One Injured in Ore. School Shooting

One Injured in Ore. School Shooting

There are 19 comments on the WKRN-TV Nashville story from Feb 23, 2006, titled One Injured in Ore. School Shooting. In it, WKRN-TV Nashville reports that:

One Injured in Ore. School Shooting" ROSEBURG, Ore. Gunfire at a high school early Thursday wounded one person and left the school in lockdown as police chased down the shooter, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKRN-TV Nashville.

Kearney

Columbia, MD

#1 Feb 23, 2006
According to my 2005 New York times World Almanac there were 29,573 death by firearms in the year 2001 (which is fairly typical for a year)...

Guns - kill more "friendlies" then criminals... and make criminals out of friendlies...
Jonny

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Feb 23, 2006
Guns owned by the general public keep power-hungry republicans like Bush from abusing power even more.
Joe

United States

#3 Feb 23, 2006
Statistics show that more children drown in the bathtub than what die from gun violence. Should we ban baths?
jrb

Medford, OR

#4 Feb 23, 2006
Hmm...that's funny, I'm surprised no one said anything about how HORRIBLE THIS IS!!!! I graduated there, and it's just devastating to think something would happen at our own school!!!!!!!!
Kearney wrote:
According to my 2005 New York times World Almanac there were 29,573 death by firearms in the year 2001 (which is fairly typical for a year)...

Guns - kill more "friendlies" then criminals... and make criminals out of friendlies...
anonamouse

Eugene, OR

#5 Feb 23, 2006
Trust me I know first hand how horrible it is..I actually attend this school at the time..and this event doesn't exactly bring the feeling of comfort to any of us. I was near the area where it happend and I still don't want to beleive that it really did happen. What happend was horrible! And the staff at RHS amazed me with how they handled every thing! But none of this ever should of happend. We're just supposed to be little ol' Roseburg. Stuff like this just doesn't seem possible..But now we all know it is
Smith

United States

#6 Feb 23, 2006
I attend RHS...i was in the area when it happened...this is not a time to be discussing politics and how Bush affects this. It was one of the scariest moments of my life. Instead of politics, lets just send our thoughts and prayers out to the students, family and staff of RHS. None of us would have ever imagined that something like this would ever happen in our school, but it did. My love to all.
Taylor

Florence, OR

#7 Feb 25, 2006
The shooter went to my school last year. I saw him almost every day. But for all you people talking about gun owning republicans. Guns don't kill people, stupid people kill people.
Matt

Roseburg, OR

#8 Feb 26, 2006
Yeah, wasn't exactly scary, I was there, of course taking a piss in the bathroom. I got to my class before this emo kid came running in sayin someone got shot. Teacher said it was all rumors, but she ran out and checked and the emo was right. and it WAS NOT SURREAL, LIKE THAT STUPID GIRL SAID IT WAS ON TV!!! Everyone makes to big of emotional shit out of this crap. Kid got shot, but it was between them two, not like he was killin everyone in the school. So like i hope on monday people arent like, "this affected my life in a way ill never be able to live again..." or some other stupid bullshit. Hey this is life, and SHIT DOES HAPPEN!!! lets not get into SURREALNESS and what not. For those who did see the shooting, like actually were there to witness, yes it probably is a bit traumatizing. BUT FOR THE FUCKERS WHO SAT IN CLASS, AND BITCHED ABOUT HOW MUCH THEIR LIVES SUCKED RIGHT THEN, THEY PISS ME OFF. THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT MAKE THIS A HUGE STORY ABOUT THEM. Just when we go to class on monday guys, just everything will be cool, back to the way it was... I really don't want anymore crap. It's behind everyone now, so just stay calm, take it easy, and for godsakes if the people who didnt witness the shooting seek counseling... then they are fucking pusssies who need to be shot.
Bob

Cody, WY

#9 Feb 26, 2006
Matt wrote:
Yeah, wasn't exactly scary, I was there, of course taking a piss in the bathroom. I got to my class before this emo kid came running in sayin someone got shot. Teacher said it was all rumors, but she ran out and checked and the emo was right. and it WAS NOT SURREAL, LIKE THAT STUPID GIRL SAID IT WAS ON TV!!! Everyone makes to big of emotional shit out of this crap. Kid got shot, but it was between them two, not like he was killin everyone in the school. So like i hope on monday people arent like, "this affected my life in a way ill never be able to live again..." or some other stupid bullshit. Hey this is life, and SHIT DOES HAPPEN!!! lets not get into SURREALNESS and what not. For those who did see the shooting, like actually were there to witness, yes it probably is a bit traumatizing. BUT FOR THE FUCKERS WHO SAT IN CLASS, AND BITCHED ABOUT HOW MUCH THEIR LIVES SUCKED RIGHT THEN, THEY PISS ME OFF. THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT MAKE THIS A HUGE STORY ABOUT THEM. Just when we go to class on monday guys, just everything will be cool, back to the way it was... I really don't want anymore crap. It's behind everyone now, so just stay calm, take it easy, and for godsakes if the people who didnt witness the shooting seek counseling... then they are fucking pusssies who need to be shot.
Matt, you really need to CHILL, you also need to learn to express yourself without being a gutter-mouth. Any sensible person knows it is what in the heart of the individual that brings on this kind of violence, not an inanimate object such as a gun. Violence can be caused by knife, baseball bat, or any number of things. People are inclined to freak out much more if it is a gun. The news media certainly gives it much more coverage.
Matt

