Questions surround Swansea's half-mil...

Questions surround Swansea's half-million dollar debt

There are 2 comments on the WIS-TV Columbia story from Sep 1, 2010, titled Questions surround Swansea's half-million dollar debt. In it, WIS-TV Columbia reports that:

An auditors report of the town of Swansea is shedding some light on how the town of less than 1,000 became nearly $500,000 in debt to the state of South Carolina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIS-TV Columbia.

curiouscurious

Wagener, SC

#1 Sep 20, 2010
if the Mayor and town council misused those funds what other funds have they misused and why isn't anyone checking into it from the STATE
frustrated

Hartselle, AL

#2 Oct 14, 2012
curiouscurious wrote:
if the Mayor and town council misused those funds what other funds have they misused and why isn't anyone checking into it from the STATE
They are and so far, no one from the governors office to sled will touch them. So they continue to run the town as their own personal kingdom and get reelected. Shame those 140 votes can't see the light about them and their expensive clerks. I wish I could make $110,000 between the two clerks. Every time I go in there I think about how much they make and wonder what and who they are covering for. I heard there are some people still fighting them. I say Good Luck to them and help us since no one else will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Swansea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What People Think About Politics Fri DiverseDave49 1
kim white of gaston (Aug '11) Aug '17 Kimwhite30 4
News Woman pleads guilty to murders (Jul '07) Jul '17 Mee123 385
kayla stewart (Dec '14) Jun '17 Brent Z 12
Jon Muse (Apr '17) Apr '17 Used 1
News Leave a Comment (Jul '09) Apr '17 CPO 4
Gaston water company (Mar '17) Mar '17 Edie65 1

Swansea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance