as described in Forever's ad? I got some pens and blank contracts, along with the open list.

You wait 90-days for health bens, wait one year for the potential 401k that you only get matched if sales goals are hit. Salary is a couple bucks over minimum wage if you are lucky. And then there are those gift-accounts you beg for so you get your 10% commish. because there are sooo many new businesses who advertise opening up in BGKY.

Anyone who would apply to sell at Forever under current management, and not google to research posts like this thread, is the perfect next hire to be the next fire.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
better than busing tables

Floyds Knobs, IN

#438 Jun 28, 2012
I will be applying for that job. I have sold other things to area biz. As someone said earlier it is nice to get paid better than minimum wage with commission potential. At the same time you are basically interviewed by people who could offer you a better job than Forever offers. Who knows if they would read your resume otherwise, but you can impress them by using the great credibility beaver has to get in the door of dozens of biz per month. Wish me luck!
Deck Chairs

Floyds Knobs, IN

#439 Jun 28, 2012
Good luck, you are going to fit into Forever perfectly. Can you find BitchFromHell to join you in the next cubicle.
Not A Bystander

Floyds Knobs, IN

#440 Jun 28, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>by "pretty sure" do you mean you know for a fact or just anther a-hole who "thinks" they know anything? You sound and write like an a-hole Yeah- I know for a fact you're a white trash knuckle dragging a-hole!
I am 100% sure I know 100% more than you and you know nothing for a fact about me.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE

United States

#441 Jun 28, 2012
FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND LIMITS Defamation.
Defamation occurs when someone makes a false and derogatory statement about a person that impugns that person's reputation or standing in the community or is designed to denigrate that person's professional ethics or honesty generally.
Libel.
Libel is a defamatory statement made in writing.
Slander.
Slander is a defamatory statement uttered verbally.

Concerns about damaging speech affects people. If an employee states something false and derogatory about an employer in a public forum such as on the Internet.

Conversely, a manager or corporate officer who makes defamatory statements about an employee can cause irreparable harm to that employee's job or career prospects.

What are the elements of a defamation claim?

-a publication to one other than the person defamed;
-a false statement of fact; that is understood as
being of and concerning the plaintiff; and
tending to harm the reputation of plaintiff.
Drumroll please

Floyds Knobs, IN

#442 Jun 28, 2012
Can we begin the drumroll sound effect for the NEXT salesperson to come to their senses and get out? And whoever gets fired so they get unemployment pay.

Guessing it happens before the Friday milk and cookies meeting.

End of quarter bloodletting at Forever, fire the starter pistol. And they're off.
Observer

United States

#443 Jun 28, 2012
IMPORTANT MESSAGE wrote:
FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND LIMITS Defamation.
Defamation occurs when someone makes a false and derogatory statement about a person that impugns that person's reputation or standing in the community or is designed to denigrate that person's professional ethics or honesty generally.
Libel.
Libel is a defamatory statement made in writing.
Slander.
Slander is a defamatory statement uttered verbally.
Concerns about damaging speech affects people. If an employee states something false and derogatory about an employer in a public forum such as on the Internet.
Conversely, a manager or corporate officer who makes defamatory statements about an employee can cause irreparable harm to that employee's job or career prospects.
What are the elements of a defamation claim?
-a publication to one other than the person defamed;
-a false statement of fact; that is understood as
being of and concerning the plaintiff; and
tending to harm the reputation of plaintiff.
Omg have you only googled the first half of the info asshole. TRUTH is the absolute defense. That's it, absolute. No discussion beyond proving it is not true.

Oh, and how do you find who to accuse on this totally anonymous web site. You are as stupid as Forever's pretend lawyer 100 posts back.

So who quit, and who got fired? TRUTH.
Not A Bystander

Floyds Knobs, IN

#444 Jun 28, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Omg have you only googled the first half of the info asshole. TRUTH is the absolute defense. That's it, absolute. No discussion beyond proving it is not true.
Oh, and how do you find who to accuse on this totally anonymous web site. You are as stupid as Forever's pretend lawyer 100 posts back.
So who quit, and who got fired? TRUTH.
I have to ask the question...why are you so angry?
Con

Louisville, KY

#445 Jun 28, 2012
Not A Bystander wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you're a fake! Doubt you know what your implying at all. That IMPORTANT MESSAGE bs you introduced in your post called you out. You're nothing but a BYSTANDER!! Go join the Haley Harmon thread!
Observer

United States

#446 Jun 28, 2012
Not A Bystander wrote:
<quoted text>
No anger here, call it disgust. These are people and families that Forever keeps destroying thru the recruiting, hiring, not training, and firing or forcing to quit of good people.

Who is out next? At what point does an alarm sound so the same thing that happened to me and many friends stops happening to good people.

