October 4th Gubernatorial Special Election: Who gets your vote?

Created by MagnoliaWarbler on Sep 30, 2011

4,679 votes

Click on an option to vote

Bill Maloney

Earl Ray Tomblin

Bob Henry Baber

Marla Ingels

Harry Bertram

senseless

Rupert, WV

#5748 Jun 2, 2013
still going strong on a dead topic

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5749 Jun 2, 2013
I will not ask my question more than 20 times!
1 post removed
the real jimmy love

Rupert, WV

#5751 Jun 4, 2013
not real

Location hidden

#5752 Jun 4, 2013
Lower case, Yes you are lower.
VOTE

West Hamlin, WV

#5753 Jun 7, 2013
VOTE BOB IN

Location hidden

#5754 Jun 7, 2013
Vote for
Mike
Unstinks
for whatever.
voter

West Hamlin, WV

#5755 Jun 9, 2013
we want tomblin
1 post removed
voter

West Hamlin, WV

#5757 Jun 9, 2013
i voted for him
earl ray

West Hamlin, WV

#5758 Jun 9, 2013
earl ray number 1
WHO

West Hamlin, WV

#5759 Jun 9, 2013
HELLO
Earl Ray

Logan, WV

#5760 Jun 9, 2013
Earl Ray is the best governor we have ever had, he has my vote
special vote

West Hamlin, WV

#5761 Jun 9, 2013
we all need to get out and vote
1 post removed
dems

Gilbert, WV

#5763 Jun 9, 2013
Republicas hiding as democrats why Shirley Moore Capito has no one to run aganist her.

CHARLESTON, W.Va.-- Although counting heads prior to a legislative party caucus is an imprecise science, it appears going into a House Democratic caucus some time later this month, House Judiciary Chairman Tim Miley, D-Harrison, has more than enough votes at the moment to win the majority nomination as House speaker.

While that would be a victory for those wishing to (mostly) maintain the status quo in House leadership, and a victory for the labor unions that backed Miley, the biggest winners in a Miley speakership (at least they seem to think so) is the state GOP.
==========
2014 will be the last election cycle that state Republicans will be able to use President Barack Obama as the boogeyman in the campaign
.=========

While the GOP tried to link Obama with Joe Manchin in the 2010 U.S. Senate special election, and with Earl Ray Tomblin in the 2011 and '12 gubernatorial elections, voters didn't buy that the two conservative Democrats were aligned with Team Obama.

However, that strategy might have a better chance with a more liberal, labor-backed trial lawyer as leader of the House of Delegates.

Remember, Republicans need to pick up just five seats to take control of the House, after an 85-year stretch as the minority party. Fueling GOP optimism is that Shelley Moore Capito will be at the top of the ticket, likely with no serious Democratic opposition in the 2014 U.S. Senate race.

To that end, a whisper campaign trying to link Harry Keith White, D-Mingo, to an alleged federal investigation of Team Mingo PAC seems to have had the desired effect, making uncommitted House Dems leery of siding with the Finance chairman in the speaker's race.

Peculiar timing, then, that GOP operative Rob Cornelius just happened to file election law complaints against White, Sen. Art Kirkendoll, D-Logan; Senate candidate Mark Wills; Agriculture Commissioner Walt Helmick; and Treasurer John Perdue on May 23 and 24 (and distributed press packets on the 24th), right in the midst of the speaker's race.

Never mind that these are minor, slap-on-the-wrist, refund-the-contributions type infractions, or that White's contribution was from surplus from his 2010 campaign; the timing is of primary interest here.

Virtually all the activity in question took place prior to the May 2012 primary elections, and the pertinent financial disclosures were filed by the PAC between April and mid-June of 2012, and have been gathering dust (or the electronic-record equivalent thereof) in the Secretary of State's office ever since.

Considering that the PAC raised and spent a grand total of about $5,000, it couldn't have taken 11 months to analyze those reports, could it? Repubadents do not want a dem runing/her.
dems

Gilbert, WV

#5764 Jun 9, 2013
Remember, Republicans need to pick up just five seats to take control of the House, after an 85-year stretch as the minority party. Fueling GOP optimism is that Shelley Moore Capito will be at the top of the ticket, likely with no serious Democratic opposition in the 2014 U.S. Senate race

.Shelley Moore Capito will be at the top of the ticket, likely with no serious Democratic opposition

but we the people can change this
dems

Gilbert, WV

#5765 Jun 9, 2013
Earl Ray wrote:
Earl Ray is the best governor we have ever had, he has my vote
him nor reeace wither 1 worth not a vote
exil

Charleston, WV

#5766 Jun 10, 2013
Take who we have as governor. The election has been over for months. Give this topix a rest Please!!!!!!!!!!
mister natas

Brooklyn, NY

#5767 Jun 10, 2013
exil wrote:
Take who we have as governor. The election has been over for months. Give this topix a rest Please!!!!!!!!!!
You just resurrected this post from the grave with your remark about wanting to give it some rest. Way to go you are a grade A genius. You just did the opposite of what you wanted. Now its floating up at the top of the page where rubes luke you will want to regurgitate their uninformed opinion detritus into it because they are under the delusion that what they think is somehow intelligent and meaningful. This place has less meaning than an old piss stained urinal you fart huffing imbeciles.
Observation

Ivydale, WV

#5768 Jun 10, 2013
Same thing occurs in other state's threads, no matter what you clowns beeotch about this long outdated thread, it aint going anywhere and it is obvious to most of us who knows how topix operates, this thread and similar ones elsewhere gives them $$$ in ad revenue, so beotch to topix and quit yer bellyaching on here. You guys' blame was burped to the wrong dept because most of us dont care really, it is out of any indivual poster's hands.
mister natas

Brooklyn, NY

#5769 Jun 10, 2013
Observation wrote:
Same thing occurs in other state's threads, no matter what you clowns beeotch about this long outdated thread, it aint going anywhere and it is obvious to most of us who knows how topix operates, this thread and similar ones elsewhere gives them $$$ in ad revenue, so beotch to topix and quit yer bellyaching on here. You guys' blame was burped to the wrong dept because most of us dont care really, it is out of any indivual poster's hands.
Oh my my what an astute observation you have made there master observer. I should perhaps imbibe of the font of knowledge from whence you have partaken. How many beers did you suck back before deciding to share with us this golden nugget of knowledge oh wise one?
I am absolutely astounded by the inebriated aptitude with which you have stated the obvious. The complexity of thought put behind your bold observation is truly an unfathomable marvel. Such a thing could have only come about from being dropped on your head one to many times. Do us a favor and go observe the effects of venting your cars exhaust in through the windows with you inside behind the wheel.
1 post removed
BobCat

Greenville, VA

#5771 Jun 11, 2013
abbagoochie wrote:
<quoted text>This state electing a repub gov is like showing dracula the cross. It wont happen is why we are where we are in this country. 80 years of ruin by the democrats. This election will not be close as wv folks cant get beyond the letter "d" in the alphabet. Too many on welfare with their hands out wanting their "freebies" from the democrats.
A M E N !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sutton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
misi hawkins (Jun '12) Wed justso you know 58
Jessie ( Wes) King Tue concerned citizen 2
earn respect Tue betty 6
Dalton brown Oct 25 Anon 1
ruin your dreams Oct 25 budda 1
flatwoods mcdonalds (Jun '13) Oct 24 bill 17
who went to jail last night (Jan '14) Oct 23 explaintous 11
Sutton Dating
Find my Match

Sutton People Search