Roseburg, OR

#10 Feb 26, 2006
I know, i'm not exactly pissed off or anything, and i get what u mean. I know its bad and everything, but the media they make it way too big a deal. We were in the classroom, and we turn on the radio. For the 5 seconds it was on, the announcer said "1 shot dead, and 2 others wounded." We all were like ok thats crap and turned it off. And on Monday when we get back, everyone will make it a big story about their life, when really u know, its everyone's deal. I just don't like the people that say they are traumatized by this, when they didn't even see or hear it happen. And u know, it is wierd. I just don't want everyone sayin roseburg is a horrible and dangerous town, cuss there are only like 100 people at roseburg high school that make all 2000 of us look horrible. I hate it, i just kind of wish these people would take their problems elsewhere. The kid who shot the guy, was a huge pussy. He shot him in the back, sayin that Vince was afraid of Joe. If they had a problem, they shoulda gotten in a fight instead of a shooting. Anyone can kill someone with a gun, Vince is just like one of the biggest pussies in the world u know. And i heard the whole thing was over a girl, man seriously this shooter was not thinking whatsoever. Anyways, i know the whole thing sucks and all, i just hate the people that go on TV and say they just had a revelation from this school shooting. It's pathetic. But yeah you know, im not like completely blind as this being bad or anything, just people need to kind of look at this not as emotionally. Like on monday at school just like seriously, get it back to normal. No one wants anymore shit. And if anyone starts a shooting just for attention like this, they are just the lowest you could ever go.
Lee

Sun City, FL

#11 Feb 26, 2006
This was not a Columbine or a Thurston type school shooting. This incident doesnt even come close! As a community, we cannot begin to compare this act to those I just mentioned!! I hope we can keep this incident in perspective and get on with the rest of the school year. The school is already a closed campus and the students are not allowed to leave. If a student wants to bring a gun to school and start shooting maybe we better start looking at whats going on in the school and give these kids some space. Violence in one form or another happens in that school everyday. This just happen to make the papers.
anonamouse

AOL

#12 Feb 27, 2006
Lee wrote:
This was not a Columbine or a Thurston type school shooting. This incident doesnt even come close! As a community, we cannot begin to compare this act to those I just mentioned!! I hope we can keep this incident in perspective and get on with the rest of the school year. The school is already a closed campus and the students are not allowed to leave. If a student wants to bring a gun to school and start shooting maybe we better start looking at whats going on in the school and give these kids some space. Violence in one form or another happens in that school everyday. This just happen to make the papers.
how do you know this vince? and why call him a pussy? maybe this kid was rotten and sent him over the edge. i hear the kid who was shot was a drug dealer,a big looser, not that this justifies what vince did was right, because this was the wrong way to solve anything, but again how well do you know them? and what about this girl?
anonamouse

AOL

#13 Feb 27, 2006
Does anyone even know realy what happen? and why I see alot of opinions but something had to of sent this kid over the edge. I'd like to hear the truth, so if you realy know please tell cause who in their right mind just wigs out like this, if it was over a girl please no one person is worth killing for, NO ONE
Darrell

AOL

#14 Mar 1, 2006
Matt wrote:
It's idiots like you, who are moraly bankrupt, that are commiting these acts. Keep all involved in your prayers. What is someone living clear up in Harrisburg, about 100 miles away, doing in RHS?
anonamouse

AOL

#15 Mar 1, 2006
Darrell wrote:
<quoted text>It's idiots like you, who are moraly bankrupt, that are commiting these acts. Keep all involved in your prayers. What is someone living clear up in Harrisburg, about 100 miles away, doing in RHS?
why call this person an idiot, if you dont know the shooter or the person shot the only real opinion is why, what was done was wrong, but the kid who got shot is a jerk, in my opinion, not saying he deserved it,but he picks on people, the shooter,well should of not done it, as we know he wasn't intending on shooting every one, like in other school shootings just the one, he deserves what he is getting "jail" thankfully the kid didnt die but he needs to learn his bullshit needs to stop he gets a second chance unlike others, instead of being greatful i hear his family just wants revenge,but again no facts just going by the hearing day.
Darrell

AOL

#16 Mar 2, 2006
anonmouse, spelled anonymous, perhaps Matts vocabulary shows some intelligence to you??????????
anonamouse

AOL

#17 Mar 3, 2006
Are you serious?!!!!!! I thought we were talking about the school shooting, but I guess you just came on here to criticize people. And anyways, it's anonamouse. Not anonmouse. If your going to criticize me on spelling, do it right.
troy

Colorado Springs, CO

#18 Apr 19, 2006
does anyone know hte name of the person who brought the gun?
The Wicker Man

Springfield, OR

#19 Sep 4, 2006
Wow, Matt, you're an idiot. Relax, and quit calling people Emo, you're only feeding the flame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sutherlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Women cited after trespassing on train boxcar Feb 17 We Hate Coos Bay ... 1
How to get Winston coupons? Feb 17 Carlos Deckard 1
News Director of Veterans Hospital Accused of Manipu... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 10
Internal affairs Jan 29 Cindy Alexander B... 1
Medical Profession in Douglas County (Jan '13) Jan '18 Chris 15
News Police log: Caller wants to talk to male deputy... Dec '17 Thats me 1
roseburg blog! you may rant or rave whenever y... (Jan '14) Dec '17 Teddy 28

Sutherlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sutherlin Mortgages