Teacher Helps Doctors Catch Six-Year-Old Student's Tumor

Full story: WLTX Columbia

Diagnosed with a tumor wrapped around his brain stem just two-and-a-half months ago, six-year-old Clay Dixon was given two years to live.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of112
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tracy-Gaston

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

My thoughts and prayers are with Clay and his family. Thanks to the teacher and speech therapist for being so observant. My God be with Clay and his family.

Since: Jun 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

Prayers for this young man and his family......it breaks my heart to see a sick child.

Kudos to the teacher for setting an example for being a compassionate human being and being persistent with her instinct.
Brandon J

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

We participated at a fund-raising raffle for Clay at my place of employment, Icy's Sports Bistro. Clay's church and father were raffling off a Nextel Cup racing helmet, signed by all 12 drivers who were in last year's chase. Had we won, we were going to auction the helmet on Ebay, and donate all the proceeds to Clay also. I challenge whoever did win to do the same. If auctioned correctly, and the reason for the proceeds were listed, this could bring in another $1000-$2000 to Clay's cause.
angela

West Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

Awwww, he is so cute. My prayers are with you and your family. God bless.
Lexie

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

What a precious little boy! I will keep him and his family in my prayers.
Columbia Mother

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

God bless this sweet child and strengthen his family.
Clays Aunt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

That was a horrible post from fail1134. i just don't understand people. This is a mightmare to begin with and for someone to put something like that like we are lying about him having a tumor.
God knows I wish this wasn't true but it is. But the community out pour of support and concern has just be amazing and really gives you hope in the human race. And thank you for all your support and your thoughtfulness about the helmet. I think selling it and donating to him would be wonderful. When you go through something like this personally you find possession don't mean anything!!
Gaston Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

This story especially pulls on my heart strings not only as a parent but also as a parent who has a child in Mack Primary and my son is friends with Clay. My son also goes to UCMA with Clay and this little boy is a bright, beautiful little boy and he should not have to go through this. It is a great thing that his teacher and speach pathologist helped find this and maybe because they did find it when they did there is hope. God works in ways we do not understand and we are praying that God worked through those teachers to help his parents find this so he can get better. I know it is inoperable but prayer works!! God bless Clay, his parents, his teachers, and our entire community because we have all been touched by Clay and his fight!
Brandon J

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

The raffle gave me a great idea on what i can do to help the family. At Icys, we are very sports crazy. All of us, owners, employees, customers, have alot of sports memorabilia. I am in the process of collecting some to auction on Ebay, with the procceeds to be donated to Clay via Congaree Bank. I have already spoken with many people today, and I will have items listed by Friday. I plan to post Clay's story along with each item listed, and I hope it will touch all the people who view and/or bid on the items. While this will not lessen the tragedy of the situation, it will generate more attention and funds for his cause.
bobbi

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

Brandon J wrote:
The raffle gave me a great idea on what i can do to help the family. At Icys, we are very sports crazy. All of us, owners, employees, customers, have alot of sports memorabilia. I am in the process of collecting some to auction on Ebay, with the procceeds to be donated to Clay via Congaree Bank. I have already spoken with many people today, and I will have items listed by Friday. I plan to post Clay's story along with each item listed, and I hope it will touch all the people who view and/or bid on the items. While this will not lessen the tragedy of the situation, it will generate more attention and funds for his cause.
i thought i would let you know a lady at shealy's won the helment, she was going to do the same thing put it on ebay. but clay really wanted the helment so it was givin to him yesterday. my husband is having a charity ride march 15 starting at thunder tower anybody can come all proceeds go to clay's medical expenses also i am renting a building and having a huge yard sale march 22 anything you might have to donate to sell would be appr. you can reach me at barb2579@yahoo.com and for the charity ride email paramedic_84380@yahoo.com.
Smiley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

Clays Aunt wrote:
That was a horrible post from fail1134. i just don't understand people. This is a mightmare to begin with and for someone to put something like that like we are lying about him having a tumor.
God knows I wish this wasn't true but it is. But the community out pour of support and concern has just be amazing and really gives you hope in the human race. And thank you for all your support and your thoughtfulness about the helmet. I think selling it and donating to him would be wonderful. When you go through something like this personally you find possession don't mean anything!!
Our thoughts and prayers are with Clay and his family and friends.
Mrs- Bender

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

I hope everything will work out for the little boy. But I am concerned about his situation. My son was diagnosed with a brain tumor last year. I was told by the doctor that surgery is inoperable too.
Mrs- Bender

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

By the way, my son also went through the same problem in school. Teacher's didn't care about why my son is having trouble with his work. Instead they labeled him as a problem child. Now they all know his sickness and not one of them said they were sorry.
Gaston Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

Mrs- Bender wrote:
By the way, my son also went through the same problem in school. Teacher's didn't care about why my son is having trouble with his work. Instead they labeled him as a problem child. Now they all know his sickness and not one of them said they were sorry.
That's awful! I would have tried to do a story on the school! There are many programs to protect children in this situation like a program called "pro-parents" and I would have filed a complaint on that school! It's hard enough to have to go through the emotional pain of a child being sick but to have the school treat your child bad makes it worse! I'm sorry you and your son are going through this and all the other parents having to deal with the hearache of watching your child sick! You are in my prayers as for Clays family and Gaston is not always a very good town but the community has really pulled together for this little boy and I hope his parents and Clay know how much they mean to us!
Marti Evans

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

It would seem that you would want to at least acknowledge the name of the teacher and the speech pathologist in a story of this kind!
Gman

Hopkins, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

God can do anything but fail!!!
Lula

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

Good story, but doesn't the typist know tht God is spelled with a capital G?
NightAngel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

Do know that God is a healer no matter what the sickness is.
Robert

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

Nice article. Please capitalize God in the future.

Thanks
thankful mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

I am so blessed to have a healthy child and my heart hurts for that little boy and his family. I had the pleasure of meeting this family at a benefit last friday and they are wonderful. Please find it in your heart to help them through this in any way you see fit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of112
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Swansea Discussions

Search the Swansea Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) 3 hr John 1,117
2 Female Corrections Officer Arrested for Sexua... (Aug '07) Jun 26 mom X 4 60
Does anybody know anything about arron dwight i... (Jan '13) May '14 the unknown 5
apt/house for rent Mar '14 traveler 1
SC SC Hunting and Fishing Amendment, Amendment 1 (Oct '10) Feb '14 JUST 4 YOUR INFO 47
SC Who do you support for Governor in South Caroli... (Oct '10) Dec '13 What the 446
Woman pleads guilty to murders (Jul '07) Dec '13 friv2girl 379
•••
•••
•••
•••

Swansea Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Swansea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE