First Prev
of 2
Next Last
momma

United States

#1 Mar 8, 2013
I am in desperate need of a house to rent. 3 bedroom would be great. Location doesn't matter. Money isn't an issue. I just need a decent house. The only ones for rent in this county seem to be run down rat and roach infested former crack houses. I need something that is safe for my kid. Thank you.
homeowner

Clarksburg, WV

#2 Mar 11, 2013
do you want to rent, lease to own, or purchase/ do you have references?
momma

United States

#3 Mar 12, 2013
homeowner wrote:
do you want to rent, lease to own, or purchase/ do you have references?
I would like to rent or lease to own if available. Yes, I have references.
homeowner

Clarksburg, WV

#4 Mar 12, 2013
momma wrote:
<quoted text> I would like to rent or lease to own if available. Yes, I have references.
my rent is $1000.00/per month plus utilites.(minimium 3 year lease) if you are interested, reply with references to Po box 165, sutton, wv. 26601
landlord

Bridgeport, WV

#5 Mar 12, 2013
how many adults & how many children? Also would you be bringing any pets?
yeahright

United States

#6 Mar 14, 2013
1000.00 a month?In this county?lmao..then plus utilities?
homeowner

Clarksburg, WV

#7 Mar 14, 2013
yeahright wrote:
1000.00 a month?In this county?lmao..then plus utilities?
if you saw the place you would change your thinking, i guess you may have to settle for a run down place for 350-400 month.
momma

United States

#8 Mar 15, 2013
landlord wrote:
how many adults & how many children? Also would you be bringing any pets?

There is only me and my son. I don't have any pets.
momma

United States

#9 Mar 15, 2013
1000 monthly...how many bedrooms and baths? What kind of lawn? Gas heat? Where is it located?
homeowner

Clarksburg, WV

#10 Mar 15, 2013
momma wrote:
1000 monthly...how many bedrooms and baths? What kind of lawn? Gas heat? Where is it located?
sorry, i just rented it today, if i know of someone renting, i will post it here, good luck.
homeowner

Clarksburg, WV

#11 Mar 15, 2013
momma wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only me and my son. I don't have any pets.
why would you need a 3 bedroom if it is only for you and your son? are you expecting a roommate?
momma

Clarksburg, WV

#12 Mar 16, 2013
Thanks anyways. I needed to use the third as an office but could have managed without it. Good luck with your new renters.
momma

Clarksburg, WV

#13 Mar 16, 2013
I just have to add that I know you automatically began to think negative thoughts when you posted your concerns about me needing a three bedroom for just me and my son. He is only 5 and I needed an office/playroom so he can be in there when I have to be working for long hours. Its sad for you and me both...for you because you do have to be picky with you who trust with your home because possibly you havent had the best luck in the past..,you have to worry about damages that may be done to the home and so on. And I truly get that. But it is sad for me that just because I am a single mother of one child and say that a 3 bedroom would be nice..people automatically start wondering things. Ive had people not want to rent to me because my son isnt old enough and one person thought that i had a teenager and wouldnt even let me speak after I said I had a child. And it is sad for my son because I just want him to have a good home to grow up in. And because past renters of homes have been wreckless or damaged the home or not paid...etc..this is what I have to deal with. It really is sad. Single mothers arent always bad...and the children arent always either. My son is 5..he will tend to be a boy..I would worry if he didnt. But he is a good kid. Im just saying maybe people should try to keep an open mind about renting. I do know its hard at times and very understandable..but maybe get to know a person a little before automatically wanting to pass judgementor thinking the worst from a tiny peice of information.

Since: Jun 12

Fairmont, WV

#14 Mar 16, 2013
momma wrote:
I just have to add that I know you automatically began to think negative thoughts when you posted your concerns about me needing a three bedroom for just me and my son. He is only 5 and I needed an office/playroom so he can be in there when I have to be working for long hours. Its sad for you and me both...for you because you do have to be picky with you who trust with your home because possibly you havent had the best luck in the past..,you have to worry about damages that may be done to the home and so on. And I truly get that. But it is sad for me that just because I am a single mother of one child and say that a 3 bedroom would be nice..people automatically start wondering things. Ive had people not want to rent to me because my son isnt old enough and one person thought that i had a teenager and wouldnt even let me speak after I said I had a child. And it is sad for my son because I just want him to have a good home to grow up in. And because past renters of homes have been wreckless or damaged the home or not paid...etc..this is what I have to deal with. It really is sad. Single mothers arent always bad...and the children arent always either. My son is 5..he will tend to be a boy..I would worry if he didnt. But he is a good kid. Im just saying maybe people should try to keep an open mind about renting. I do know its hard at times and very understandable..but maybe get to know a person a little before automatically wanting to pass judgementor thinking the worst from a tiny peice of information.
2 br 2 bath very large living room.kitchen dining room.wrap around deck.country. lots of deer. free water .585.00 mth message me .will be avalible after the first.
cntrymom