You run a revolving door because you expect recruits to fail because so many have.
just saying

Louisville, KY

#447 Jun 28, 2012
Not A Bystander wrote:
<quoted text>
I am 100% sure I know 100% more than you and you know nothing for a fact about me.
First I could care less who you are. Second I also doubt you know a 100% about anything but yourself! Third it's hard to defame a fictitious name- sorry an anonymous fictitious name! Please.....
Observer

United States

#448 Jun 28, 2012
Formerly Forever wrote:
Anyone know what is the meaning of "all the selling tools to win" as described in Forever's ad? I got some pens and blank contracts, along with the open list.
You wait 90-days for health bens, wait one year for the potential 401k that you only get matched if sales goals are hit. Salary is a couple bucks over minimum wage if you are lucky. And then there are those gift-accounts you beg for so you get your 10% commish. because there are sooo many new businesses who advertise opening up in BGKY.
Anyone who would apply to sell at Forever under current management, and not google to research posts like this thread, is the perfect next hire to be the next fire.
The selling tools to win are sparklers salespeople distribute to solve client problems. Think of it as donuts you light up. So 1950's it is pathetic.
Observer

United States

#449 Jun 29, 2012
Sickofthis wrote:
What loyalty? Yes, cheers to a young woman who actually knows what it means to "work"! She doesn't have to get her accounts back because she sold them to freaking begin with and can sell new accounts again. My advice to all the spineless people posting on here, including current employees, is to get some "intestinal fortitude". For those of you, which is most, who are not familiar with the term....it means GUTS! If your not happy because you know you are not doing your job or if you need to make excuses because your are to jelly bellied to take someone actually say "hey, you are not doing your job, get off your ass and do it"....then get the heck out. You are the toxic people. For those of you that are past employees, it doesn't take a genious pscyhologist to diagnose you with..."wish I had done my job and was still working for Forever....itis". If you were so unhappy, why are you so obsessed with posting untrue statements? Gerald and the receptionist who he IS sleeping with (she's his wife dipsticks, of course he sleeps with her)have been wonderful for the company. It's been perhaps years since someone has actually come in and GOTTEN THINGS DONE! If you big babies want a weak manager to tell you to do whatever you want, you will have a job waiting for you tomorrow, then go back to kindergarten!!! This is the real world were you actually have to work!!!! I am so sick of the whining on here about how bad Forever is. It's quite simple. Do your job, have your job. Be lazy and complain about how bad you're being treated because your not just being handed accounts...SEE YA...DON'T NEED YA!! As far as the list of people that have come and gone in sales...That had nothing to do with Gerald. You can only fake it in sales for so long until the brutal facts are that you are either not doing the work, or you are just simply not cut out for it and should have, and I will type this again, The "Itestinal Fortitude...GUTS" to admit it and move on. I have loved this company for years...as do many of us "Happy Employees"...yes there are several of us. I wish all the people that are posting negative remarks on here could just move on, find happiness and not continue to post things that are just not true. I have loved my job for years and continue to love it now....and that's all I have to say about that.
Who can blame people for quitting when this is the attitude of management. Is it loyalty to starve some reps and load others with billing accounts? If that is not discrimination it is certainly hostile to the employees who get the crumbs.

Who is today's quit or fire? It is payday and the end of the month and end of the quarter. Somebody is out, who do you think it is?
Down the hall

Floyds Knobs, IN

#450 Jun 29, 2012
ARBitron Pullout wrote:
<<<"CH, think about how much more you are concerned about finding out who I am
on Topix telling the truth, than you are about solving the problems. Bring
that same anger and passion to go run your business and support what used
to be your family. At least show up at the office once in a while and dust
the dust off the doorknob to your revised office. or just sit with Jill,
your call.
okay to the people who thought the list I posted was over-reaching, I just
took it from my PamMaw(also fired) revised phone lists over the years.
Here is the last one year of fires or quit on the sales or management at
Forever. JoeDOS and ChrisK were hired back to Forever in different positons from
the other list.
Jaime (salesperson of the year)
TimDOS
Brittany
Paula
Betty (many year veteran in BG media, now owns an agency buying media in
BG)
Melinda
Donna
Michal
Mike
MichaelV
TonyaS
Jacob (experienced radio sales guy from the north)
Lindsey
Lindsay
ChrisM (former pharmaceuticals expert sales rep who got no radio training)
Kathy (30 year top biller quit this week after complaining about hostile
office tactics).
Six in the last six weeks!!!
CH, if you are not embarrassed, you are not paying attention.">>>
Forever lost alot of people because they stopped investing in the people and tools to help them sell. We used to have access to the ratings research and we had (very complicated) national training companies evaluate us and tell us our strengths and weaknesses.
Arbitron research pulled out of the market because of lack of support from people using the ratings.
It's more than a rumor, at least one salesperson will be out today. How can we keep letting this happen? This is NOT normal business practices.
Naive Idiot

Floyds Knobs, IN

#451 Jun 29, 2012
I think you are all wrong about Forever, everything is just fine and wonderful, and we are staffed full of Happy Employees! Why would anyone ever quit?

La dee da, La dee da..........
watching

Portage, MI

#452 Jun 29, 2012
Naive Idiot wrote:
I think you are all wrong about Forever, everything is just fine and wonderful, and we are staffed full of Happy Employees! Why would anyone ever quit?
La dee da, La dee da..........
It's always so nice when Forever management offers their opinion. LOL
watching

Portage, MI

#453 Jun 29, 2012
Down the hall wrote:
Joanna has returned as the prodigal. Nearly $20,000 in billing gifts laid at her feet before she made her first sales call, she's a miracle. And what a pleasant day with no managers underfoot. Will this continue?
This could be a reason to consider leaving.
Deep thinker

United States

#455 Jun 29, 2012
All of the biscuits are barking now. Strange if you don't hear them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sweeden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Milf 38 min Theotherguy 10
beautiful black hair girl? (Jul '16) 53 min That is great 7
protest ??? 53 min Honest Opinion 29
Best Chiropractor in bg 1 hr Wondering 1
Always horny (Jun '13) 1 hr The one 39
female masturbation (Jan '13) 1 hr The one 111
I Wonder 2 hr concerned 27

Sweeden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance