A Friend To Lean On In Tough Times

A Friend To Lean On In Tough Times

There are 12 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Sep 11, 2007, titled A Friend To Lean On In Tough Times. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

' Best friends are there for each other through thick and thin. Right now, a Lexington County woman is relying on her best friend as she goes through the most difficult experience of her life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

spike1982

West Columbia, SC

#1 Sep 11, 2007
Now that is a true friend...That is a Gods gift!!!
Ginny Deeter

AOL

#2 Sep 11, 2007
I have had the priviledge of knowing both Gail and Wanda. They are two of a kind! Wanda has such a beautiful smile and loves to laugh. Even though I can no longer hear her voice, her inner beauty shines through. Gail is a great friend to Wanda and to many others. She makes everyone laugh with her wonderful stories. What a blessing they both are to those they meet!
whats that now

AOL

#3 Sep 11, 2007
God bless both or your loving hearts...it is hard and rare to find such love in friendships these days.hold on to the good times and make plenty more. I will pray for great miracles to come your way!!!
cin

United States

#4 Sep 11, 2007
WONDERFUL! That is what REAL friends do for each other! MAJOR kudos and prayers to all loved ones!

“you know you want me ”

Since: Sep 07

Dodge city

#5 Sep 11, 2007
we all need a friend...and miracles do happen.
Olive Oyl

Columbia, SC

#6 Sep 12, 2007
What a wonderful friendship! Why can't we see more stories like THIS in the news rather than some of the nonsense they print and broadcast?

This is what friendship is all about...Being "there" for each other, through thick and thin, good times and bad. These women are truly blessed to have such a wonderful friend in each other.
Michelle Ransom

Columbia, SC

#7 Sep 12, 2007
You are both such wonderful people! Wanda - Jackson just adored you at Saxe Gotha CDC and both of my kids think the world of "Miss Gail".

I'm so glad that 2 such special and amazing women have formed such a beautiful friendship.

You are both in our constant prayers.
Melissa

Frisco, TX

#8 Sep 12, 2007
I have the pleasure of working with Mrs. Gail and she is not only a great friend to Wanda but to everyone she meets young or old!! Everyone loves her!!
Wanda

AOL

#9 Sep 12, 2007
I tried to "reply" to each of you individually, but a pop-up said that it "wasn't available", so,
Thank everyone for all the encouraging comments; thank all of my co-workers from Saxe Gotha ( I miss my kids and every one there terribly), and all the parents I admire and appreciate greatly.
As my days get more difficult I will always have wondeful memories of everyone who has shown such care and prayers for a real miracle.
God Bless all of you.
Love you Gail .. Wanda
Kristie

Duluth, GA

#10 Sep 16, 2007
Wanda,

My heart goes out to you, as I know from personal experience what you are going through. I lost my grandmother 10 years ago to a very rare form of Lou Gehrig's disease called ALS. Please know that you will be in our prayers, and that we too will be hoping for Gail's miracle.
Wanda

AOL

#11 Sep 16, 2007
Kristie wrote:
Wanda,
My heart goes out to you, as I know from personal experience what you are going through. I lost my grandmother 10 years ago to a very rare form of Lou Gehrig's disease called ALS. Please know that you will be in our prayers, and that we too will be hoping for Gail's miracle.
Thank you Kristie for your words of kindness. I go for my peg tube tomorrow and I thank you for your prayers. I am so sorry about your grandmother. She is in a better place looking down on us. May God bless you. Wanda
Jessica

Columbia, SC

#12 Sep 19, 2007
We need more people in the world who treat each other with the kind and helping hands like you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Swansea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sidney "Butch" Hursey Dec 4 jbelt 1
What People Think About Politics Dec 1 Just Curious 2
News Leave a Comment (Jul '09) Nov 27 William jacobs 5
kim white of gaston (Aug '11) Aug '17 Kimwhite30 4
News Woman pleads guilty to murders (Jul '07) Jul '17 Mee123 385
kayla stewart (Dec '14) Jun '17 Brent Z 12
Jon Muse (Apr '17) Apr '17 Used 1

Swansea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance