Officers Arrest Mother, Son, 2 Others...

Officers Arrest Mother, Son, 2 Others in Drug Raid Near School

There are 27 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Nov 30, 2007, titled Officers Arrest Mother, Son, 2 Others in Drug Raid Near School. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Officers also seized 2.5 pounds of marijuana and $1,470 in cash. Deputies arrested 29-year-old Kyshaun Adonis James, 33-year-old Timothy Alfonzo McNeal, 59-year-old Veronica Newton McNeal, all of 295 East 1st ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rambling Man

Summerville, SC

#1 Nov 30, 2007
Let me guess - they followed these clowns for 2 years until they made a firm case to bust them. The police turn a blind eye to this junk on our streets everyday. I'm not impressed when they make an arrest. It's too little, too late.

“Lets take America Back!”

Since: Apr 07

America, U,S,A.

#2 Nov 30, 2007
legalize Marijuna , Tired of goverment legislating morality.

The Goverment spent thousands on this case and the got 1,500.00 dollars and a few pounds of Pot.
ABB

Columbia, SC

#3 Nov 30, 2007
Rambling Man wrote:
Let me guess - they followed these clowns for 2 years until they made a firm case to bust them. The police turn a blind eye to this junk on our streets everyday. I'm not impressed when they make an arrest. It's too little, too late.
I agree! Wondering if the drugs were sold to the kids in the area and if LCSD sat there just "building" the case.
Ace

Columbia, SC

#4 Nov 30, 2007
The family that sells together, cells together.
War On Drugs

Columbia, SC

#5 Nov 30, 2007
Can anyone say Election Time? James Metts has been Sheriff of Lexington County since 1972 (Same year the crook Richard Nixon) declared war on drugs to cover up his failed administration).

Since 1972, Lexington County has become the drug capital of South Carolina. Metts is either not doing his job or he needs to admit the War On Drugs is not working.

The R.I.C.O. and asset forfeiture laws that allow, nay encourage law enforcement, prosecutors and Attorneys to finance themselves like Mexican bandits, to the largest prison population in the world, our drug war has been an unmitigated and incredibly expensive social disaster.

Since: Mar 07

Irmo, SC

#6 Nov 30, 2007
Ace wrote:
The family that sells together, cells together.
I was about to type "... deals together stays together.", but I like yours better.
deep

Northfield, OH

#7 Nov 30, 2007
1,470 in cash Ha....what on earth I gues that will fill up about three cruisers for a week but I am sure they spent much more to bust 'em.. Be for real
Tomfoolery

Columbia, SC

#8 Nov 30, 2007
If it wasn't for the names under the photos, I wouldn't be able to tell who was the mother or who was the son.
military wife

Leesville, SC

#9 Nov 30, 2007
Oh My god what are the chances of finding drugs in Swansea ? Kinda like the chances of finding drugs everywhere Bet it took several thousand dollars to investigate these people nice to see lexington county tax dollars used to the fullest.
Shut up and think

Leesville, SC

#13 Nov 30, 2007
Now you and I both know if this was another meth bust all the comments would include "white/trailer trash." So why don't these perps get the same treatment? Seems that racism really IS one sided, against the whites of today. I'm glad they busted these people. I seriously doubt that's all they deal in. Besides, statistics show that marijuana leads to more - usually harder drug use. Might as well stop it before it starts.
dixiegirl

Swansea, SC

#14 Nov 30, 2007
4 down 1 million to go,doesn't take alot if brains to know that house was a drug house,all u had to do was ride by,to a house that was very nice and look what happens,i hope they sit in jail for a long time,but we all they are most likely on the street already a slap on the wrist & that is it,we need someone in office that will do more about the drugs in this county,because the streets are full,but people just look the other way,the people of the county needs to take a stand in each area maybe we can make a differnce.
dixiegirl

Swansea, SC

#15 Nov 30, 2007
Amen,tell it like it is,more people should.
Shut up and think wrote:
Now you and I both know if this was another meth bust all the comments would include "white/trailer trash." So why don't these perps get the same treatment? Seems that racism really IS one sided, against the whites of today. I'm glad they busted these people. I seriously doubt that's all they deal in. Besides, statistics show that marijuana leads to more - usually harder drug use. Might as well stop it before it starts.
Truthsayer

Tampa, FL

#16 Nov 30, 2007
no way
Truthsayer

Tampa, FL

#17 Nov 30, 2007
they look like outstanding citizens
dixiegirl

Swansea, SC

#18 Nov 30, 2007
i hope u are joking,these people are selling drug in eye distance from the high school,across the street from the Senior citizen building the county library,and the apt's for the handicap there are a lot of elderly people that live there,i say lock them under the jail & pour cement on them.
Truthsayer wrote:
Enough

Okatie, SC

#19 Nov 30, 2007
Truthsayer wrote:
LMAO!!:)

“Anonymous is everywhere”

Since: Nov 07

Anonymous is not your friend

#20 Nov 30, 2007
War On Drugs wrote:
Can anyone say Election Time?
I have been saying it. They just busted the jungle too, last time it was busted????4 years ago...hahahaha! Metts knows to keep the drug dealers away from the rich and out of site from the common sheeeple (aka voter) He knows you can't stop drug users or drug dealers and he uses the busts to get elected. I'd do the same if I was sheriff. But I will give him credit...crime does seem to disappear once you cross that river into Lexinton County.
DrPHIL

Irmo, SC

#21 Nov 30, 2007
They weren't inhaling- just selling- geez.;)
PoPoFo

Chapin, SC

#22 Dec 1, 2007
Nice mugshots....have fun in jail *ssholes!
Tibbs

Columbia, SC

#23 Dec 1, 2007
south carolina marijuana laws need to be reformed. marijuana is not a narcotic, nor is it the "Gateway Drug". Alcohol is the gateway drug to METH and other Narcotics if any of that gateway drug talk is to be taken seriously. marijuana is a easy case on a slow day, just like issuing speeding tickets

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Swansea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gaston water company Mar 21 Edie65 1
kayla stewart (Dec '14) Mar 21 Chris 10
News Woman pleads guilty to murders (Jul '07) Mar 17 Butcat 383
Church and State should NOT be separated! (Feb '10) Jan '17 Kwylxzl -pronounc... 93
in pain Jan '17 anonymous 2
Utility Deposits Dec '16 Mom X 4 1
Swansea Elementary Dec '16 Mom X 4 2

Swansea Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Swansea Mortgages