dan p

AOL

#62 Sep 29, 2006
nothing
Chris

Puyallup, WA

#63 Sep 29, 2006
dan p wrote:
lets see how many games has uo defeated ou lets count all those national championships by uo lets count the conferance championships.i bet we can count winning seasons on a few fingers .ou has tradition uo well there just ducks
Yeah ND has tradition and well....need I say more.

Times change maybe not in the stone aged Okie land.. but yeah the rest of the world is marching on

And you are not familary with ducks record if you think you can count winning season on one hand,they should have played for a National Chapionship in 02 but were not whinning nearly as much as the Okies are about a bad call.
Chris

Puyallup, WA

#64 Sep 29, 2006
I think Mel Kiper said it best.

“Couple of things - I've never been a supporter of instant replay at any level. You let the officials on the field make the call. It's sport, not life or death. If you think one call is going to make a difference, I beg to differ. It's not like instant replay cures all the ills. They don't reverse some calls that maybe they should. To me, let it be. Oregon still had to make plays in that game to win, after the call. Oklahoma had to make some plays too. Oregon still had to make some plays. It was a fantastic finish. There were some great plays down the stretch by both teams. Unfortunately for Oklahoma, they didn't get the wins. What we do now, we obsess over every call. 50 million different camera angles. We need to move on. Let the officials make the call. There's too many stoppages, it takes the teams out of their rhythm. I don't believe in it. Everyone wants it to be a perfect world. Everyone's going to make a mistake. Make the call and move on. You've got to have neutral officials at intersectional games. Whether you have instant replay or not. There's no reason a MAC or Mountain West crew couldn't have done that game. Beano Cook's been saying that for 30 years.“

….and here’s my two cents.

Further more as I have said in the past Oregon has usually been on the receiving end of the bad calls in and out of conference play, not to mention being left out of National Championship and a couple of BCS bowls when they were most deserving. In all of these instances Oregon cried fowl but still got past it at the end of the day and took it on the chin like a man.

In conclusion my advice to the Sooner Nation is move past this ,and not try to discredit a good, honorable Oregon team that has to deal with all of the same pit falls of college football that everyone else deals with every Thursday and Saturday through out the season.
sybolies

Salem, OR

#65 Sep 30, 2006
I guess if you live in a place as insipid as Oklahoma, football is about all you have to live for. Of course, the university and its cry-baby fans showed that. Life ain't always fair, and human beings make mistakes. Ask the guy who was supposed to block the Oregon player who blocked the field goal.
Message to Oklahoma: create more things to live for than a stupid game. You'll be happy you did.
Honey

Wichita Falls, TX

#69 Oct 15, 2006
It could be worse, it could have been Florida International.
Quit crying

United States

#70 Oct 18, 2006
Beaver Fan wrote:
<quoted text>You know you are right about that replay,when they replayed the second to last touchdown by the Ducks it clearly shows the Sooners getting burnt,and when they replayed the last touchdown by the Ducks it CLEARLY shows the Sooners getting burnt!And the replay CLEARLY shows the Ducks blocking that last feild goal,SOONERS BURNT AGAIN! yes the replay is ALWAYS right.Conclusion ,SOONERS GOT THERE ASS HANDED TO THEM,check the replay!!!
MUWAHHHAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAAA... (breath)....haaaahahaha...MWAH HHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA!

How Bout that National Championship NOW Sooners?

HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! You never had a chance. Heisman gone too. EAT IT!!!
Gary

United States

#71 Nov 7, 2006
Steelheader wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it David. Oregon is on the good side of more bad calls than any other program in the PAC 10. The reason for their good fortune is none other than the Nike Swoosh that is worn by most college progams. I like to call Nike the "University of Oregon Athletic Fund"
You see the founder of Nike, Phil Knight, is a duck alumnus and he writes very large checks to the duck athletic program. I contend that he probably has bought off most of the PAC 10 officials and executives. So, more than likely it wasn't just an accidental bad call and an accidental oversite by the replay official, who by the way lives in Portland, Oregon just minutes from Beaverton, OR home of......Nike. Are you beginning to follow my Logic here?
So, yes I do believe the F%^#^#$ ducks would accept this victory. It's just par for the course for them. Now you see what the rest of the PAC 10 is up against.
Typical whining Beaver.....just jealous of Oregon's success. You guys are a lower level team and the Ducks are on top. Sucks don't it?
rosebowl

Portland, OR

#72 Nov 23, 2006
Will the whining and politiking by head coaches never cease? Stoops and that fat guy at ND should run for office after their coaching careers expire they really know how to "spin" an issue and dazzle 'em with BS.

If the on-side kick call were reversed in the OK/OR game OK would have beaten a mediocre PAC 10 team by a one td margin and in the process let that mediocre team roll up over 500 yards! Wow!

However, if those midget brain announcers @ESPN would have watched the whole game, instead of just one play, they would have seen that OR dominated the game and that on two OK tds time had expired on the play clock before the plays were run. More mistakes by the refs that were not corrected in OR's favor.

Did you happen to see the field goal that was blocked? It would have won the game for OK. Again OK did not execute.

In addition, the wimpy refs let Stoops and his yellers on the field all the way out to the hash marks for most of the game. More politiking by Stoops.

The Big 12 is weak top to bottom. They shouldn't play games like this as it exposes the leagues weakness.
Boomer Sooner

Abilene, TX

#73 Nov 23, 2006
At least we dont pay the refs
norman

AOL

#74 Nov 24, 2006
rosebowl wrote:
Will the whining and politiking by head coaches never cease? Stoops and that fat guy at ND should run for office after their coaching careers expire they really know how to "spin" an issue and dazzle 'em with BS.
If the on-side kick call were reversed in the OK/OR game OK would have beaten a mediocre PAC 10 team by a one td margin and in the process let that mediocre team roll up over 500 yards! Wow!
However, if those midget brain announcers @ESPN would have watched the whole game, instead of just one play, they would have seen that OR dominated the game and that on two OK tds time had expired on the play clock before the plays were run. More mistakes by the refs that were not corrected in OR's favor.
Did you happen to see the field goal that was blocked? It would have won the game for OK. Again OK did not execute.
In addition, the wimpy refs let Stoops and his yellers on the field all the way out to the hash marks for most of the game. More politiking by Stoops.
The Big 12 is weak top to bottom. They shouldn't play games like this as it exposes the leagues weakness.
This cheap trash talk is ok with me...I am use to seeing it on here...when losers cant see the truth they "you" always come up with crap...who the hell cares about the stats...we lost to texass and we had the best stats...you know the truth and so do we get a life loser...Hell idiot broadway joe does not cheer for your team or mine and he can see that OU was robbed....this is not getting through to you is it! I feel sorry for you and your team for accepting a cheap win.....you guys should only be playing on friday nights and I'm sure you would always have a fair win that way...idiot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sutherlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sun Shine Taxi. Wed Wymcdo 2
Medical Profession in Douglas County (Jan '13) Jun 22 Roseburg Ron 14
News Obama to Orlando is 9th visit to community vict... Jun 18 DL Hitt 1
Review: R.o.w.e Rowe Organics & Wholesale Equip... (Jul '13) Apr '16 Ommp1956 3
News Pipeline protesters: We're not going away Apr '16 We hate coos bay ... 1
Debate: Marijuana - Sutherlin, OR (Sep '10) Mar '16 Jill 8
News Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store opens at Roseburg... Mar '16 Bob 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sutherlin Mortgages