Gloucester, VA

#15 Mar 16, 2013
momma wrote:
I just have to add that I know you automatically began to think negative thoughts when you posted your concerns about me needing a three bedroom for just me and my son. He is only 5 and I needed an office/playroom so he can be in there when I have to be working for long hours. Its sad for you and me both...for you because you do have to be picky with you who trust with your home because possibly you havent had the best luck in the past..,you have to worry about damages that may be done to the home and so on. And I truly get that. But it is sad for me that just because I am a single mother of one child and say that a 3 bedroom would be nice..people automatically start wondering things. Ive had people not want to rent to me because my son isnt old enough and one person thought that i had a teenager and wouldnt even let me speak after I said I had a child. And it is sad for my son because I just want him to have a good home to grow up in. And because past renters of homes have been wreckless or damaged the home or not paid...etc..this is what I have to deal with. It really is sad. Single mothers aren't always bad...and the children aren't always either. My son is 5..he will tend to be a boy..I would worry if he didn't. But he is a good kid. I'm just saying maybe people should try to keep an open mind about renting. I do know its hard at times and very understandable..but maybe get to know a person a little before automatically wanting to pass judgement or thinking the worst from a tiny piece of information.
It seems finding a good place to rent is harder anymore b/c people destroy the homes. We have been in the place we are living for over 7 years. It's not the greatest but we do take care of it and try to do general care so that our landlord doesn't have to. We don't fix the big things that are his responsibility though. I have seen many, many renters come and go in our neighborhood and leave destruction in their wake. We also have 2 dogs and they are well behaved. One is a companion dog and the other a pet. I have seen others let their dogs tear up everything or make messes b/c they are to lazy to walk their animals. In the end it is those that do need a place and take care of them that suffer. Hopefully people will start thinking about how lucky they are to have a home and take care of it for those that may come along later.

Good luck finding a place for you and your son.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#16 Mar 19, 2013
snyder12 wrote:
<quoted text>2 br 2 bath very large living room.kitchen dining room.wrap around deck.country. lots of deer. free water .585.00 mth message me .will be avalible after the first.
Ive been trying to personally message you but it says it can take 2 days for this account to be active. Im interested in the house so I will message you as soon as this account is active. It sounds like a great place for me and my son!
Always tell the truth

Summersville, WV

#17 Mar 26, 2013
snyder12 wrote:
<quoted text>2 br 2 bath very large living room.kitchen dining room.wrap around deck.country. lots of deer. free water .585.00 mth message me .will be avalible after the first.
is this still available
homeowner

Hamilton, OH

#18 Mar 27, 2013
momma wrote:
my experience with renters period is not good. when someone rents, they rent, without taking care of the owners property, then with all the rights that renters have in wv, it is hard to evict someone, and on top of that, they dont pay for the rent, for several months, hate the owner, and take it out on the owner by trashing their place. they have no investment, nor do they care. does that answer your question? 99 % of renters do not care.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#19 Mar 29, 2013
homeowner wrote:
<quoted text>my experience with renters period is not good. when someone rents, they rent, without taking care of the owners property, then with all the rights that renters have in wv, it is hard to evict someone, and on top of that, they dont pay for the rent, for several months, hate the owner, and take it out on the owner by trashing their place. they have no investment, nor do they care. does that answer your question? 99 % of renters do not care.
I never asked a question. I was simply saying that not every renter is bad and that it sucks for mothers like me who would be a good renter because people do those things that you listed and end up making everyone look bad. So you just kind of confirmed what I was saying. But thanks for your input and I hope you have better luck in the future with renters.
homeowner

Fairmont, WV

#20 Mar 29, 2013
I'm trying to find just_momma. This is a serious post.I was wondering if you can post a contact number or some other form of contact if you are still in need of a place to rent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sutton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
custard stand 4 hr JST 15
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 18 hr Water Boi 1,380
can I get pregnant using frog embros (Oct '10) Fri Kelli 49
photographer (Aug '15) Fri crazinessinwv 13
whitney king? (Feb '12) Fri Carey Coffman 8
Mrs. Beam owner of Sutton Floral Jul 22 Shannon_runion 5
CVS girl Jul 19 JST 12

Sutton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance